PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi Flipped: Leaves Game

!Winning=Fung!
04-03-2005, 12:45 AM
On whitesox.com it says that Iguchi left the game in the fifth inning after a double play. Monday I will buy his jersey at The Cell, but will he be at 2nd base? Anyone know what happened, or what will happen? Scott Merkin needs to update us.

DaveIsHere
04-03-2005, 12:51 AM
uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was at the game, I thought he came back in?:?:

Whitesox029
04-03-2005, 12:52 AM
On whitesox.com it says that Iguchi left the game in the fifth inning after a double play. Monday I will buy his jersey at The Cell, but will he be at 2nd base? Anyone know what happened, or what will happen? Scott Merkin needs to update us.
There were 2 outs with a man on 1st and he got a grounder. He chased the runner back toward first before realizing all he needed to do was throw to first. He did that, but the runner got down low to protect himself and Gooch went over the top of him. The angle was hard to see because the camera followed the ball to first. At first Hawk thought the runner did it on purpose but it was clearly an accidental thing on replay. I didn't hear anything after that as that's about when I switched to CLTV to see that the Pope had passed.

mealfred13
04-03-2005, 12:52 AM
The guy running from first to second got caught in sort of a rundown, but in order to at least get the one out, Iguchi got up and over the runner to throw out the guy headed to first, and as he did so, the guy running to second ducked down under Iguchi and then sort of stood up, tossing Iguchi over his shoulders onto his back. Iguchi laid there motionless for about 5 seconds before he finally got helped up and said he was fine. Not sure if he was hurt or not, but it didn't look too good.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-03-2005, 12:57 AM
uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was at the game, I thought he came back in?:?:
Yeah, he was on deck when Pods struck out to end the game. A scary moment, but after slowly and shakily getting to his feet, the Gooch didn't show any signs of injury the rest of the way.

:duck:
(That's us dodging a bullet)

Whitesox029
04-03-2005, 12:59 AM
The guy running from first to second got caught in sort of a rundown, but in order to at least get the one out, Iguchi got up and over the runner to throw out the guy headed to first, and as he did so, the guy running to second ducked down under Iguchi and then sort of stood up, tossing Iguchi over his shoulders onto his back. Iguchi laid there motionless for about 5 seconds before he finally got helped up and said he was fine. Not sure if he was hurt or not, but it didn't look too good.
Again...I'm sure there were two outs.

Rocklive99
04-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Again...I'm sure there were two outs.

Play happened with one out, runner on first. Really weird to see at the game, because I was staring at first to see if they got the out in time, and then hear yells and boos as Guch rolls around in the infield, I thought there was some sort of punch or cheap shot or something. I'm not sure how they ruled the last out, the 2nd one was like a regular ground out because he threw it to first, and then I'm not sure if they tagged the guy for the last out or if he was automatically called out, because Youst came out and argued

But yeah, I'm almost sure he stayed in the game because I remember being real surprised when he was still in there, at one point I thought Willie's eyes must've lit up, but nothin doin

mike
04-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Whew, from the title of your thread I thought he went crazy ala Sosa and Rauch and left the game early.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-03-2005, 02:10 PM
at one point I thought Willie's eyes must've lit up, but nothin doin
LOL!

I just watched it on video tape, and yeah, it happened with only one out; when Paulie recorded the second out at 1B, he turned and saw the Gooch lying prone on the ground, and looked around confused like he didn't know what the heck to do. Then he threw to Uribe who tagged out Magruder. The flipping of Iguchi was just self-defense, BTW, and I'm pretty sure Yost was arguing because he wanted Gooch called for interference on the basepath.

Palehose13
04-03-2005, 02:16 PM
LOL!

I just watched it on video tape, and yeah, it happened with only one out; when Paulie recorded the second out at 1B, he turned and saw the Gooch lying prone on the ground, and looked around confused like he didn't know what the heck to do. Then he threw to Uribe who tagged out Magruder. The flipping of Iguchi was just self-defense, BTW, and I'm pretty sure Yost was arguing because he wanted Gooch called for interference on the basepath.

:?:

Now granted, I haven't been able to see the replay...but interference? I guess attempting to tag a runner is interference now. Silly Yost...

Wsoxmike59
04-03-2005, 06:17 PM
:?:

Now granted, I haven't been able to see the replay...but interference? I guess attempting to tag a runner is interference now. Silly Yost...

INSTANT REPLAY PROVIDED BY YAHOO AND WSOXMIKE59

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050402/capt.wimg10504022242.white_sox_brewers_wimg105.jpg