PDA

View Full Version : Roeper mentions Sox during "Fever Pitch" review

Bisco Stu
04-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Tonight on Ebert. He said he could relate to Jimmy Fallon's Red Sawx loving fan as a "diehard White Sox fan whose team hasn't been to the World Series in my lifetime."

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
04-03-2005, 12:01 AM
*gags*

ewokpelts
04-03-2005, 12:18 AM
*gags*notice he didnt say he was a cub fan.....it's not as bad as you think
Gene

MtEverett
04-03-2005, 04:44 AM
I can only hope that this Jimmy Fallon joint is as sweet as Taxi ...(Don't hold it against me, I saw it on a flight)

doublem23
04-03-2005, 05:22 AM
For all the crap we give the media, we're lucky to have two of the best columnists in this town squarely in our camp; Roeper and John Kass of the Trib.

fquaye149
04-03-2005, 09:29 AM
ebert is from the south side is he not? I know in some reviews he has mentioned going to wrigley, but has never (as far as i know) said anything about being a cubs fan.

anyone know what his affiliation is?

DumpJerry
04-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Roeper has made his allegiance to the Sox well known for years.

jortafan
04-03-2005, 12:06 PM
ebert is from the south side is he not? I know in some reviews he has mentioned going to wrigley, but has never (as far as i know) said anything about being a cubs fan.

Ebert is from Urbana. Anybody note his orange and blue tie on television this week?

Foulke You
04-03-2005, 12:21 PM

I've read in an interview that Ebert has said he likes both Chicago baseball teams and wants both to do well. I'm not sure if he just isn't a baseball fan or he doesn't want to offend potential readers. Take it for what its worth but when the Flubs enlisted Ebert to sing the 7th inning stretch, he refused to say "root root root for the Cubbies" and instead chose to say "root root root for the home team".

zach074
04-03-2005, 12:28 PM
I've read in an interview that Ebert has said he likes both Chicago baseball teams and wants both to do well. I'm not sure if he just isn't a baseball fan or he doesn't want to offend potential readers. Take it for what its worth but when the Flubs enlisted Ebert to sing the 7th inning stretch, he refused to say "root root root for the Cubbies" and instead chose to say "root root root for the home team".

It would have been classic if he said "root root root for the WHITE SOX!"

ewokpelts
04-03-2005, 01:27 PM

central illinois......i think he grew up in champaign
Gene

I want Mags back
04-03-2005, 03:11 PM

I bevieve he was originally from Dolton.

EDIT: oops thats roeper, no clue about ebert

fquaye149
04-03-2005, 03:40 PM
central illinois......i think he grew up in champaign
Gene

haha well see what happens when i take my information from an episode of the critic?

damn you jay sherman!!!

Clembasbal
04-03-2005, 05:38 PM
haha well see what happens when i take my information from an episode of the critic?

damn you jay sherman!!!

HAH!!! A great show.

Roeper is like one of the best known Sox fans...he is adiment about it, which is great.

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
04-04-2005, 01:02 AM
For all the crap we give the media, we're lucky to have two of the best columnists in this town squarely in our camp; Roeper and John Kass of the Trib.

you can't be freakin serious? Roeper is one of the biggest hacks i've ever seen.

scottyl
04-04-2005, 02:47 AM
I think Roeper does a good job on the show.

Why are some attacking a fellow Sox fan?