PDA

View Full Version : What jersey will they wear on Opening Day?

scottyl
04-03-2005, 11:27 PM
What jersey do you think the Sox will be wearing on Opening Day?

BRDSR
04-03-2005, 11:31 PM
I have no idea but I voted vest because I think its cool.

JUribe1989
04-03-2005, 11:31 PM
I really really really hope they are wearing the Vest jerseys with black sleeves those are the best jerseys in baseball.

JUribe1989
04-03-2005, 11:33 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2004/07/08/iwH3kxFm.jpg
Great jerseys!

scottyl
04-04-2005, 01:42 AM
I too love the vest (I bought it last year), but I'm suspecting the traditional all white.

FightingBillini
04-04-2005, 01:49 AM
I hope they dont wear the vests. I used to love the "vests", but not anymore. They overdid them in 2003, when they seemingly wore with the vests or black at every home game from may to september. Seriously, I dont remembering them wearing the normal home jerseys until the 4 game set with the Twins in Sept.

As for the vests, they aren't actually vests. For the 2002 season, they switched over from actual vests with black undershirts to a normal jersey with attached black sleeves. I don't like the look. It looks cheap and phony. If they are going to bring the vests back, I am all for it, but I dont like the current jerseys with black sleeves. I picked up one of the actual vest jerseys with the undershirt on ebay last year, and I love it. Bring them back!

scottyl
04-04-2005, 01:54 AM
If other posts around here are any indication, I'll be in the minority on this, but I actually like the sewn on black sleeve vest version. Wear it with a black t-shirt underneath and it looks great. Maybe we just need to implement a rule that you've gotta have the black shirt underneath to complete the effect.

Anyone know why they switched away from the two-piece vest?

If memory serves, there are a few other MLB teams that have the sewn on sleeves -- others that keep doing the two-piece.

I would imagine a separate vest piece might slide around more than one would like.

FightingBillini
04-04-2005, 02:02 AM
If other posts around here are any indication, I'll be in the minority on this, but I actually like the sewn on black sleeve vest version. Wear it with a black t-shirt underneath and it looks great. Maybe we just need to implement a rule that you've gotta have the black shirt underneath to complete the effect.

Anyone know why they switched away from the two-piece vest?

If memory serves, there are a few other MLB teams that have the sewn on sleeves -- others that keep doing the two-piece.

I would imagine a separate vest piece might slide around more than one would like.

I talked to the guy at Grandstand, and he said that the players complained the undershirt was too itchy or something like that. It sounded like a BS story, but the guys at Grandstand would know. To my knowledge, the Angels were the only other team to use different colored sleeves. The jerseys they wore from circa 97 to 01 had navy sleeves. There are several teams today which wear vests with undershirts still: the reds, pirates, rockies, diamondbacks, devil rays, royals, indians, angels and rangers. I dont know why the Sox players would have problems with the undershirts if those other teams never did.

mike squires
04-04-2005, 04:33 AM
White Shirt with the black shorts...Oh wait, that was '77

SpammySosa
04-04-2005, 05:22 AM
:tealpolice:
"Son,can we have a word with you?"

SOXSINCE'70
04-04-2005, 08:25 AM

AHHHHHHH!!!!! MY EYES!!!MY EYES!!!!!!:cower: :cower: