PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com's White Sox poll

mikehuff
04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Check this out if you're interested. They have a poll for each MLB team.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=1248

FedEx227
04-01-2005, 07:03 PM
1) Where will the White Sox finish in the AL Central?

41.7%First
27.4%Third
20.2%Second
8.2%Fourth
2.4%Fifth

2) Who will lead the White Sox in RBI this season?

74.3%Paul Konerko
9.5%Aaron Rowand
6.2%Carl Everett
5.5%Jermaine Dye
4.5%Other

3) Which kind of team would you try to build as G.M. if you played at U.S. Cellular Field?

52.3%Power hitting and on-base percentage
47.7%Speed and defense

4) How would you rate Chicago's projected rotation of Mark Buehrle, Freddy Garcia, Jose Contreras, Jon Garland and Orlando Hernandez?

46.8%Better than most
25.9%Average
22.9%One of AL's best
4.4%Below average

5) Is Joe Crede, 26, the long-term solution at third base for the White Sox?

59.0%No
41.0%Yes

I wonder who in gods name thought Joe Crede was a long-term solution?!

bafiarocks03
04-01-2005, 10:08 PM
i picked Joe as a long term solution!

rmusacch
04-01-2005, 10:43 PM
i picked Joe as a long term solution!

So did I. I think he will put it together.

PAPChiSox729
04-01-2005, 11:42 PM
So did I. I think he will put it together.

I hope he will. He can be a great hitter, he just has a lot of mental walls. This offense would be great if Crede lives up to his potential. I just don't think it will happen...
:(:

fquaye149
04-02-2005, 03:25 AM
this is so annoying. yes we ARE building a team around speed and defense? *****. Just like the Marlins of 2003 were ONLY speed and defense.

If something's not black it doesn't mean it's white. Chriminy, ESPN get a hold of yourself

WikdChiSoxFan
04-02-2005, 07:59 AM
this is so annoying. yes we ARE building a team around speed and defense? *****. Just like the Marlins of 2003 were ONLY speed and defense.

If something's not black it doesn't mean it's white. Chriminy, ESPN get a hold of yourself

No kiddin...

We're still gonna hit 200HR this year. And what we've tried to correct is OBP and runners in scoring position.

ESPN's analysii are hit and miss. I don't know how some of these guys get paid. Typically I like Harold Reynolds, but this morning they were picking apart the NL Central. Reynolds said the Cubs had the best bullpen in that division. Are you kidding me...they got some nice starters and I hated Hawkins when he was a Twin, but lately he's been as unreliable as borowski. and as for the rest of the bullpen up there, I wouldn't put them in any kind of category that related to the words "good" or "decent" What about the Astros bullpen that basically carried the team through the playoffs last year.

Realist
04-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah. I voted for Joe Crede for long term too. He's so friggin' cute, he makes we walk funny.

AJPosguchi
04-02-2005, 03:08 PM
I see a couple of the "experts" picked Gooch and BMac as potentiial Rookie of the Year.
2005 Individual Predictions MVP Cy Young Rookie of the Year
Eric Karabell,
ESPN Fantasy AL: Vladimir Guerrero
NL: Albert Pujols AL: Johan Santana
NL: Tim Hudson AL: Tadahito Iguchi
NL: Gavin Floyd Scott Engel,
ESPN Fantasy AL: Manny Ramirez
NL: Albert Pujols AL: Johan Santana
NL: Tim Hudson AL: Nick Swisher
NL: Gavin Floyd Mark Simon,
ESPN Research AL: Manny Ramirez
NL: Miguel Cabrera AL: Randy Johnson
NL: John Smoltz AL: Brandon McCarthy
NL: Chris Burke

bigdommer
04-02-2005, 03:41 PM

I agree, I think we are building both. I think we will have six guys hit 20 HR: Paulie, Rowand, Dye, Jurassic, Joe C, and Uribe. Frank might if he gets back in May. I also think Pods will swipe 50, Gooch and Row 25 apiece. I would like to hear the term "well-rounded" used more than "small ball".

Stroker Ace
04-02-2005, 04:59 PM
They listed Jose Valentine as a major loss?