PDA

View Full Version : i got lucky

DC Sox Fan
04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
ok before I get banned let me start this thread off with the disclaimer that I am drunk. Just talked to a buddy of mine and he landed tix to the Nats' home opener. First home game ever in history, baby. The Sox' tie in to this is that we are going to tailgate before the game. I know this is a Sox' tradition that I hope to bring to the east side. So my ? to you, my Sox brethren is, what makes a great tailgating experience? Your input would be much apprecaited.

doublem23
04-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Getting in the state of mind you're already in is a good start.

It's not that hard; cold beer, hot coals, and red meat.

FarWestChicago
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM

It's not that hard; cold beer, hot coals, and red meat.Wise words from young Dub. :D:

batmanZoSo
04-04-2005, 11:55 PM
ok before I get banned let me start this thread off with the disclaimer that I am drunk. Just talked to a buddy of mine and he landed tix to the Nats' home opener. First home game ever in history, baby. The Sox' tie in to this is that we are going to tailgate before the game. I know this is a Sox' tradition that I hope to bring to the east side. So my ? to you, my Sox brethren is, what makes a great tailgating experience? Your input would be much apprecaited.

I only tailgated once and there was no food, just beer and whacky tobacky. As long as you have good weather and some good company, it's gravy.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Rule #1 is do it before a game the White Sox are playing in (or da Bears if you can't wait til Spring).

JKryl
04-06-2005, 10:41 AM

It's not that hard; cold beer, hot coals, and red meat.

That is about as concise and accurate as it gets. Add a good attitude, and it's perfect.

DC Sox Fan
04-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Sounds like sound universal tailgating advice. Much appreciated, fellas. I'm a veteran of the football tailgating circuit but was wondering if there's anything different/unique to baseball. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes :cool: