PDA

View Full Version : Hawk's Nicknames??

VivaOzzie
04-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Hey can somebody let me know when Hawk starts putting his nicknames for the new guys in place?? Im up here in Michigan and dont get to listen to Hawk and DJ a lot, mlb.tv usually sticks me with the crappy announcers (like Cleveland's yesterday, absolutely terrible).

I love what Hawk does with the nicknames, and I dont want to get used to whatever I make up. What Hawk says, goes with me. Thanks!!

Erik The Red
04-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Just pay attention to this board, I'm sure you'll find out pretty soon afterwards.

ChiSoxRowand
04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey can somebody let me know when Hawk starts putting his nicknames for the new guys in place?? Im up here in Michigan and dont get to listen to Hawk and DJ a lot, mlb.tv usually sticks me with the crappy announcers (like Cleveland's yesterday, absolutely terrible).

I love what Hawk does with the nicknames, and I dont want to get used to whatever I make up. What Hawk says, goes with me. Thanks!!

Aren't the road announcers usually the ones on MLB.tv?

oeo
04-05-2005, 03:52 PM

As far as I know and heard, he calls Podsednik "Scottie"...and that's all I've heard him, except against Milwaukee I think he called Hermanson either "Herm" or "Hermie" or maybe I'm crazy.

VivaOzzie
04-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Aren't the road announcers usually the ones on MLB.tv?

Yep, in most cases. And there are some real hacks out there. :angry:

LongLiveFisk
04-05-2005, 09:57 PM
As far as I know and heard, he calls Podsednik "Scottie"...and that's all I've heard him, except against Milwaukee I think he called Hermanson either "Herm" or "Hermie" or maybe I'm crazy.

Wow, Hawk is losing his touch..he used to be a lot more creative. Like "the little bulldog" and even "El Caballo"!

Nellie_Fox
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Wow, Hawk is losing his touch..he used to be a lot more creative. Like "the little bulldog" and even "El Caballo"!He doesn't force the nicknames. They come when they come, and you have to earn a nickname.

seahawk037
04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I vaguely recall him calling Jermaine Dye JD or Dye Dye during a couple of ST games.