PDA

View Full Version : Nice article in the Tribune about Cowley

ChiSox14305635
04-05-2005, 12:30 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050404greenstein,1,5838817.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Even though I despised him for the way he wrote that article about Frank's contract situation last year, I hope he's able to make a full recovery.

Lip Man 1
04-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Joe has had his disagreements with some of us here at WSI (I can personally vouch for this and so can PHG) but anyone who has any humanity in him has to wish him well. If not for his sake, then for his wife and four year old son.

When this came out I guess last Fall, Phil Arvia, his co-worker at the Southtown wrote a nice column about it and listed his e-mail so folks could write him.

I wrote Joe and to my surprise he graciously responded. I'm not saying that erases some of the comments he made towards me personally and to the web site (and apparently to George's wife) but it still is worth noting that he did respond to my e-mail.

Lip

34 Inch Stick
04-05-2005, 03:46 PM
I would not wish his problem on anyone. A young family being involved makes it a heart wrenching story. I wish him good health no matter what problems I have had with him in the past or will have with him in the future.

jabrch
04-05-2005, 04:02 PM
There are a lot of really GOOD people in this world going through similar or even worse troubles than Mr. Cowley. I'm frankly tired of Joe's friends and colleagues writing about him. The way he treated members of this site is reprehensible. I don't wish harm on him - but I'm certainly not going to go cry a river for someone who I have personally witnessed behave in the manner that he has. His behaviour here was well past unprofessional, well past impolite, to the point of downright obnoxious and reprehensible.

That's probably not going to be a popular opinion. I'm sorry about that - but lots of people have lymphoma and they wouldn't want/permit people to go out and grandstand for them like Arvya and Greenstein have on Cowley's behalf. Lots of people who really deserve our thoughts and support are fighting this. I am sure some members of this site are. (I know that for a fact)

I held this back last time we heard of Mr. Cowley's situation from some other journalist. My apologies for not doing the same this time - but I just can't stand this anymore.

(Mods - my apologies - if you feel this is inappropriate - go ahead and delete it)

34 Inch Stick
04-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Jabrch, you can be right and still be wrong.

jabrch
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Jabrch, you can be right and still be wrong.

Very well said. I don't disagree with you at all.