PDA

View Full Version : We're done with....

DumpJerry
04-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Well, here it is, APRIL 4TH!:D:
We're done with:
Prognostications.
Saying "Bring it on!"
Analyzing over and over and over and over all our changes in the off-season.
Analyzing what the other teams will do.
Getting nostalgic about life at Comiskey.
Defending last season to Flub fans.
.............and most of all:
We're done waiting! Today is the Day:supernana: :supernana:
I hope everyone who is a White Sox fan has a healthy, happy and successful season!

Let's go!

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
04-04-2005, 01:17 AM
are all the seats green yet?

Medford Bobby
04-04-2005, 01:24 AM
:?: Hey, wait my calender still says April 3rd...too early to get excited....:?:

2005 White Sox baseball: "It will make 1959 seem better than 1958"

skobabe8
04-04-2005, 01:25 AM
:?: Hey, wait my calender still says April 3rd...too early to get excited....:?:

2005 White Sox baseball: "It will make 1959 seem better than 1958"

Mine too! :angry: Oh well, at least I wont have to wait until 2:05 on monday to see the first pitch. Its 12:05 for me! :bandance:

FightingBillini
04-04-2005, 01:28 AM
No matter who the season turns out, this will be a fun year. The team is stacked, and it has a chip on its shoulder, much like it's fans. This year I am gonna see a type of baseball I have never witnessed. We are gonna steal a lot of bases, lay down sacrifice bunts, slide into second hard, and railroad lots of catchers. This team has what it takes to win it all. That being said, so do several other team. Thats why they play 162.
Here's hoping we not only get to the playoffs, but win 11 games. When we get there.

This year will be great. Between opening day and the Illini in the title game, I wont get much sleep. Just incase, my alarm clock is going to wake me up to "Centerfield" by John Fogerty.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-04-2005, 01:33 AM
It's about time. April 4th is the first day of school after spring break, but who cares about school on opening day?! :D:

HomeFish
04-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Now comes the real question: Red Line to Sox-35, or Green Line to 35th/Bronzeville/IIT?

I have not yet made a decision; I have less than 12 hours to do so.

HebrewHammer
04-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Bring it on!

skobabe8
04-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Now comes the real question: Red Line to Sox-35, or Green Line to 35th/Bronzeville/IIT?

Thats a problem i wish i had my friend.

mealfred13
04-04-2005, 02:40 AM
For a second it thought you meant "We're done for...."

Phew.:gulp:

DumpJerry
04-04-2005, 09:29 AM

I grew up in Hyde Park. I took the Red Line from the Garfield bus.

Viva Medias B's
04-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Today is a Holy Day of Obligation for all White Sox fans.

Jjav829
04-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Bring it on!

:D: :D: That made me laugh.

Back to the main theme of this thread...

Woohoo!!!! :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :supernana:

No more counting down until Opening Day. It's finally here. The beginning of 162 games of ups and downs (hopefully more ups than downs) as well as the beginning of another fun-filled, interesting baseball season. :gulp:

BigEdWalsh
04-04-2005, 09:38 AM
I can hardly wait for the first The Sky Is Falling Thread.

PLAY BALL!

:supernana: GO SOX! :supernana:

JRIG
04-04-2005, 09:39 AM
I'll be happy not to deal with the outcry over predictions that have no actual bearing on season results. Now we see how things play out on the field.

It's an exciting day. Everyone has a chance to win as of today (well, maybe not Tampa Bay).

I can't wait to get home and see a game that counts.

Play ball!

Gosox1917
04-04-2005, 09:39 AM
I woke up this morning and thought "YEEEEESSS, it's opening day!" That'll make waking up on a Monday much more pleasant. I plan on skipping class today so I don't miss the first pitch. It's also my half birthday today...19 1/2. Could today be any better?

The answer is no, and look at the weather outside. B. E. A. utiful.

:supernana: :happybday...kinda :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Baby Fisk
04-04-2005, 09:45 AM
I can hardly wait for the first The Sky Is Falling Thread.

That made me laugh out loud. Which player's poor performance will everyone be freaking out over tonight?

Jjav829
04-04-2005, 09:55 AM
That made me laugh out loud. Which player's poor performance will everyone be freaking out over tonight?

I don't know, but if Jeremy Reed gets a hit in his first AB today, I'm starting a thread about how we get robbed in that trade. And if Miguel Olivo does the same, well, I might just go build myself a Billy Beane shrine to cry at.

No, seriously, if Konerko goes 0-4 today, I'm starting a thread about how we shouldn't sign him to a new contract.

Baby Fisk
04-04-2005, 09:58 AM
I can't believe it took Buehrle 1:45 minutes to finish that game! Pierzynski was not working well with him and you could tell he was deliberately slowing Buehrle down! The stories were true and A.J. IS A CANCER! :angry:

skottyj242
04-04-2005, 10:00 AM

I'm taking the Red Line.

rdwj
04-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Today is a Holy Day of Obligation for all White Sox fans.

I just experienced an opening day miracle!! I was supposed to attend a required meeting for work at 2.

I just got an email canceling the meeting and leaving my afternoon WIDE open!

Woooo-hooo!!!

Sad
04-04-2005, 10:16 AM
it's the greatest day of the year... I'm taking 1/2 day off & going home to "test drive" my Extra Innings package and see if the beers I put in frig this morning are cold yet :cool:

Shingotime!!
04-04-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm stuck in school right now. I envy all you guys who will be able to see the first pitch, live or on TV.:(:

cubhater
04-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Can't beat the stroll eastward down 35th and moving faster than the traffic!:D:

TDog
04-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Mine too! :angry: Oh well, at least I wont have to wait until 2:05 on monday to see the first pitch. Its 12:05 for me! :bandance:

Because Arizona doesn't go on Daylight Savings Time. The MB people said when Arizona was granted a franchise that they needed another Mountain Time city. No one ever accused the MB people of being smart.

Of course, our GMT fans in the UK have to wait until tonight.

On Alaska Time, sun won't set until 8 p.m. in the capital today, and even night games are usually over by the time I get home from work.

UofCSoxFan
04-04-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't know if this has been posted....but just saw on sportscenter that this is the Sox first season opener at home since 1990. THAT IS 15 YEARS :angry: Yeah I know it is cold here and being on the road an extra week or two usually makes a big difference, but give me a break.

A bunch of my fraternity brothers are going to the game today and I'm really jealous...unfortunately I won't be able to go cuz of a 3:30 practice....can hear the fireworks from our field though so I'll have a descent idea how things are going. :smile: