PDA

View Full Version : Poor Manos

Jjav829
04-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Bot 7th: San Francisco
- M. Alou safe at first on third baseman J. Valentin's fielding error, R. Durham scored, O. Vizquel to third

I get the feeling the Jose Valentin at 3B for the Dodgers experiment will work out about as well as the Jose Valentin at 3B for the White Sox experiment worked out. He did draw a walk, but also K'ed. We'll see if this is the same Manos we had. He's due up 3rd in the top of the 9th for the Dodgers and they're trailing by 2. If one of the first two batters gets on, things ought to get interesting.

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I get the feeling the Jose Valentin at 3B for the Dodgers experiment will work out about as well as the Jose Valentin at 3B for the White Sox experiment worked out. He did draw a walk, but also K'ed. We'll see if this is the same Manos we had. He's due up 3rd in the top of the 9th for the Dodgers and they're trailing by 2. If one of the first two batters gets on, things ought to get interesting.He might have had a chance to tie the game, but Parker Brothers GIDP.

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 05:50 PM
He's about to face Benitez with 2 outs (glad Vizquel is out of the league, huh?)

I felt bad for him before, they were talking about how an error was the differance in the game, and just had the focus on Valentin in the dugout.

Another former Sox sighting, Wunsch did his job in relief, I think he only faced 2 batters though.

And as I post, Jose grounds out on a shot to 1st. For those watching, I am very surprised he didn't swing at ball 2 in the dirt

Jjav829
04-05-2005, 05:53 PM
He might have had a chance to tie the game, but Parker Brothers GIDP.
Too bad. I wanted to see him up with a chance to tie/win the game. He's just a different player in those situations.

SABRSox
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm watching that game. He committed the error that let SF score the go ahead run. Dodgers defense will ruin them this year.

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Too bad. I wanted to see him up with a chance to tie/win the game. He's just a different player in those situations.

Dare I say, a meister?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I get the feeling the Jose Valentin at 3B for the Dodgers experiment will work out about as well as the Jose Valentin at 3B for the White Sox experiment worked out. He did draw a walk, but also K'ed. We'll see if this is the same Manos we had. He's due up 3rd in the top of the 9th for the Dodgers and they're trailing by 2. If one of the first two batters gets on, things ought to get interesting.

Or as well as the Jose Valentin at SS for the Sox the second half of last year.

Brian26
04-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Dare I say, a meister?

:hawk

"Jose loves the 'moment'!"