PDA

View Full Version : Dolgin

Whitesox029
04-04-2005, 08:14 PM
This doesn't have its own thread yet so I thought I'd give it one.
How were Bryan Dolgin's pre/post-game shows? I took metra and the L before and after the game so I didn't get to hear any of it. Is he anywhere near Willsy or is it no contest?

Brian26
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
This doesn't have its own thread yet so I thought I'd give it one.
How were Bryan Dolgin's pre/post-game shows? I took metra and the L before and after the game so I didn't get to hear any of it. Is he anywhere near Willsy or is it no contest?

The kid has some work to do. I think he sounds a little vanilla and very nervous so far, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

TornLabrum
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
The kid has some work to do. I think he sounds a little vanilla and very nervous so far, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Let's see...going from Jackhammers baseball on WJOL to a 50,000 W major league flagship and taking calls from irate Sox fans. I'll BET he's nervous!

jabrch
04-04-2005, 09:40 PM
He has work to do to get to Willsy's level - a lot of work. But then again, so did Dave when he first took the job. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the first half a season.

elrod
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
He sounded VERY nervous. How many times did he mention that the game was at US Cellular Field? Hopefully he'll get comfortable.

Sad
04-05-2005, 07:08 AM
give him time...

wdelaney72
04-05-2005, 08:30 AM
I miss Wills... and I wasn't always his biggest fan, either.

I'm sure he'll get more comfortable and a little more creative as the season continues.

Whitesox029
04-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Does he at least show signs of being a true Sox fan rather than just another impartial/hostile voice coming out of my AM radio?

batmanZoSo
04-05-2005, 04:53 PM
It's not the same that's for sure. Not that he did a bad job. It seemed like he was reading something he wrote the night before, and very quickly at that. Though I like the way he uses Wills's patented "and, uh..." in every other sentence. He isn't trying to emulate him with that is he? :cool:

He can be great or he can be not so great. As for is he good or bad, ask in a few months when he has established a rapport with the callers and listeners, and gets a feel for the show. I'd be nervous as hell, that's a tough job. You're by yourself and you have to talk about one thing for almost an hour. I think in about a month, we'll be able to tell what he's gonna be like.

Daver
04-05-2005, 05:48 PM
It is way to early to even bring this up.

Sox Radio Bryan
04-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I have visited here many times before, and I finally registered today. I enjoyed reading the posts above. There were many questions scattered about through this posting. I hope to answer all--if possible, and also feel free to ask questions to me from here on out.

I was not nervous. Anxious is more like it. I am psyched to be in this position. I am a life-long White Sox fan. Give me time all, and I will settle into a groove. I will tell it like it is and have fun with the pre/post shows. No worries.

Please stop by to say hello when we are on the fan deck or at the bullpen sports bar!

Daver
04-05-2005, 05:57 PM
I have visited here many times before, and I finally registered today. I enjoyed reading the posts above. There were many questions scattered about through this posting. I hope to answer all--if possible, and also feel free to ask questions to me from here on out.

I was not nervous. Anxious is more like it. I am psyched to be in this position. I am a life-long White Sox fan. Give me time all, and I will settle into a groove. I will tell it like it is and have fun with the pre/post shows. No worries.

Please stop by to say hello when we are on the fan deck or at the bullpen sports bar!

Welcome to WSI Bryan.

jabrch
04-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Welcome aboard Bryan! Keep up the good work - the Sox are playing 1.000 ball under your reign, that's a lot more than that stiff who had your job before you could say! Seriously - we are looking forward to hearing you grow into your role with this team as this team develops during the year.

Lip Man 1
04-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Bryan:

Glad you registered and am now a member. Like anything else it takes time...time to understand the audiance, time to figure out what you want to do and how you want to do it and of course how the Sox do this season will have a major impact on your job.

Have some fun with it and enjoy the ride. (To say I'm jealous would be an understatement! :smile: )

Welcome to the most knowledgeable Sox fans anywhere. Enjoy your stay and please feel free to provide us information when it's warrented.

Lip

Jjav829
04-05-2005, 06:43 PM

Hey, Welcome Aboard! :D:

I think it's safe to say everyone here supports you. You have some big shoes to fill since Willsy was well-liked here. We are all used to him, so it's just as tough for us to adjust as it is for you. But we're all open to change and willing to give you time.

Three things to make you golden around here.
1. Practice your "Neeeexxxxxtttt!!!" call.
2. Throw in the occasional shot at the Cubs.
3. Talk about the great fans at WSI.

Just kidding. Kinda.:D: I'm sure we'll come to like your style with time. :thumbsup:

TornLabrum
04-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Welcome to WSI, Bryan! I'll miss your emails from the Jackhammers, but it'll be good to hear you on the pre- and post-game shows.

I caught your post on the way home from Milwaukee Saturday and on the way home from work yesterday. You'll be fine. (And this is coming from one of Dave Wills' biggest fans.) I think I'm safe in saying everyone here is behind you.

Best of luck in your new job!

Brian26
04-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Bryan-

I was listening when you took your first caller on the Saturday post (the clown who asked you who the best third basemen on the team was). Don't put up with BS from people. You knew the answer (Joe Crede), and I agree with you 100%. Juan Uribe is NOT the best third basemen on this team. Be confident in your beliefs and stick up for yourself. You'll do great! Welcome aboard.

Rocklive99
04-05-2005, 07:51 PM
and also feel free to ask questions to me from here on out.

Favorite color?

mike squires
04-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Bryan~I apologize for the rude remark I made in another thread. If you didn't see it I won't tell you what or where it is.:D: ONe thing is important...Willsy didn't post until he was leaving. You have become a member and put it on the Boooooard the day after your first day at work. Good luck.

Whitesox029
04-06-2005, 01:09 AM

Good to have you aboard, Bryan. As you probably noticed I missed your debut due to taking the train, but I look forward to listening. You might also have noticed that certain people spend way too much time here...
Nope, never mind... no such thing...
Anyway, I'm relieved to hear you're a true Sox fan, because we like all our baseball coverage...
TOTALLY BIASED!!!
Hope to talk on the air some time soon!

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
04-06-2005, 02:16 AM
the first thing you need to do is form an opinion. whether people agree with it or disagree with it, GET ONE! i don't care what the topic is. fun times ahead. don't be afraid to call out anyone who phones in if they are COMPLETELY wrong. we'll be listening. i'll be honest and not a suck up. i was disappointed with the move. but what do i know, i'm just a dope.

irish rover
04-06-2005, 10:28 AM
not to start any conspiracies, but does Bryan look alittle like Steve Bartman?

ozzman
04-06-2005, 10:45 AM
welcome bryan, and good luck to you. remember to tell it like it is, say whats on your mind, and get a poke or two at the urinal every now and then.

CLR01
04-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Welcome aboard Bryan. Good luck this season. I am sure you will do a fantastic job.

One thing though, don't let Bruce Levine break in with anymore breaking Cubs news. It is a White Sox pre/post game show. We don't care that they signed Ramirez to an extension. It can wait until the SC update.

Brian26
04-06-2005, 11:39 AM
One thing though, don't let Bruce Levine break in with anymore breaking Cubs news. It is a White Sox pre/post game show. We don't care that they signed Ramirez to an extension. It can wait until the SC update.

Yep, I mentioned that before...that was one of the biggest travesties I've ever heard on the radio. 30 minutes before the Opening Day game for the White Sox, LeVineLine interrupts with "urgent, breaking news" to tell us that Ramirez resigned with the Cubs? *****. Do you think WGN would interrupt the Cubs pregame 30 minutes before opening day at the shrine to talk about a Sox contract signing? That was classless and unprofessional. Who's to blame? LeVine or one of the producers? :angry:

SSN721
04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Good luck Bryan, we all loved WIllsy but I think the vast majority of us are willing to give you a chance. Today will be my first chance to hear your pre and post as I missed it being at the game on monday. You should be fine and just happy to hear a true Sox fan has taken the position. I beleive in that position you should be a fan of the team and as biased as you like. :D:

hawkjt
04-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Bryan:I echo the others sentiments. To be honest I dont think too many people ever take issue with the pre and post guys. It is the play by play guys and the team and mgr and mgt who really feel the heat. AS long as you have the proper enthusiasm for White sox baseball and are honest about the product -no problems. We can handle the truth. We need you on that wall. Go Sox.

kevingrt
04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Everyone I hope would be nervous starting off doing White Sox baseball. The kid will be fine though and wish him the best of luck. But Willis was awesome and I'll never forget him in the role of White Sox pre and post host.

Still think Carmen should have gotten the job but then again he is in line for pBp soon. Oh yeah but I forget that scary relationship he has developed with Mr Evil Reinsdorf.

hose
04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
:welcome:

Bryan even though you got the White Sox gig , you'll know you made it when you get your picture posted at WSI:D:.

Congrats .

WSox8404
04-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Welcome aboard buddy. Just keep at it and you will get in a groove. I will call into a post game show soon although with my work schedule it will be hard. I used to talk to Wilsy quite often. Just remember South Side Evan.