PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Opening Day Tickets

kevingrt
04-03-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't have tickets for Opening Day but now my dad has taken a strong interest in going down there tommorrow afternoon since it is suppose to be a beautiful day for baseball. What are the chances that they will be selling tickets at the box office because on the ticket site through ChiSox.com says there are no tickets available. And also, what are the chances I can get tickets off a scalper for something around face value for either the upper deck or lower deck. I'm just looking to see a good game with father and son day at the park.

soxfanforlife28
04-03-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't have tickets for Opening Day but now my dad has taken a strong interest in going down there tommorrow afternoon since it is suppose to be a beautiful day for baseball. What are the chances that they will be selling tickets at the box office because on the ticket site through ChiSox.com says there are no tickets available. And also, what are the chances I can get tickets off a scalper for something around face value for either the upper deck or lower deck. I'm just looking to see a good game with father and son day at the park.Most likely u will find some tickets from scalps. Just dont know the point of value they will sell them. Cuz a few times I had to buy some off scalps cuz the last min ordeals for me attending games last yr cuz of the location I live at. And I got them pretty much at face value even tho they were bleacher seats. So if u want to chance it by just going there I suggest u get there early enough. Cuz most likely u will end up sitting in the nose bleed section or might not beable to get a ticket. Hope what I said might have been helpful cuz I dont know any other way u can go around it with on how u are wanting tickets.

ewokpelts
04-03-2005, 12:26 PM
I may have a few upper deck tickets left.

PM me if you want them(BEFORE 10 AM tomorrow)
Gene

BRDSR
04-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Some tickets are always released at the Box Office but it is usually a small amount and getting them is kind of a hit or miss thing. Get there early (no later than noon) and ask at the box office. If it looks like you're out of luck, start working the scalpers. You wont' have to pay more than 1.5 face to get in I'm sure. It's not in THAT much of demand. Of course, this is all assuming Ewok can't help you out.

SpammySosa
04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=BRDSR]Some tickets are always released at the Box Office but it is usually a small amount and getting them is kind of a hit or miss thing. Get there early (no later than noon) and ask at the box office. If it looks like you're out of luck, start working the scalpers. You wont' have to pay more than 1.5 face to get in I'm sure. It's not in THAT much of demand. [QUOTE]

I have thought about these options,but I would hate to spend the gas and toll money to drive an hour to the park,then pay for parking,only to be unsuccessful at getting tix.

WhiteSox16K
04-03-2005, 01:07 PM
In the press release with the information about the first pitches, the bottom line says opening day is sold out.

kevingrt
04-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks a lot guys if you have any more suggestions just keep on replying

nug0hs
04-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Game has been sold out for a while and I doubt they will release more before (its Opening Day, not just some random low demand game). I would suggest looking at some online ticket agencies or your local broker if you want a guaranteed seat otherwise you should be able to get some on the street without getting too badly ripped off

ewokpelts
04-03-2005, 04:25 PM
They ALWAYS release last minute seats.

I picked up 2000 ALDS game 2 tickets 10 minutes before game 1 started. I got 9th row behind home plate cubs sox at wrigley 1/2 hour before first pitch. All from the box office.
Gene

BRDSR
04-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I have thought about these options,but I would hate to spend the gas and toll money to drive an hour to the park,then pay for parking,only to be unsuccessful at getting tix.

I will personally guarantee you that if you're willing to pay twice face, you'll get into the game. I would bet $100 even money that you could get in for 1.5 face. I would even bet you that with a little luck and skill you could get in for face value. If you really want to go, head to the park. You won't be disappointed.

jabrch
04-03-2005, 06:06 PM
They almost always release tickets last minute. So many VIPs don't get used. Go to the park. You will get in.

SpammySosa
04-03-2005, 08:59 PM
They almost always release tickets last minute. So many VIPs don't get used. Go to the park. You will get in.

If some get released tomorrow,would I be able to call the box office and charge by phone or is it walk-up only? Thanks for your help.

dllrbll7
04-03-2005, 09:15 PM
I have a ticket in the RF lower reserved i think section 102 or so. I would rather it go to someone here than some random at the park, PM me before 9:30am tomorrow and if you leave a number ill let you know. Just lookin for face value($30). I will be tailgating in Lot E from about 11-1:30 so i could get it to you then.
Thanks
Bill

kevingrt
04-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Sorry man I need two tickets, if another one opens up jsut post again. Thanks for the offer though.

ewokpelts
04-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Sorry man I need two tickets, if another one opens up jsut post again. Thanks for the offer though.
got teh two you need
Gene