PDA

View Full Version : Aramis is no Ordonez...

White Sox Randy
04-05-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm just reading a paragraph from the Trib:

"Though he may have been able to get that much or more on the open market, Ramirez also had to consider the possibility of being injured this season, potentially hurting his overall value. In the end, he decided that Chicago was exactly where he wanted to be, so taking a few million less to stay was an easy decision."

This is for any of you Jagglio defenders left. This is how a professional negotiates a contract . When a player says that he wants to stay with his current team but then insists on the team paying him as much or more than any other team would - HE IS A LIAR. AND, A GREEDY LIAR AT THAT.

VivaOzzie
04-05-2005, 02:19 PM

This is for any of you Jagglio defenders left. This is how a professional negotiates a contract . When a player says that he wants to stay with his current team but then insists on the team paying him as much or more than any other team would - HE IS A LIAR. AND, A GREEDY LIAR AT THAT.

LOL...havent heard that one before!! Well done! Cant wait to unleash that one on all the Michiganders up here!

jabrch
04-05-2005, 02:27 PM
He also got a very sweet deal in that he can opt out after 2006 if he wants. The club is obligated to 4 years at about 11mm, but he can leave after two for FA and get a ton more if he is worth it. For him it was a great deal. For the Cubs it was effectively a 1 year extension - nothing more.

GiveMeSox
04-05-2005, 02:28 PM

"Though he may have been able to get that much or more on the open market, Ramirez also had to consider the possibility of being injured this season, potentially hurting his overall value. In the end, he decided that Chicago was exactly where he wanted to be, so taking a few million less to stay was an easy decision."

Your point is valid and right on. This is what I have been saying all along. Esentially Maggs turned down 12 mil for 5 years from us to get 15 mil for 5 years from the tigers. And all that after saying he wanted to stay in Chicago as his #1 prioirty. That is just pure greed. What is an extra 3 mil when you are already making 12. Why leave your home, your fans, your routine, your life, for that. PURE GREED!!!

Palehose13
04-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Your point is valid and right on. This is what I have been saying all along. Esentially Maggs turned down 12 mil for 5 years from us to get 15 mil for 5 years from the tigers. And all that after saying he wanted to stay in Chicago as his #1 prioirty. That is just pure greed. What is an extra 3 mil when you are already making 12. Why leave your home, your fans, your routine, your life, for that. PURE GREED!!!

Well, Detroit is a WONDERFUL city.