PDA

View Full Version : sox fans helping sox fans... but not cub fans

jake27
04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
i was eating lunch today where i work and when i was done i got up to throw away my tray. then this guy takes it out of my hands saying "ill throw that away for you, anything for a fellow white sox fan" (i was wearing a sox hat so thats how he knew). he started to take the guys tray behind me then asked if he was a white sox fan. he replied a cubs then gave him back his tray :cool: . anyone else have anything like this happen where you got something because you were a sox fan and your friend or someone else didnt because he was a cubs fan?

mods if this isnt the right place for this, please move it, i didnt know where this would go.

DumpJerry
04-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I routinely drive Flub fans to the Nut House for their meds..........

voodoochile
04-02-2005, 08:16 PM
i was eating lunch today where i work and when i was done i got up to throw away my tray. then this guy takes it out of my hands saying "ill throw that away for you, anything for a fellow white sox fan" (i was wearing a sox hat so thats how he knew). he started to take the guys tray behind me then asked if he was a white sox fan. he replied a cubs then gave him back his tray :cool: . anyone else have anything like this happen where you got something because you were a sox fan and your friend or someone else didnt because he was a cubs fan?

mods if this isnt the right place for this, please move it, i didnt know where this would go.

A long time ago a bus driver waited the bus when he saw me running toward it because I was wearing a Sox hat...

I've actually seen a couple here in New Bern recently too, kind of odd in a town this small and this far away from Chicago.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-02-2005, 09:00 PM
anyone else have anything like this happen where you got something because you were a sox fan and your friend or someone else didnt because he was a cubs fan?

Well, as a teacher, I enjoy getting the 75% off coupons, unlike fans of a certain "other" team which scalps its own tickets! :rolling:

DumpJerry
04-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, as a teacher, I enjoy getting the 75% off coupons, unlike fans of a certain "other" team which scalps its own tickets! :rolling:
Yet another reason why the Sox are better members of the community than the Blue Ones.....

TDog
04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Cubs fans don't need our help. They already get enough breaks.

Sox fans are an oppressed minority. We have to stick together.

Stroker Ace
04-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Coming back to Hofstra after winter break, I was carrying a couble of bars and a hand truck full of cases of water, and a fellow Sox fan helped me carry my stuff.

Corlose 15
04-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Jake, are there a lot of Sox fans over there in Marquette? It seems I've seen a lot more people wearing '83 style sox hats over here. I don't know if its because they're actually sox fans or just because its a cool hat.

popilius
04-07-2005, 03:27 AM
This might sound unusual, but I always give something to the homeless in the city if they're wearing any Sox gear. . .

:gulp: