PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morgan an IDIOT!

Foulke29
04-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Anyone catch his commentary last night during the game in the sixth or seventh inning when Sierra was on second base?

He says that Ruben should have had a couple of MVP awards and that he was short changed. So when challenged - saying that Yount had a pretty good year "that year." Morgan gets very pissy and says that words were being put in his mouth and that he never said which years Sierra should have won MVP.

Well, if he shouldn't have won in '89, could you tell me another year he could have possibly been considered in the top five - much less won it? Oh, and before you say '91, please be able to back it up!

:cool:

Baby Fisk
04-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Joe Morgan is the indisputable King of Pomposity. He's entertaining because he can't get over himself, then backtracks and complains over the most innocuous responses.

:morgan
"Stop putting words in my mouth. Because my mouth is mine, not anyone else's. I have nothing against Robin Yount, even tho he was unable to win back-to-back MVP awards like I did. I'm not saying anything against him, just pointing out the fact that I won my MVP awards back-to-back. That's a select crowd, of course. You suck, Miller."

Foulke29
04-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Anyone catch his commentary last night during the game in the sixth or seventh inning when Sierra was on second base?

He says that Ruben should have had a couple of MVP awards and that he was short changed. So when challenged - saying that Yount had a pretty good year "that year." Morgan gets very pissy and says that words were being put in his mouth and that he never said which years Sierra should have won MVP.

Well, if he shouldn't have won in '89, could you tell me another year he could have possibly been considered in the top five - much less won it? Oh, and before you say '91, please be able to back it up!

:cool:

LOL - that sums up Morgan. Do you think he'd be offended knowing that a majority of knowledgable baseball fans think he's a marginal HoFer at best?!

The Critic
04-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Joe Morgan is funny to listen to, but I almost NEVER find myself thinking anything he said was interesting or enlightening.
So basically, as an announcer....he was a pretty good ballplayer.

TDog
04-04-2005, 10:59 AM
LOL - that sums up Morgan. Do you think he'd be offended knowing that a majority of knowledgable baseball fans think he's a marginal HoFer at best?!

The fact that he got in the HOF before Nellie Fox, who played second base for the Astros before Joe Morgan came up, always leaves me shaking my head.

chaz171
04-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Joe Morgan Hates Ryne Sandberg.

How bad can he be?

TomParrish79
04-05-2005, 02:26 AM
I cant believe your just now figuring out Joe Morgan is an idiot.

Foulke29
04-05-2005, 11:32 AM
I cant believe your just now figuring out Joe Morgan is an idiot.

I can't believe you're trying to pick a fight with me by twisting my words to imply that I am 'just now figuring it out.'

If I were to post Kerry Wood is a choker, it would not mean I just now realized it. I would mean that he did something to further my belief in his chokerness...

Just like, I've always thought that J.M. was an idiot, but I posted the comment he made on Sierra because I thought it was exceptionally stupid - even by Joe's standards.

PatK
04-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm waiting for him to tell me for the 10,000th time how long and heavy Lance Johnson's bat is.