PDA

View Full Version : BA Ranks MLB Farm Systems

Vestigio
04-05-2005, 06:37 PM
White Sox rank 12.:o: Much better than I expected.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/features/050329orgsfree.html

SABRSox
04-05-2005, 07:22 PM
The thing that bothers me are the Tigers at 29. I haven't looked at their system, but from the way it sounds, it's pretty bare. That means they're gonna spend heavy in FA, and that doesn't bode well for a team like us with payroll restrictions. The Tigers probably go over $100mil next season.

PAPChiSox729
04-05-2005, 07:45 PM
12. Chicago White Sox
On the way back up thanks to outfielders such as Brian Anderson and Ryan Sweeney.

I am very excited about these two. They hit and play the outfield exceptionally well. The two both look to be future impact players and I hope they can make a big impact roaming the outfield for the Chicago White Sox.
:cool:

OEO Magglio
04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I thought kenny traded all our prospects away:cool: This ranking should continue to go up especially with some of our more talented guys in the lower minors such as gio and hernandez. Should be exciting to see some of the lower level talent grow and make this system even stronger.

MeanFish
04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
The thing that bothers me are the Tigers at 29. I haven't looked at their system, but from the way it sounds, it's pretty bare. That means they're gonna spend heavy in FA, and that doesn't bode well for a team like us with payroll restrictions. The Tigers probably go over $100mil next season.

I think that depends a lot on hockey. But I'm not sure.

Flight #24
04-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Wow. IMagine how good we'd rank if we actually had a stud pitcher in AA. You know, someone who reminded people of a proven MLB star like say.....McDougal. No, that's not it - McDonald? McDoral?

It'll come to me......

Really, this tells you something about BA.

Randar68
04-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Wow. IMagine how good we'd rank if we actually had a stud pitcher in AA. You know, someone who reminded people of a proven MLB star like say.....McDougal. No, that's not it - McDonald? McDoral?

It'll come to me......

Really, this tells you something about BA.

Ummm, they do talk about McCarthy in the subscriber-only section. Each team got one line in the free section, and just a few sentences per team in the subscriber version, nothing ground-breaking. Sheeesh. The organization is flush with OF prospects, what's wrong with mentioning the 2 best ones?

Ol' No. 2
04-06-2005, 11:52 AM
The thing that bothers me are the Tigers at 29. I haven't looked at their system, but from the way it sounds, it's pretty bare. That means they're gonna spend heavy in FA, and that doesn't bode well for a team like us with payroll restrictions. The Tigers probably go over $100mil next season.Relax. As long as they're spending it on gimpy-kneed right fielders and has-been closers, there's nothing to worry about.

MisterB
04-06-2005, 02:31 PM

Detroit's highest ever payroll was $61M, and they're under $50M estimated for this year. Come back off the ledge now.

Flight #24
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Ummm, they do talk about McCarthy in the subscriber-only section. Each team got one line in the free section, and just a few sentences per team in the subscriber version, nothing ground-breaking. Sheeesh. The organization is flush with OF prospects, what's wrong with mentioning the 2 best ones?

Well, not being a subscriber, I didn't see that, so I will partially retract my scorn. Still, you'd think the top prospect in the org, the guy who was one of the best pitchers, not just Sox pitchers in ST would be worth mentioning when they talk about the farm.