PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day help anyone?

FoulkeFan
04-02-2005, 03:28 PM
I have upper deck tickets for opening day (since I purchased them online in the first few minutes they went on sale ugh!). Does anybody have any suggestions for getting down to the lower deck or swapping my tickets for lower deck tickets? I was thinking of trying to get into the upper level of the bullpen bar but am afraid that it will be too full since it's opening day. Any help is appreciated.

!Winning=Fung!
04-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Last year, I went to many games with upper deck tickets and just wanted to catch a fly ball in batting practice.

I know someone who always buys season tickets, so I would call him once I was at the game and he would hand me something like a sweater or program along with his two tickets right over that that little fence where the guy checks the tickets. Then I would get in the lower deck through another way.

Don't let this get out, I don't mind sitting in the uppers during the game and the price, but sitting there 1 1/2 hours before he game is brutal when watching home runs fly into the stands.

I hate this rule, so if anyone can give us more ideas, other than pay the extra $10 for outfield tickets, it would be appreciated.

Opening day gates open up 2 hrs before the game, see all of you there

Daver
04-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Last year, I went to many games with upper deck tickets and just wanted to catch a fly ball in batting practice.

I know someone who always buys season tickets, so I would call him once I was at the game and he would hand me something like a sweater or program along with his two tickets right over that that little fence where the guy checks the tickets. Then I would get in the lower deck through another way.

Don't let this get out, I don't mind sitting in the uppers during the game and the price, but sitting there 1 1/2 hours before he game is brutal when watching home runs fly into the stands.

I hate this rule, so if anyone can give us more ideas, other than pay the extra $10 for outfield tickets, it would be appreciated.

Opening day gates open up 2 hrs before the game, see all of you there

You just informed the Sox front office of how you get around their policies,it is well known they read these forums.

:redneck

!Winning=Fung!
04-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm just helping out my fellow sox fans. Batting practice is important for some fans and the kids, more important than the notion that the bathrooms are too packed. There are washrooms every 20 steps, and for many years, I don't remember once spending so much time waiting.

And I hope management does look at this website more often, maybe it would give them a little insight on what we are all about. I think brooks boyer is the only one who does.

Daver
04-02-2005, 05:24 PM
And I hope management does look at this website more often, maybe it would give them a little insight on what we are all about. I think brooks boyer is the only one who does.

You would be wrong on that.

DumpJerry
04-02-2005, 05:32 PM
You just informed the Sox front office of how you get around their policies,it is well known they read these forums.

:redneck
That is why I included the little "note" in my sig since we cannot change our screennames without losing all postings tied into us.
Note to front office: Hi guys! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday!:D:

jake27
04-02-2005, 05:40 PM
you can upgrade your upper deck tickets at the ticket booth thing up there. you just pay the difference. but sinceopening day is going to be a sell out, you probally won't beable to do that.