PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Sightings

skottyj242
04-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Just wanted to ask anyone who went to the game yesterday, what was the most obscure jersey they saw someone wearing. While tailgating before the game I saw a kid sporting a Lyle Mouton jersey, then when the game ended I saw a guy wearing a Slappy Caruso jersey. Can anyone beat those?

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Just wanted to ask anyone who went to the game yesterday, what was the most obscure jersey they saw someone wearing. While tailgating before the game I saw a kid sporting a Lyle Mouton jersey, then when the game ended I saw a guy wearing a Slappy Caruso jersey. Can anyone beat those?I saw a guy in a Bevington jersey.:o:

Palehose13
04-05-2005, 10:23 AM
I saw a Sox Steve Sax Jersey and an authentic jersey with "Cubs Suck" "69" on the back. I didn't care for that one too much...it seems juvenile to me. Why spend all that money on a jersey to state the obvious?

IlliniSox
04-05-2005, 10:25 AM
I gave a high-5 to a dude with a Deacon Newsom jersey. Also a Dan Pasqua road jersey sighting in the john.

skottyj242
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I saw a Sox Steve Sax Jersey and an authentic jersey with "Cubs Suck" "69" on the back. I didn't care for that one too much...it seems juvenile to me. Why spend all that money on a jersey to state the obvious?

I saw a few of those myself....I saw a guy wearing one that said "Cubs Suck" but the number was #. I didn't understand that one.

champagne030
04-05-2005, 10:44 AM

maybe you were in my section (102)...she was sitting a couple of rows in front of us. the '69 does seem a little juvenile to me, but maybe i'm getting a little too old....the "cubs suck" has to go.....i hate the cubs, as any sox fan does, but opening day against cleveland? i don't care about the flubs on our day....that's the type of shirt that makes some people think we care about them losing more than we care about us winning!

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 10:48 AM
maybe you were in my section (102)...she was sitting a couple of rows in front of us. the '69 does seem a little juvenile to me, but maybe i'm getting a little too old....the "cubs suck" has to go.....i hate the cubs, as any sox fan does, but opening day against cleveland? i don't care about the flubs on our day....that's the type of shirt that makes some people think we care about them losing more than we care about us winning!Leaving the park there were a couple of guys dressed up in batman garb. Very clever. Seems pretty juvenile. That's not even "welcome to last year" territory.

Palehose13
04-05-2005, 10:49 AM
maybe you were in my section (102)...she was sitting a couple of rows in front of us. the '69 does seem a little juvenile to me, but maybe i'm getting a little too old....the "cubs suck" has to go.....i hate the cubs, as any sox fan does, but opening day against cleveland? i don't care about the flubs on our day....that's the type of shirt that makes some people think we care about them losing more than we care about us winning!

No, I was in 158, but I saw him when we were walking down the ramp of gate 2. I'm guessing that we didn't see the same person since yours was female.

We are the same way...I hate the cubs and all, but I like to put my time and energy and loving the Sox, not hating the cubs. I really do think some Sox fans aren't really Sox fans, but "anti-cub" fans.

Stroker Ace
04-05-2005, 11:54 AM
I've seen a Jim Parque jersey once.

C-Dawg
04-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I need to make up my mind and place my order with Triple Threat Sports. I think I might be getting a Salome Barojas. :tongue:

tacosalbarojas
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I need to make up my mind and place my order with Triple Threat Sports. I think I might be getting a Salome Barojas. :tongue: You'll never regret it, C-Dawg. Myself, I rocked my Squires #25 road '85 jersey.

ChiSoxRowand
04-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Last year I saw a guy with a Shoeneweis jersey and a guy with a Borchard jersey.

I want Mags back
04-05-2005, 03:41 PM

I saw that when I googled CUBS SUCK

DSpivack
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
at a game several years i saw someone wearing a bulls jojo english jersey.

zach074
04-05-2005, 05:46 PM
I saw that guy as well, I don't understand why people where cubs sucks things to a non Sox Cubs game.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Didn't get to the game yesterday, but at SoxFest I saw (and if I'm lyin', I'm dyin') a Jose Paniagua Sox jersey! Didn't that guy get rocked in his one inning of service in '03, flip off somebody on his way to the dugout, and get released that afternoon?:o:

CPditka
04-05-2005, 05:53 PM
I may have the winner, I saw some a lady with a Don Pall (? Paul) jersey in the upper deck. Good times.

Infallible
04-05-2005, 06:20 PM
I gave a high-5 to a dude with a Deacon Newsom jersey. Also a Dan Pasqua road jersey sighting in the john.

You didn't give him a how you doin' in the John as well did you?

soxfan43
04-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I saw a pasqua, and my favorite a guy with a maggs jersey but with the last name taped over to DONE, which was funny. also saw a guy with a Cubs Suck on the back.

JGarlandrules20
04-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Didn't get to the game yesterday, but at SoxFest I saw (and if I'm lyin', I'm dyin') a Jose Paniagua Sox jersey! Didn't that guy get rocked in his one inning of service in '03, flip off somebody on his way to the dugout, and get released that afternoon?:o:

I saw that too!

Foulke You
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM

I have a feeling most of the obscure player jerseys like Paniagua (or a Nardi Contreras jersey, which I have seen someone wear) were picked up at the Garage Sale by people who wanted a game used jersey regardless of the player or coach. There was a guy at the Sox/Brewers game on Saturday wearing a Bevington jersey. Why in God's name would you wear such a thing???!! :?:

TommyJohn
04-05-2005, 07:30 PM
I have a feeling most of the obscure player jerseys like Paniagua (or a Nardi Contreras jersey, which I have seen someone wear) were picked up at the Garage Sale by people who wanted a game used jersey regardless of the player or coach. There was a guy at the Sox/Brewers game on Saturday wearing a Bevington jersey. Why in God's name would you wear such a thing???!! :?:

Bevington!!! Bevington!!! BEEEEE
VVVVVINGTON!!!!!!
AAAAARRRGHHHH!!
:angry: :mad: :cuss: :mg: :kukoo: :anon: :offtopic:

Whoa. Sorry. had another fit of Bev Rage. It happens. I must say though
that I like this picture of Bev:

:andy

cwsox
04-05-2005, 10:22 PM
I saw a guy in a Bevington jersey.:o:

that is just too sick for words

soxfan43
04-05-2005, 10:44 PM
i forgot the best one of all, someone wearing a canseco sox jersey, he was hearing it from people in line in the bathroom

NardiWasHere
04-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I have a feeling most of the obscure player jerseys like Paniagua (or a Nardi Contreras jersey, which I have seen someone wear) were picked up at the Garage Sale

I NEED A NARDI JERSEY. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ONE?!?!!?!?!?!?! THIS IS IMPORTANT!

popilius
04-06-2005, 12:37 AM
The Paniagua jersey probably beats all, but last year at the park I saw a man with a Roger Bossard jersey! There was no number on the back. Pretty cool!

:gulp:

skottyj242
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
I may have the winner, I saw some a lady with a Don Pall (? Paul) jersey in the upper deck. Good times.

That's all right because "The Pope" grew up (and still lives?) in Evergreen Park, so it might have been a neighbor or relative.