PDA

View Full Version : Is the Stadium Ready after the Renovations?

havelj
04-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Has anyone driven by the past few days and if so, is it ready? Are there still workers working? Has the 35th Street ramp been completed?

Magglios_Girl
04-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Has anyone driven by the past few days and if so, is it ready? Are there still workers working? Has the 35th Street ramp been completed?

I just passed by Comiskey today and the ramp isn't completed. I didn't see any workers there but I did see the FUNDAMENTALS sign...it looks nice from the express way.
Can't wait to go back tomorrow!

FightingBillini
04-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Umm, what where they doing to the 35th street ramp?

BridgePortNative
04-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Umm, what where they doing to the 35th street ramp?

On the Expressway, the south-bound exit ramp to 35th street was completly torn and ripped apart and is supposed to be rebuild, stuff like this is goin' on all across the Dan Ryan. The FUNdementals deck is all done, just came back from there, I seen a lot of people doing all the little things ie: testing the "Race Scott Podsednik" Machine, it's pretty interesing, it looks like a cardboard or plywood cut-out picture of him, in motion of running, moving from 1 side to another replication the 90 feet from 1st to 2nd. His speed is exactly 3.3 sec :cool:

FightingBillini
04-03-2005, 06:45 PM
On the Expressway, the south-bound exit ramp to 35th street was completly torn and ripped apart and is supposed to be rebuild, stuff like this is goin' on all across the Dan Ryan. The FUNdementals deck is all done, just came back from there, I seen a lot of people doing all the little things ie: testing the "Race Scott Podsednik" Machine, it's pretty interesing, it looks like a cardboard or plywood cut-out picture of him, in motion of running, moving from 1 side to another replication the 90 feet from 1st to 2nd. His speed is exactly 3.3 sec :cool:

OHHH, I thought you guys were talking about the ramp into the park across 35th street.

DumpJerry
04-03-2005, 09:50 PM
The off-ramp is not done? Oh boy....bad traffic from downtown on the Ryan!

jake27
04-03-2005, 10:27 PM
they kind of showed the field jus tnow on the final word, looks all done form whta i saw. didnt get a great look tho, but no construction going on and it looks fine.

Stroker Ace
04-03-2005, 10:51 PM
An uncompleted Comiskey is still better that the shrine

GiveMeSox
04-03-2005, 11:26 PM
they kind of showed the field jus tnow on the final word, looks all done form whta i saw. didnt get a great look tho, but no construction going on and it looks fine.

During SportsNite on CSN tonite during the footage from the sox workout the Brass was sitting in the scout seats. It looked finished and pretty good. The green seats were large and fully padded, looked like movie theater seats.

Medford Bobby
04-04-2005, 12:26 AM
:smile: Ditto to FOX 32 tonight showing inside the park too....looks ready for a White Sox Championship season!!!:cool:

chisox2005
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
From Chicagosports.com

The Cell looked ready for Monday, even with off-season structural changes.

The two-tiered Fundamentals area for kids in left field is finished and blends in spectacularly.

The cushioned "scout" seats behind home plate are in place, although they look strange because they are the only green seats in the area. Patrons who pay $170 per game to sit there and eat free will find their promised nearby restaurant won't be finished until sometime near midseason. But a huge food tent has been constructed outside the stadium on the first-base side. And, yes, scout seats are still available, some with partial season plans.

As for the replacement of blue seats with green, it will be a season-long patchwork job. Left-field bleachers and club seats are finished and other areas will be replaced as the season progresses.

The Critic
04-04-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm sure almost everyone who's going has already left for the park, but FWIW the off-ramp on 35th was open last night.
I drove past the park just to feed my jealousy that I can't go today.
:D:

I didn't realize that this is the first time the Sox have opened the season at home since 1990! FIFTEEN seasons opening on the road??? That's not right.

CHISOXFAN13
04-04-2005, 10:27 AM
The off-ramp is not done? Oh boy....bad traffic from downtown on the Ryan!

The off ramps heading south on 94 at 31st, 35th and Pershing are all done.

The only ramp that you can't exit onto is 31st Street heading into the city, but I'm sure many people don't go that far anyway.

The main ramp on 35th was completed Saturday night. SO nice for someone who lives in Bridgeport to finally be able to exit there again!

itsnotrequired
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
New photos are up at whitesox.com.:smile:

Hitmen77
04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
New photos are up at whitesox.com.:smile:

where? I only see the March 8 pics.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2005, 03:03 PM
where? I only see the March 8 pics.

Sorry, its actually on the MLB site. Link in an e-mail from whitesox.com.

http://www.mlb.com/cws/photogallery/pr/year_2005/month_03/day_31/cf982446.html

mweflen
04-04-2005, 03:05 PM
An uncompleted Comiskey is still better that the shrine

"Urinal." not Shrine.

Jurr
04-04-2005, 03:09 PM
From the TV footage, the park looks beautiful. The scout seats are up and going, and they're showing the Fundamentals section. Looks nice and fills in the left field area. Not seeing too much action out there, because Buehrle's making them drive everything into the dirt.

chaz171
04-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I can't wait to get out there this year...

Hitmen77
04-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Sorry, its actually on the MLB site. Link in an e-mail from whitesox.com.

http://www.mlb.com/cws/photogallery/pr/year_2005/month_03/day_31/cf982446.html

Thanks! I'm at work now and can't see the game. Can't wait to see the highlights tonight.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks! I'm at work now and can't see the game. Can't wait to see the highlights tonight.

No problem! I'm at work too and can't wait for highlights either. Looks like there will be some beauties.