PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Lineup

RKMeibalane
04-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Ozzie Guillen has announced that he will use this lineup in Monday's game vs. Cleveland.

Note: I realize that the lineup was posted in another thread, but I thought it was important enough to start another thread devoted exclusively to the lineup.

LF- Podsednik
2B- Iguchi
DH- Everett
1B- Konerko
RF- Dye
CF- Rowand
C- Pierzynski
3B- Crede
SS- Uribe

P- Buehrle

LET'S PLAY BALL!

DickAllen72
04-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I just read in this morning's paper that Rowand is batting 7th and Pierzynski is batting 6th tomorrow.

kevingrt
04-03-2005, 01:16 PM
How strong is Uribe in the 9th spot. That is plain sick, we have a deep lineup just not that explosive. I think we will score plenty of runs this year though. Plenty enough for Mr Burly and Garcia at least.

AntoneSmith2
04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Wow Uribe at 9 = good looking lineup

RKMeibalane
04-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I just read in this morning's paper that Rowand is batting 7th and Pierzynski is batting 6th tomorrow.

Guillen mentioned that he has toyed with the idea of flip-flopping Rowand and Pierzynski. Perhaps the lineup you found reflects that change. We'll have to see what he actually decides on. He did mention that he doesn't want to spend too much time tinkering with the lineup unless it's absolutely necessary.

:jerry

"No tinkering? That's ridiculous! It's the manager's job to screw around with his lineup."

Ol' No. 2
04-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Guillen mentioned that he has toyed with the idea of flip-flopping Rowand and Pierzynski. Perhaps the lineup you found reflects that change. We'll have to see what he actually decides on. He did mention that he doesn't want to spend too much time tinkering with the lineup unless it's absolutely necessary.

:jerry

"No tinkering? That's ridiculous! It's the manager's job to screw around with his lineup."Against RHP it probably makes more sense to move AJ up a notch. Personally, I think people make WAY too much of lineup tinkering. No team plays the same lineup day in and day out. While Jerry Manual was probably guilty of taking it to excess, I have no problem with some juggling based on who you're facing and who's getting a day off.

TDog
04-03-2005, 04:09 PM
How strong is Uribe in the 9th spot. That is plain sick, we have a deep lineup just not that explosive. I think we will score plenty of runs this year though. Plenty enough for Mr Burly and Garcia at least.

I like the dynamics of the lineup.

The weakest hitter may be leading off. Greg Walker seems to believe Crede is a better hitter now than he has been. The primary reason he isn't hitting ninth is his lack of speed, but he should get better pitches to see hitting in front of Uribe than he would Pods. The key here is that by picking up a catcher who isn't a logical ninth-place hitter, the Sox have improved the entire dynamic of the lineup, enabling them to keep their speed together when it turns over.

The Sox also may have more power than some expect, particularly if there is speed on the bases for the 3-4-5 hitters, who could see more fastballs.

Obviously, the key is execution. If Pods has a tough time, you could see him switched with Uribe.

iamkoza
04-04-2005, 01:31 PM
i dont like rowand batting so low in the lineup