PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano = New "Nuke LaLoosh"?

StillMissOzzie
04-05-2005, 01:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It was mentioned briefly in some other thread, but Carlos Zambrano was tossed from the sCrUBS - D-Backs game with a 9-3 lead, after 4 2/3 innings, for arguing balls & strikes after he walked in the 3rd run with the bases loaded.

Is Zambrano trying to take the mantle of "Nuke LaLoosh" from departed sCrUB Kyle Farnsworth [ $ Million dollar arm, $0.10 brain ]. The healthiest arm left on the sCrUB staff seems to be establishing a well-earned reputation as a head case around the NL, and alienating a few umpires in game #1 of the 2005 campaign will really help his cause.

SMO
:gulp:

Baby Fisk
04-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Every ump I've ever met knew that getting shown up by a player is part of the game and all in good fun. They laugh it off and forget about it for next time. Shrinking Zambo's strike zone next time around would be classless retaliation on the part of the ump, not to mention a sin against baby bear baseball.

Uncle_Patrick
04-05-2005, 09:35 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2642&stc=1

How appropriate. Umps love being shown up in the first game of the season. What a great way to start!

Risk
04-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I personally refer to Zambrano as "Captain Caveman" or "Caveman Carlos."

Risk

TDog
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Suspend the man for a few games. After he acts up in his next start, suspend him again, for a few games more. And the next game and the next game. By the time his appeals are heard, he could miss some starts to give him time to consider adjusting his attitude.

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Suspend the man for a few games. After he acts up in his next start, suspend him again, for a few games more. And the next game and the next game. By the time his appeals are heard, he could miss some starts to give him time to consider adjusting his attitude.No need. The umpires have a pretty effective way of taking care of this on their own.

AZChiSoxFan
04-05-2005, 10:48 AM
It's all Bob Brenly's fault!!

Dan H
04-05-2005, 11:00 AM
This is why the Cubs won't win anything this year. They have talent but no brains. Kerry Wood has chronic arm problems but won't consider changing anything because he is Kid K. Zambrano is needed more than ever for this team because of the obvious problems the Cub staff has, and he pulls this nonsense. Hopefully the Sox can take advantage of these real losers when they play their six games this year.

MeanFish
04-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I personally refer to Zambrano as "Captain Caveman" or "Caveman Carlos."

Risk

Funny, I usually use the former for Johnny Damon.

chaz171
04-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Your Opening Day Starter Gets tossed.....on opening day...with a 7 run lead....

This guy is a first class tool.......The Cub and Cub fan alike deserve this goof.

A Bad Arm,
A Wuss
A Headcase Jerk
An Ancient Has Been
And a Glendon Rusch

No Closer, No pen....

Take a good look, Cub nation, yes that's the St. Louis Cardinals you see...running away with it again....

Shorty1983
04-05-2005, 01:07 PM
This guy reminds me of Julian Tavarez when he gets wacked around and takes out his anger on the ump. What a tool.

DumpJerry
04-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Last year I posted that the team doc needs to be a shrink. I hope they find a new one. Last year's shrink did not get the job done.

Clement's beard
04-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Take a good look, Cub nation, yes that's the St. Louis Cardinals you see...running away with it again....

:?: Last I checked, the Cardinals have not played a game and are trailing the Cubs, Reds and Brewers by 1/2 game. So actually, I don't see them running away with anything as I "take a good look".:bandance:

Baby Fisk
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
:?: Last I checked, the Cardinals have not played a game and are trailing the Cubs, Reds and Brewers by 1/2 game. So actually, I don't see them running away with anything as I "take a good look".:bandance:
Shouldn't you be hanging out at a place like this one? (http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1):?:

DumpJerry
04-05-2005, 01:24 PM
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Irishsox1
04-05-2005, 01:26 PM
I love his numbers from the game 4 2/3 innings...104 pitches, Burley Man 8 innings.....102 pitches. The guy is a total spaz.

DumpJerry
04-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I love his numbers from the game 4 2/3 innings...104 pitches, Burley Man 8 innings.....102 pitches. The guy is a total spaz.
If you apply his "great" outing to the Sox game, the Sox lose!

shoota
04-05-2005, 06:22 PM
It's all Bob Brenly's fault!!
:)

Zambrano's mental instablity is just one more reason why Buehrle is the best pitcher in town.

PatK
04-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Steve Stone's quote about being impressed that the Cubs went 4-2/3 innings before having someone thrown out was classic.

ChiSox14305635
04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
From Chicagosports.com:

Carlos Zambrano was ejected in the season opener. Is he out of control?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 39.5%
Yeah, itís always something with him (2139 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 60.5%
No, Zambrano is just an emotional guy (3279 responses)

5418 total responses

And who wouldn't agree?:rolleyes:

I want Mags back
04-06-2005, 04:43 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2642&stc=1

How appropriate. Umps love being shown up in the first game of the season. What a great way to start!

ohh thats hilarious

ChiSox14305635
04-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Updated numbers from the poll, and still ridiculous. :D:

Carlos Zambrano was ejected in the season opener. Is he out of control?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 39.2%
Yeah, itís always something with him (2488 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 60.8%
No, Zambrano is just an emotional guy (3855 responses)

6343 total responses

shoota
04-06-2005, 11:21 PM

You need to make that same sig with the classless Michael Barrett in the picture.

Uncle_Patrick
04-06-2005, 11:40 PM
You need to make that same sig with the classless Michael Barrett in the picture.

I didn't make it. Some Cardinals fan made it after all the crap went down between the Cubs and Cards last year and Zambrano claiming that one of the Cardinals players (Jim Edmonds, I think) was showing him up after a home run. But whatever, Zambrano is just an emotional guy.

shoota
04-07-2005, 01:47 AM
From Chicagosports.com:

[/b]

And who wouldn't agree?:rolleyes:

They had this same poll on Comcast's Chicago Tribune Live.

All quotes in this post are paraphrased.

Dan Jiggets hosted with a panel of Teddy Greenstein, Dan McGrath and Bernstein. Jiggets went out of his way to defend Zambrano's actions. Jiggets said, "Isn't it good sometimes for a player to show emotion as long as he doesn't go over the line or loses control?" Of course, none of those tools on the panel said, "Yes, but Zambrano DOES go over the line, HE IS out of control."

Greenstein had a comment like this: "Greg Maddux doesn't lose control and he's a proven winner," to which Jiggets said, "Well that's not a part of Maddux's personality. Zambrano's an emotional guy."

Then they ripped on Comiskey saying how fly balls leave the yard at record pace now. Jiggets said, "it could be because of the adjustments in center field." :thud:

Here's some other comments from the show:

"We knew all year that lineup is gonna struggle." -Teddy Greenstein's assemsent on the 2005 White Sox lineup after two games of data.

"Iguchi is overmatched" -Bernstein

"I don't think [Iguchi is] known for his defense" -Greenstein

I guess Greenstein doesn't know Iguchi has won three Gold Gloves with the Daiei Hawks.

I was watching this show a few weeks ago when one panel member made a bad joke saying that Rowand recovered well from his dirtbike accident he suffered before the 2004 season, so maybe he should give that dirtbike to Crede so he can have a great 2005 season. And no one corrected him. :thud: