PDA

View Full Version : Cell voted 3rd best infield in the Junior Circuit

Bisco Stu
04-04-2005, 10:34 PM
according to a USA Today poll in Mon's baseball preview, they surveyed managers, players & scouts.

1. Oakland Coliseum
2. Angel Stadium
3. The Cell

I expect that to translate into a lot of dp's for our D this season.

Petco was #1 in the NL

JohnBasedowYoda
04-04-2005, 10:46 PM
I expect more out of the Sodfather

NSSoxFan
04-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I expect more out of the Sodfather

Yea, but notice that both parks ahead of USCF are in California.

Stroker Ace
04-05-2005, 11:58 AM
I was just going to make that point.

chaz171
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
I still don't have enough Ice for my Maitai, but At least the infield is good.....

Kuzman
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM

I'm sorry, whats that mean when they are in California? Does the ball die on the infield easier? Please fill me in.

soltrain21
04-05-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry, whats that mean when they are in California? Does the ball die on the infield easier? Please fill me in.

Easier to maintain? Doesn't have to worry about snow and crap like that.

Kuzman
04-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Easier to maintain? Doesn't have to worry about snow and crap like that.

ah, makes sense.. but then why wouldnt arizona be number 1 then with the desert and all?

na_na_na_na
04-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Considering that none of the other parks mentioned have to deal with Freezing cold conditions and snow, I'd say the sod father stands out. Anyone can keep a nice lawn when it's sunny and warm.

santo=dorf
04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry, whats that mean when they are in California?
People in California know how to grow good grass. :smokin:
Why do you think Zito plays for Oakland?

Realist
04-05-2005, 12:20 PM
ah, makes sense.. but then why wouldnt arizona be number 1 then with the desert and all?

Well, they probably would be if they had Roger taking care of things out there, and if any of the grounds keepers from Oakland, Anaheim or Arizona were the grounds keeper at Sox Park it would be ranked much lower.

hdog1017
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
By next year's poll, the Sodfather will have the Cell at #1. Unlike the Illini.

NonetheLoaiza
04-05-2005, 01:34 PM

Basically, I would have to say climate. Unbelievable hot and dry air. Plus, the roof is closed most of the time.

DSpivack
04-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Basically, I would have to say climate. Unbelievable hot and dry air. Plus, the roof is closed most of the time.

PetCo being outdoors in San Diego it seems the field would almost take care of itself. It's really amazing the job the guys at USCF do. Just think what your front lawn looks like right now.

FightingBillini
04-05-2005, 05:12 PM
PetCo being outdoors in San Diego it seems the field would almost take care of itself. It's really amazing the job the guys at USCF do. Just think what your front lawn looks like right now.

Are you insulting my yellow lawn? haha
My lawn at home is much better than the lawn infront of my house at school. There are just patches of grass, and dirt spots where people passed out and nothing grows anymore.

DSpivack
04-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Are you insulting my yellow lawn? haha
My lawn at home is much better than the lawn infront of my house at school. There are just patches of grass, and dirt spots where people passed out and nothing grows anymore.

hahahaha

I actually haven't been home since spring break, so I don't know what it looks like right now. As for school, however, Atlanta is warm [78 today, 83 yesterday] and Emory spends a ton of money on upkeeping the lawns and planting fresh flowers. What a wonderful use of university funds.

gobears1987
04-05-2005, 05:22 PM
People in California know how to grow good grass. :smokin:
Why do you think Zito plays for Oakland?
ROFLMAO. Post of the week!!!!

FightingBillini
04-05-2005, 05:23 PM
hahahaha

I actually haven't been home since spring break, so I don't know what it looks like right now. As for school, however, Atlanta is warm [78 today, 83 yesterday] and Emory spends a ton of money on upkeeping the lawns and planting fresh flowers. What a wonderful use of university funds.
My house is owned by the university, but they found a slumlord to run it for them. Needless to say, grass in the front yard is not my biggest concern. Dead bodies and roaches in the boilerroom are.:o:

I want Mags back
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM

duh. Desert makes it hard to maintain. has to be watered alot. Its also a retractable., if that matters