PDA

View Full Version : Complimenting Brooks Boyer

Lip Man 1
04-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Folks:

I just wanted to acknowledge something that Brooks Boyer recently did for me.

I don't want to get to specific but I'll say that there was a misunderstanding over some requested material from one of the Sox departments.

Brooks got personally involved and today the material that I was seeking came in the mail along with a note from him on a card.

In the past I have been extremely critical of the Sox ownership and upper management for being arrogant, short sighted and vindictive.

Apparently those descriptions should not be used to describe everyone in ownership / upper management.

If this is a typical response by Brooks to an issue, then it will not take him long at all to erase the bitter memories of his predecessor, Rob Gallas.

It looks like already in the short period of time he has been on the job, he is doing a tremendous amount of good for the franchise and is making an honest effort to connect with Sox fans.

I congratulate him and thank him for his courtesy.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Folks:

I just wanted to acknowledge something that Brooks Boyer recently did for me.

I don't want to get to specific but I'll say that there was a misunderstanding over some requested material from one of the Sox departments.

Brooks got personally involved and today the material that I was seeking came in the mail along with a note from him on a card.

In the past I have been extremely critical of the Sox ownership and upper management for being arrogant, short sighted and vindictive.

Apparently those descriptions should not be used to describe everyone in ownership / upper management.

If this is a typical response by Brooks to an issue, then it will not take him long at all to erase the bitter memories of his predecessor, Rob Gallas.

It looks like already in the short period of time he has been on the job, he is doing a tremendous amount of good for the franchise and is making an honest effort to connect with Sox fans.

I congratulate him and thank him for his courtesy.

Lip:thud:

SOX ADDICT '73
04-02-2005, 10:03 PM
If this is a typical response by Brooks to an issue...

Sounds like Brooks to me. He responds to e-mails faster than you can say "at your earliest convenience," and not with a form letter, either. He makes the concerns of Sox fans his top priority, and it sounds like he handles most matters personally. Where he finds the time, I'll never know...

:worship: BROOKS!!!