PDA

View Full Version : Why Dont They

misty60481
04-05-2005, 09:28 AM
I know that leaving a day between opening day and game two is because early April weather can be changeable, but why dont they try to schedule so that they take advantage of weather---for instance--- we knew a couple days ago that Monday and Tuesday were going to be nice,, couldnt we have rescheduled Wed. game to Tues?? As it is today is going to be beautiful day--70s and Wed. is supposed to be rainy and maybe no game--- I hate to see us not take advantage of one of the few nice days we get at this time of year and then take a chance of not playing or trying to get in game through rain-delays.. I know working people cant schedule there days off that way but seems a shame to pass up a day like today----

voodoochile
04-05-2005, 09:31 AM
How long ago did they know? 2 days? I mean it's April. It's Chicago. The weather is NOT predictable past a few days out.

You going to tell everybody who bought tickets in advance that they suddenly have to rearrange their schedule and go to the park on Tuesday instead of Wednesday? You really want to deal with that PR backlash?

misty60481
04-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Im not saying it could be changed---I just think it is a shame to miss a day like today for a game--we dont get many like this in April...

C-Dawg
04-05-2005, 09:49 AM
If I had taken Weds. off as a vacation day I'd have a terrible time getting it switched to a Tuesday on short notice. Only Cub fans have carefree schedules such as that.

mike squires
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
The rescheduling part doesn't make sense but I know what you're saying! I hate the day after opening day. I want to see some more baseball and I don't want to wait until tomorrow!

Frater Perdurabo
04-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Here's what they should have done: scheduled games for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and left Thursday as an off day. That way, a rain out on any of the three days could be made up on Thursday.

ewokpelts
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Here's what they should have done: scheduled games for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and left Thursday as an off day. That way, a rain out on any of the three days could be made up on Thursday.
they left today open so that IF there was bad weather, they can play it today...if you had thursday open, you have to tell the people that spent lots of money on opening day tix to come back in 3 days. not a good pr move.
Gene

Sad
04-05-2005, 12:50 PM

amen... been saying this for years... that off day after game 1 is assenine...