PDA

View Full Version : Rally Socks

I want Mags back
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
While I was watching the game, They kept showing people waving there rally socks. It looks pretty cool. What are your thoughts on the rally sock. Should it become like our tomahawk for the braves, where everone would have one and stuff, or is it lame

ewokpelts
04-05-2005, 04:10 PM
it's ok....

Gene

Rocky Soprano
04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
I agree, its ok. If we could get all the fans doing it then it would probably look awesome.

JoseCanseco6969
04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
While I was watching the game, They kept showing people waving there rally socks. It looks pretty cool. What are your thoughts on the rally sock. Should it become like our tomahawk for the braves, where everone would have one and stuff, or is it lame

I think its better than nothing. Makes for good cheering

Baby Fisk
04-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I remember reading something recently about this. Sox fans did this in the past, but now I can't remember when it was (this demonstrates my sieve-like retention abilities). Damn! There must be someone who can speak to this. LipMan where are you? :unsure:

Whitesox029
04-05-2005, 04:14 PM
I think it fits...the team name and everything...what other team's fans can wave the literal manifestation of their team's nickname above their heads?
What's that you say?...oh right...damn...:mad:
OK, Red Sox don't count...they aren't bright enough to see.:redneck

Maybe the Twins should change their name to "The Minnesota Homer Hankies."

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
I just got an updated schedule of promotions. Mark your calendars for April 15. They're giving away White Sox Thunder sticks. (I wish I was kidding.)

batmanZoSo
04-05-2005, 04:16 PM
They should give them out. Or sell them for a dollar a piece, just some cheap piece of fabric, maybe put an ad on them and they'll cost nothing to make. Everybody loves a good fan gimmick, it would give us some notoriety.

SomebodyToldMe
04-05-2005, 04:17 PM
They're ok, but they don't beat the wave!

D. TODD
04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I do not like them at all. My opinion is tainted though, since I was sitting in the bleachers for game 3 of the Blue Jays/Sox playoff series and had the misfortune of having two poorly controlled children continuously wave those dang socks in my sightline for the majority of the game.

SaltyPretzel
04-05-2005, 04:24 PM
I remember reading something recently about this. Sox fans did this in the past, but now I can't remember when it was (this demonstrates my sieve-like retention abilities). Damn! There must be someone who can speak to this. LipMan where are you? :unsure:

It was '93. I remember Bo Jackson running around the field waving around a sock after clinching the division.

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 04:25 PM
It was '93. I remember Bo Jackson running around the field waving around a sock after clinching the division.They've given rally socks away many times. I recall a sea of them during the 2000 playoffs.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I just got an updated schedule of promotions. Mark your calendars for April 15. They're giving away White Sox Thunder sticks. (I wish I was kidding.)
Good thing the vouchers I got from ewokpelts are good for the April 16th game. :D:

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Good thing the vouchers I got from ewokpelts are good for the April 16th game. :D:And now for the bad news. Many of the people who got them on the 15th will be back with them on the 16th.:(:

HomeFish
04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Last year, I got thundersticks at a soccer game at Soldier Field. I wanted to bring them to the Sox game the next day, but I posted on WSI first to make sure nobody would object.

Well, I got nothing but objections, so, out of respect for my fellow Sox fans, I didn't bring them.

As for the rally socks, I got one in 1999 when some guy was throwing them off the top of the dugout. It sat in my drawer for years until I took it to a Sox/Seattle game in 2004. I did not recieve any feedback, positive or negative, on my use of it there.

I think I will bring the one I got at Opening Day back. I think its sort of nifty.

Palehose13
04-05-2005, 04:33 PM
I saw quite a few of these around the park. Where were people getting them?

HomeFish
04-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I saw quite a few of these around the park. Where were people getting them?

First 20,000 fans at the ballpark recieved a White Sox rally sock, courtesy of US Cellular, the presenting sponsor of your 2005 Chicago White Sox.

batmanZoSo
04-05-2005, 04:38 PM
I do not like them at all. My opinion is tainted though, since I was sitting in the bleachers for game 3 of the Blue Jays/Sox playoff series and had the misfortune of having two poorly controlled children continuously wave those dang socks in my sightline for the majority of the game.

Game 3 was in Toronto.

D. TODD
04-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Game 3 was in Toronto. You are correct it was the clincher for the Jays game 6. I think the rally socks were pushed hard in the Sun-times to bring to the park from home. Those two kids just waved them the whole game paying little to no attention to why they were waving them. It was a cold disappointing night, probably would have much fonder thoughts for the rally socks if the Sox had won.

oeo
04-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I think the rally socks would look awesome in a playoff game, with a full house.

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 04:57 PM
I think the rally socks would look awesome in a playoff game, with a full house.I'd say at least half the people had them during the 2000 playoffs. (Or maybe they just took off the ones they were wearing.:(:) It did, indeed, look awesome.

santo=dorf
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
It was '93. I remember Bo Jackson running around the field waving around a sock after clinching the division.
Yep.

I was there for the game and I was one of many who brought out my rally Sox. :D:

I think they also made a comeback during the 2003 season too.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I remember Joe Stephen used to stand in the aisles between innings passing out socks from a large cardboard box. Stephen of course was a dope.

In spite of this I approve of the Sox passing out socks. I'm 100 percent in favor of anything that keeps the knuckleheads in the audience preoccupied enough to prevent them from starting the wave.

:cool:

Banix12
04-05-2005, 05:11 PM
There are only three things that fans do that bug me...
1. The Wave (kill all who start one)
2. Throwing back a homerun ball.
3. That damn Tomahawk Chop, not so much for the motion but for the chant that accompanies it. I just heard it too many times during the 90's come playoff time.

Other than those three, it's all fair game to me. Rally Socks (frankly we should use them more just as a tie in to the name White Sox), Thunder Sticks, Rally Monkeys, that drum in Cleveland, it's all in good fun. It's also a lot of fun for little kids, and that's what's most important anyway. Just about anything that gets the fans up, involved, and cheering is a good thing.

I remember when I was a kid at seat cushion night, if you took two of them and pounded them together you could get a pretty good irritating sound, that was fun. Equally fun was throwing them off the upper deck of old comiskey, watching the white cushions with the old 1980's sox emblem flutter down on the field while the umps threatened to call the game.

chisoxmike
04-05-2005, 05:28 PM
I could care less about them, I woudn't wave them around or thunder sticks or anything like that, but they would give the Sox something that makes them stand out. They're better than homer hankies!

I want Mags back
04-05-2005, 05:36 PM
I remember when I was a kid at seat cushion night, if you took two of them and pounded them together you could get a pretty good irritating sound, that was fun. Equally fun was throwing them off the upper deck of old comiskey, watching the white cushions with the old 1980's sox emblem flutter down on the field while the umps threatened to call the game.

Thats histerical :supernana:

zach074
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
I was at the game and i got a rally sock, but no one was really waving them untill the 9th inning.