PDA

View Full Version : 1 Chi Team in Playoffs,the other 4th......

Grobber33
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Yup, after plenty of thoughts(sic)and a visit to Arizona,I have my picks in the AL & NL Central,plus other Post Season teams. Look and perhaps be a bit suprised.
www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com)

DrCrawdad
04-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Yup, after plenty of thoughts(sic)and a visit to Arizona,I have my picks in the AL & NL Central,plus other Post Season teams. Look and perhaps be a bit suprised.

Has anyone else in the media picked the Sox to win the AL Central AND the Cubbies to finish in 4th in the NL Central?

You are certainly going against the norm in your predictions.

Any chance it's pick the Sox high, pick the Cubs low and then that way you can't lose?

chaz171
04-04-2005, 01:38 PM
I ain't Runnin to Vegas yet, But, Hey, I love this prediction!!!!

Clement's beard
04-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Les,

Those picks are laughable. Fourth place for the Cubs?:roflmao: :kneeslap:

wdelaney72
04-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Good analysis, Les. I hope yor are right on the Sox. I have my doubts, the Twinkies are the team to beat, but it was nice to FINALLY here someone call the Indians what they are... NOTHING. Their bullpen is worse than the Cubs.

Grobber33
04-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Has anyone else in the media picked the Sox to win the AL Central AND the Cubbies to finish in 4th in the NL Central?

Any chance it's pick the Sox high, pick the Cubs low and then that way you can't lose?

I cant lose either way Doc. I dont get a Playoff share now do I?(lol)
No...THIS IS WHAT I REALLY THINK. I feel the Cubs will be alot like 2002 when there was hope coming off a decent 2001,yet they fell apart. The Twins will miss Koskie and Guzman but Mauer will be good if he stays in 1 piece. The Sox, WITH FRANK the X-Factor,could over take them however.
Again, I qualified my picking the Reds 3rd...Griffey has to be heathy all season! The have a darned solid lineup and at least a legit closer(Graves).

soltrain21
04-04-2005, 01:48 PM
You picked the Cubs to finished 3rd last year, didn't you Les? You were right on with that prediction.

Unregistered
04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Les,

Those picks are laughable. Fourth place for the Cubs?:roflmao: :kneeslap: :crossdresser :bluerock

Clement's beard
04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
The have a darned solid lineup and at least a legit closer(Graves).

Danny Graves is a legit closer?:?: :roflmao: Have you even seen the Reds rotation? Send me whatever it is you are taking shots of.

Grobber33
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Danny Graves is a legit closer?:?: :roflmao: Have you even seen the Reds rotation? Send me whatever it is you are taking shots of.

He had 41 saves last year. Everthing is relative. No,he's not Lidge, but dont you think he is a better option than Hawkins or Dumpster?(spelled as intended).
I said the Reds rotation is a ??? but Milton and Wilson are not too bad. The rest, they'll have plenty of 14-13 games similar to the Sox-Phillies games of last year.

Grobber33
04-04-2005, 01:58 PM
You picked the Cubs to finished 3rd last year, didn't you Les? You were right on with that prediction.

3rd place was INDEED where I predicted them in 2004. That was more of a hunch. This year,I'm more convinced they can not beat out the Stros or Cards,and may have to battle to get by the Reds.

gosox41
04-05-2005, 09:50 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. He's hedging himself for if/when the Cubs fail. But if the Cubs win he's going to be happier then a pig in you know what even if it means him getting ripped here because his beloved won.

What a load.

On a seperate note, isn't this a form of soliciting. 'Come check out my website' with a little teaser sounds like it to me. Why not make start a thread with Cubs/Sox predictions or better yet use the preseason predicitons to make the Sox predicitons?

By the way, I'm looking to sell a bridge located on the East Coast at a great price. Check out my site www.bridgesforsuckers.com (http://www.bridgesforsuckers.com) and see for yourself the details.

Bob

TDog
04-05-2005, 11:14 AM

Maybe this response isn't suited for the Clubhouse, but I hope you're wrong. I hope you're right about the White Sox, but the way I feel about the Cubs, I would be upset to see them lose 100 games. That would have them WINNING 62 times.

Erik The Red
04-05-2005, 02:39 PM
It's a good thing Grobstein does/did radio and not print, his grammar on that site is atrocious.

DumpJerry
04-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey Les, they've been asking about you over at Cubsallaccess (check out the thread about an interview with Tom Shaer), the Cubs' version of WSI. They seem to feel your presence there will legitimatize the fledgling site. I'm sure your prediction for '05 could get you banned by them.

he_gone_89
04-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Finally,I here somebody picking the mets in the playoffs

although I have the reds winning the wild card and the
mets winning the NL East

I dunno about 4th for the flubs,but its possible