PDA

View Full Version : Farmer vs. Phillips highlight of the day

NardiWasHere
04-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Did anyone hear Farmer on the radio rip Phillips at the begining of the game? I was cracking up, it seemed like it came out of nowhere

PAPChiSox729
04-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Did anyone hear Farmer on the radio rip Phillips at the begining of the game? I was cracking up, it seemed like it came out of nowhere

What did Steve Phillips ever do? I didn't catch the beginning. What did he say?

Brian26
04-04-2005, 06:32 PM

ABSOLUTEY hilarious stuff. I had my headphones on for the pre-game. I guess Steve Phillips on ESPN's pre-season show picked the Sox to finished "third or fourth". Farmio was pissed because I guess Phillips didn't go and watch one Sox preseason game this year. Farmer kept telling him that maybe he's right (maybe the Sox will finish 4th), but at least come watch a game.

The BEST line, though, was when Farmer told Phillips, and I quote, "Bring your goatee down to Tuscon and see a game!"

samram
04-04-2005, 06:46 PM
ABSOLUTEY hilarious stuff. I had my headphones on for the pre-game. I guess Steve Phillips on ESPN's pre-season show picked the Sox to finished "third or fourth". Farmio was pissed because I guess Phillips didn't go and watch one Sox preseason game this year. Farmer kept telling him that maybe he's right (maybe the Sox will finish 4th), but at least come watch a game.

The BEST line, though, was when Farmer told Phillips, and I quote, "Bring your goatee down to Tuscon and see a game!"

Was he actually talking to Phillips or was he just reacting to the brilliant accumen Phillips has given us this offseason?

Brian26
04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Was he actually talking to Phillips or was he just reacting to the brilliant accumen Phillips has given us this offseason?

Well, he was reacting....but in a way where he hoped someone would "pass on the word" to Phillips, IMHO.

buehrle4cy05
04-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Rooney and Farmer were on today...Jhonny Peralta misses a churveball, and that remark about Phillips had me laughing:D:

SoxSpeed22
04-04-2005, 07:52 PM

The BEST line, though, was when Farmer told Phillips, and I quote, "Bring your goatee down to Tuscon and see a game!"Someone finally shut him up. I want to hear more of this.

Brian26
04-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Rooney and Farmer were on today...Jhonny Peralta misses a churveball, and that remark about Phillips had me laughing:D:

Speaking of which, Farmio was trying to figure out how Jhonny's name should really be pronounced with the weird spelling...

:farmer

"Shouldn't it be prononced ju-hany?"

:rooney

(Loud laughter off-mic)

shoota
04-05-2005, 12:00 AM

:D: That's witty. That's the dry sense of humor everyone says Farmer has.

WSI had a thread devoted to Phillips's White Sox analysis, and Farmer publicly calls him out on it. Yeah, being a native South Sider, Ed Farmer knows how we Sox fans feel. That's why I was so crushed to see Dave Wills go; he spoke to Sox fans as a Sox fan himself.

HITMEN OF 77
04-05-2005, 12:26 AM

Beginging? He ripped him 3 or 4 times through out the whole game. It was great!!