PDA

View Full Version : Park and Ride

Ol' No. 2
04-01-2005, 04:12 PM
For all you who work downtown, the Sox are starting a park and ride program allowing you to park in Lot A in the morning and take the El to work.

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050401&content_id=992484&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

daveeym
04-01-2005, 04:25 PM
For all you who work downtown, the Sox are starting a park and ride program allowing you to park in Lot A in the morning and take the El to work.

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050401&content_id=992484&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) Wow nice job Brooks and/or whoever else, be interesting to see how it plays out, I really think it could significantly add numbers to attendance if the word gets out. When I lived in the burbs the double parking cost definitely turned me away from going to many a game.

MisterB
04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Anyone know what all-day parking costs around downtown?

thepaulbowski
04-01-2005, 04:32 PM
This is a great idea. Brooks did mention at Soxfest that they were finalizing how this would work and details would be available before the start of the season.

thepaulbowski
04-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Anyone know what all-day parking costs around downtown?

$13 bucks in the Millennium Park garage and $15-$25 elsewhere for rates during the day. Nightly rates are lower, though.

Rocky Soprano
04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
AWESOME IDEA!

This will work out wonderful for me!

Great job Brooks!

voodoochile
04-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Holy crap... innovative marketing approaches to bring fans back to the park after they get off of work...:o:

What have they done with my White Sox and who are these guys running the team?

Great job!

:cheers::thud::drunken::thumbsup::peace:

Hitmen77
04-01-2005, 05:36 PM

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050401&content_id=992484&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

That is an EXCELLENT idea! I'm passing this info along to my friends!

robiwho
04-01-2005, 05:53 PM
This was the best news I got at SoxFest. Last season, it cost me $13 to park downtown and $16 at the park -- sometimes the parking cost more than my game ticket!

On the weekends I usually take the el. This means I'll be going to a lot more week night games.

samram
04-01-2005, 10:31 PM
$13 bucks in the Millennium Park garage and $15-$25 elsewhere for rates during the day. Nightly rates are lower, though.

Man, that is one thing I don't miss about living up there. Down here, I pay $6 a day, and that's only because I'm 'picky' (according to people from around here) and want to be close to the office.

Hitmen77
04-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Man, that is one thing I don't miss about living up there. Down here, I pay $6 a day, and that's only because I'm 'picky' (according to people from around here) and want to be close to the office.

Yes, but here you can take the train to work for $3.50/day and not have to deal with traffic. This deal at Sox Park wouldn't be an everyday commute to work - it's for people who live in the suburbs, usually take the Metra to work, and would find it faster to just be able to drive home after attending a night game. That works for me. I'd be willing to go to a few more weekday games a year knowing that this plan was available.

samram
04-02-2005, 05:07 AM
Yes, but here you can take the train to work for $3.50/day and not have to deal with traffic. This deal at Sox Park wouldn't be an everyday commute to work - it's for people who live in the suburbs, usually take the Metra to work, and would find it faster to just be able to drive home after attending a night game. That works for me. I'd be willing to go to a few more weekday games a year knowing that this plan was available.

I agree with that. I was just making a general comment about parking. I think the plan sounds great and it should work out well. I also remember it costing $7/day to take Metra, but it's been a while.

ewokpelts
04-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Anyone know what all-day parking costs around downtown?18 for "early in" lots in the loop....
Gene