PDA

View Full Version : Expect small crowd on Wednesday

Gammons Peter
04-05-2005, 10:33 AM
I just did a quick ticket search for Wednesday and there are still great seats available. Good box seats and 1st row bleachers. It will be very disappointing if they only get 15,000 fans after that great opening day win.

anewman35
04-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I just did a quick ticket search for Wednesday and there are still great seats available. Good box seats and 1st row bleachers. It will be very disappointing if they only get 15,000 fans after that great opening day win.

I can't remember a second game of the season (especially a DAY second game of the season) that hasn't had a really small crowd. It's inevitable, I suppose - Everybody who really wants to go goes opening day, and the vast majority of people aren't going to take off twice in one week for a game, especially an April game that might get cold.

TommyJohn
04-05-2005, 10:40 AM

Sox fans work, remember? Well, except for me. I requested the day off and
got it.

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 10:41 AM
I just did a quick ticket search for Wednesday and there are still great seats available. Good box seats and 1st row bleachers. It will be very disappointing if they only get 15,000 fans after that great opening day win.Even day games in mid-summer don't sell well. I'd say 15,000 would be a good crowd for April 6. Besides, the last weather forecast I saw was for rain.:(:

Tekijawa
04-05-2005, 10:52 AM
I seem to remember them falling below 10k for last years games following the opener... I lost the link to the site that has comparisions game by game to last years totals and Dailys.

Palehose13
04-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I used up my last sick day yesterday. No more day games for me until mid-June.

Gosox1917
04-05-2005, 11:35 AM
I'll be at the game Thursday since I don't have any classes that afternoon. I looked on ticketmaster as well and there are many great seats left. My neighbor, a misguided Indians fan, and I are going to wait til we get to the stadium before the game to get tickets. The ticketmaster says the best seats available are around sections 148 or 116 but about 30 rows up, this is so it looks like there are more people at the game on tv. However, if you want to be closer to the field, call ticketmaster or wait til the day of the game and ask for tix as close to the field as possible, especially if you know it will be a small crowd for the game. I did this before and got tickets right near the security guards in foul territory in the third row.

Sad
04-05-2005, 11:40 AM
I'll be at the game Thursday since I don't have any classes that afternoon. I looked on ticketmaster as well and there are many great seats left.

I was also planning on Thursday (my first game) but with the forecast what it is I may opt to stay on this side of the lake & go into work... wait & see that morning I guess... :(:

I have tix for all the other remaining weekday games...

ewokpelts
04-05-2005, 11:43 AM
I seem to remember them falling below 10k for last years games following the opener... I lost the link to the site that has comparisions game by game to last years totals and Dailys.
11k...the 3rd game had 15K
Gene

The Racehorse
04-05-2005, 11:49 AM
If I could, I would [go to Wednesday's game].

chaz171
04-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Well sports fans,,, good seats still available.....go out and buy....

firejauron
04-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Well if you could loan me some sick days I would go.

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I used up my last sick day yesterday. No more day games for me until mid-June.Funny...you didn't LOOK sick.:tongue:

Palehose13
04-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Funny...you didn't LOOK sick.:tongue:

Sure I was...it was a mental health day and I need soooo many more. First day back from Spring Break and I still hate where I am as much as when I left. Ugh. Ah well, 50 more school days til my new school!

ewokpelts
04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Well sports fans,,, good seats still available.....go out and buy....good seats still available is a very bad axiom from the gallas days.....please dont use it...
Gene

p.s. I already had tix to tomorrow's game...from my 9 game pack

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 01:51 PM
What's with the "Opening Day Fan Ticket" option on Ticketmaster.com? Did they have some promotion for people that were at yesterday's game?

havelj
04-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Please, please, please - no talk this season on attendance. It gets really old and to the people on this board, you are preaching to the chior; almost all of us would love to have season tickets, go to every game and not have to worry about school, work, family.

Hitmen77
04-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Please, please, please - no talk this season on attendance. It gets really old and to the people on this board, you are preaching to the chior; almost all of us would love to have season tickets, go to every game and not have to worry about school, work, family.

I agree. We've played one game and people are already talking about low attendance. Do we have to go through this for 80 more games? Leave that constant nay-saying to the Cubune. I don't think it's realistic to expect the Sox to draw 30k or so on a weekday or weeknight game in early April. It's just not going to happen unless the Sox win a pennant.

ondafarm
04-05-2005, 02:40 PM
My fiancee and I will be at the game on Thursday.

My future brother-in-law graduates from Chicago Police Academy that morning.

Anybody who wants a piece of me come my the ugly middle aged guy sitting with the great looking red head.

ewokpelts
04-05-2005, 04:00 PM
What's with the "Opening Day Fan Ticket" option on Ticketmaster.com? Did they have some promotion for people that were at yesterday's game?
dunno....
Gene

kevingrt
04-05-2005, 07:09 PM
I hate that no one comes out on the second day of opening series. But what can you expect from working class people to miss two days of work in a row. What should we all make this mandatory vacation week or something?

MeanFish
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I hate that no one comes out on the second day of opening series. But what can you expect from working class people to miss two days of work in a row. What should we all make this mandatory vacation week or something?

I like the way you think. Except make that mandatory PAID vacation week! :D:

You might be onto something here...

JB98
04-05-2005, 07:32 PM

Amen. I think most of the people on this board already go to a good number of games. The empty blue seats are not our fault.