PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose Eligible for the HOF

SABRSox
04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
According to Peter Gammons on The Dan Patrick Show, Pete Rose has gone to court and has invalidated the Dowd Report, which was pretty much the only evidence against him in the whole betting scandal he was involved in.

Since there is now no "tangible proof", Selig has appearently allowed Pete Rose to be eligible for the HOF. This is no guarantee he'll get in, but he is eligible for the HOF.

Does he get in on the first ballot? My guess is he does.

The Racehorse
04-01-2005, 01:40 PM
According to Peter Gammons on The Dan Patrick Show, Pete Rose has gone to court and has invalidated the Dowd Report, which was pretty much the only evidence against him in the whole betting scandal he was involved in.

Since there is now no "tangible proof", Selig has appearently allowed Pete Rose to be eligible for the HOF. This is no guarantee he'll get in, but he is eligible for the HOF.

If eligible, vote Pete in first ballot [I say] so he can join Tris Speaker & Ty Cobb... they all can have their special corner at Cooperstown.

Ol' No. 2
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM

Does he get in on the first ballot? My guess is he does.Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but wasn't Gammons claiming essentially the same thing LAST YEAR?

daveeym
04-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Why do i feel this has April Fools written all over it.

SABRSox
04-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Why do i feel this has April Fools written all over it.

Yeah, you know what... I bet you it is.

Edit: At least I hope it is.

Fenway
04-01-2005, 02:01 PM
It has to be April Fool's

How on earth could a court throw out the Dowd Report?

but you know I say put him on the ballot anyways because

a the writers will stiff him

and

b there is no way in the world his peers will vote him on the vet commitee

voodoochile
04-01-2005, 02:05 PM
LOL...

Gammons has a sense of humor... who knew?

daveeym
04-01-2005, 02:07 PM
LOL...

Gammons has a sense of humor... who knew? Nah the interns are sitting there laughing their asses off at Gammons as they keep feeding him gibberish.

Fenway
04-01-2005, 02:13 PM
LOL...

Gammons has a sense of humor... who knew?

I have shared a few pints with Peter he really is a great guy to be with.

He is just terrified of being on camera.

LauraJ14
04-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Ha! Its an April Fools joke!!!

Jerko
04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm waiting for George "Jack" Offman's latest April fool's garbage (or in his case, April Tool). Last year was Maggs for Griffey IIRC. He's so funny.

wilburaga
04-01-2005, 02:36 PM

Petie will get in the same time Sidd Finch does.

Speaking of Finchie, there's a nice story in today's NY Times about the guy who posed as Finch 20 years ago. He's a 'mild-mannered junior high school art teacher in Oak Park, ILL.' While he does mention attending one of the Cubs' playoff games in 2003, there's a picture of him with his 8 year old son who is handsomely decked out in a Sox shirt.

W

The Racehorse
04-01-2005, 02:43 PM
April Fools, dang! Friends of Tris & Ty have got to be disappointed.

fledgedrallycap
04-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I have shared a few pints with Peter he really is a great guy to be with.

He is just terrified of being on camera.

Then stick to radio or print! Don't put your mug on TV every chance you get.

I don't doubt he's a nice guy, he just doesn't know jack of anything baseball related west of the Potomac River