PDA

View Full Version : Tonights starter?

Charno
04-01-2005, 02:40 PM
For tonight's game against Milwaukee, any idea who will start?

CHISOXFAN13
04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
For tonight's game against Milwaukee, any idea who will start?

Contreras.

anewman35
04-01-2005, 03:11 PM
And before somebody asks, tomorrow is Garland.

Tekijawa
04-01-2005, 03:14 PM
And before somebody asks, tomorrow is Garland.

You're a mind reader... I'll be there Booing him with the rest of you!:)

HomeFish
04-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Who's Milwaukee throwing at us?

Probably also a back-of-the-rotation type, if not a minor leaguer. Should be a high-scoring game on both ends.

anewman35
04-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Who's Milwaukee throwing at us?

Probably also a back-of-the-rotation type, if not a minor leaguer. Should be a high-scoring game on both ends.

From their official site:

(Doug) "Davis will start on Friday for Milwaukee against White Sox right-hander Jose Contreras. On Saturday, Victor Santos will get one more chance to make a good impression as he starts against Chicago righty Jon Garland."

It appears that Davis is their #2 and Santos is their #4.

HomeFish
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Wow, they're certainly taking this one more seriously than us.

balke
04-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Contreras might wanna take it seriously. He's caught that bad press about his fastball already. We're gonna need him, come on JC!

Rocklive99
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Sweet, I get to see the Victor Santos hit party Part 2 live, so do is it typical for the starters to play these last games, or for them to get rest

anewman35
04-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Wow, they're certainly taking this one more seriously than us.

I highly doubt they're taking this at all seriously, I'm sure it's much more a matter of getting their pitching staff in order. Remember, technically Freddy (our #2) should be pitching today if they wanted to get him on normal rest for his first start, apparently the Brewers feel that's more important than the White Sox do.

PAPChiSox729
04-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Jose Contreras needs to enter the regular season on a positive note. His ST has been horrible, and I don't want that to carry over into the regular season. Lets hope Jose throws a gem tonight.

crazyozzie02
04-01-2005, 08:38 PM
You're a mind reader... I'll be there Booing him with the rest of you!:)

If you here some louder jackass from section 126 about row 25 booing very loudly, thats me. Also, Im trying to figure out if we are going to be booing C Lee. I watched tonights game and it was a mixed reaction, so i need some help:(:

balke
04-01-2005, 08:51 PM
If you here some louder jackass from section 126 about row 25 booing very loudly, thats me. Also, Im trying to figure out if we are going to be booing C Lee. I watched tonights game and it was a mixed reaction, so i need some help:(:

I hope you guys don't. He was good to our organization, and left gracefully. We were the jerks for letting him go. But that's business. Have fun.

Rocklive99
04-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't say we were jerks for letting him go, we have the right to trade anyone, it's part of the business. Actually, Ozzie and journalists were talking about being a cancer, attitudes, soft, etc. To my knowledge, he didn't respond or take the Magglio Road, just that he was happy to be with his new team.

But seriously, lol why would we be booing him? That doesn't make sense at all.

chisox2005
04-02-2005, 02:00 AM
Jose Contreras needs to enter the regular season on a positive note. His ST has been horrible, and I don't want that to carry over into the regular season. Lets hope Jose throws a gem tonight.

He didn't look too sharp. Was at the game. The 2 run bomb he gave up was on a 1-2 pitch. Then certain times he looked much better. The defense wasn't exactly stellar behind him either. His velocity was mid-90's, just couldn't seem to put a string of good pitches together.

PAPChiSox729
04-02-2005, 10:53 AM
He didn't look too sharp. Was at the game. The 2 run bomb he gave up was on a 1-2 pitch. Then certain times he looked much better. The defense wasn't exactly stellar behind him either. His velocity was mid-90's, just couldn't seem to put a string of good pitches together.

Hawk and DJ felt that Contreras improved on his past performances, and the defense just let him down. They were especially upset with Iguchi's double clutch on the cutoff throw that would have gotten Hardy out at third. Lets hope Jon Garland has a better day next game.

balke
04-02-2005, 11:05 AM
On television it seemed like he didn't really get his splitter going until late in the 2nd inning. I think he was trying to throw more fastballs, and they just kinda fell all over the field.

After 2, he really locked it down and got in a rhythm which was good to see. I thought he was going to let up seven in 3 1/3. Didn't happen that way.