PDA

View Full Version : Where's LeVineLine Today?

DrCrawdad
04-04-2005, 05:24 PM
So where is the intrepid Chicago baseball insider today? Is LeVineLine at The Cell for the Sox opener or is he in Arizona with the Cubbies?

winning ugly 72
04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
i think he is with the cubs

hose
04-04-2005, 05:40 PM
He is at the BOB.

DrCrawdad
04-04-2005, 05:51 PM
http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg
"This is Bruce LeVineLine reporting on the Cubbies here at the BOB. Someone needs to remind me that I work at the ESPN AM1000, home of the Chicago White Sox."

No doubt on Friday LeVineLine will be in Minnesota with the Sox when the Cubbies have their home opener.

MRKARNO
04-04-2005, 07:21 PM
He probably doesn't choose where he goes for Opening Day, so if you have a problem, it's probably with the ESPN1000 management.

Kogs35
04-04-2005, 07:51 PM
He probably doesn't choose where he goes for Opening Day, so if you have a problem, it's probably with the ESPN1000 management.

he was given the option of going to vegas and back to arizona or goto miller park and chicago with the whitesox. if u had the option what would u choose? free trip to vegas or free trip to beer land?

Brian26
04-04-2005, 09:06 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but it annoyed the hell out of me. As I was filling out my scorecard and settling into my seat, I was listening to Dolgan's pregame on my headphones. 30 minutes before the opening pitch, LeVineline breaks into the Sox pregame with some urgent "BREAKING NEWS" report.

I'm thinking, "oh crap...Is Buehrle hurt? Is Frank out until August? Did someone get in a car accident on the way to the Cell?"

No.

LeVineline had to break into the pre-game show for the White Sox Opening Day to announce the Cubs signing of Ramirez.

The flagship station lets this **** happen? Unbelievable. :angry:

Viva Medias B's
04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
The flagship station lets this **** happen? Unbelievable. :angry:

There is a chance that this station's days as the flagship are numbered.

Palehose13
04-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Anyone hear his "picks" on C & S today for "Best in the city (aka cub or Sox)"?

I believe he picked all cubs except he did pick Buehrle with he lowest ERA. Pffft...

ChiSoxRowand
04-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Anyone hear his "picks" on C & S today for "Best in the city (aka cub or Sox)"?

I believe he picked all cubs except he did pick Buehrle with he lowest ERA. Pffft...

He actually picked Garland to get the most wins too.

Palehose13
04-04-2005, 10:18 PM

:?:

I didn't hear who he picked for that. Did he explain why Garland?

StillMissOzzie
04-04-2005, 10:20 PM

I caught part of this discussion on MJ&H on the way home from the opener, too. Bruce, Garland won't even get the most wins on the Sox staff, let alone including the best sCrUBS in the mix as well.

Levine = goof

SMO
:gulp:

DrCrawdad
04-05-2005, 12:13 AM

That's a possibility and IF LeVineLine were to be questioned I'm sure he'd just say that he was following orders.

Transcription of an ESPN AM 1000 meeting with Bruce LeVineLine:

ESPN MANAGEMENT: So, Bruce we can have you cover the Sox opener here at US Cellular or have you cover the Cubs opener in Arizona.

LEVINELINE: Oh, I absolutely have to cover the team I love, the Cubs, but whatever you think.

ESPN MANAGEMENT: Ok then we'll send you to Arizona with the Cubs.

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg

See you lousy scumbag Sox fans, I was only following orders.

Clembasbal
04-05-2005, 09:15 PM
He is probably sniffing Zambrano's jock.

C-Dawg
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
LeVineline had to break into the pre-game show for the White Sox Opening Day to announce the Cubs signing of Ramirez.

I'm glad you mentioned this since I was looking for a place to complain about it. It was particularly annoying since the story had already been reported on the Score at least an hour earlier.

DrCrawdad
04-15-2005, 08:25 PM
April 15, Sox at home against the Mariners. The Cubbies are in Pitts. Where is LeVineLine, here with the Sox or in Pitts covering the Cubbies?

Viva Medias B's
04-16-2005, 12:27 AM
April 15, Sox at home against the Mariners. The Cubbies are in Pitts. Where is LeVineLine, here with the Sox or in Pitts covering the Cubbies?

LevineLine was at USCF. I saw him in the press box with Geroge Ofman and Julie Swieca.

BearSox
04-16-2005, 01:01 AM
Who's Swieca working for nowadays?

DrCrawdad
05-03-2005, 07:36 PM
So today, May 3, the Sox begin a home series against the Royals. The Cubbies begin a series in Milwaukee. Where's LeVineLine? He's in Milwaukee with the Cubbies.

I haven't noted all of LeVineLine's travels but I do remember that he's covered at least two Cubbie road trips. Has LeVineLine gone on any Sox road trips?

Kogs35
05-03-2005, 07:45 PM
So today, May 3, the Sox begin a home series against the Royals. The Cubbies begin a series in Milwaukee. Where's LeVineLine? He's in Milwaukee with the Cubbies.

I haven't noted all of LeVineLine's travels but I do remember that he's covered at least two Cubbie road trips. Has LeVineLine gone on any Sox road trips?

he will when his beloved cubbies r eliminated from playoff contention. he was traveled to kc,cle,min, and det in 2000 with the sox

spawn
05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
The next road series he goes on for the Sox will be when they travel to Wrigley to play the Cubs...

DrCrawdad
09-17-2005, 12:40 PM
So, where's LeVineLine? Is LeVineLine covering the Sox in Minnesota, or at The Shrine covering the meaningless Cardinals vs. Cubs?