PDA

View Full Version : Bulletin Board Material

DaleJRFan
04-01-2005, 10:44 AM
I was watching CSN lastnight and they were talking about Rick Patino not giving the Illini any "Bulletin Board Material" by discussing any sort of weaknesses in their team. Patino was very complimentary of the coaching staff, players, etc (mostly because he is a class act) and I thought....

I hope to God that KW and Ozzie have been surfing WSI (yea, right...) and have been clipping papers, printing internet articles, etc., to post in the locker room for bulletin board fodder - to let the players know how bad the media thinks they are.

According to ESPN, Chicago Tribune, Baseball America, (insert any preseason report posted at WSI), etc, the Sox will do no better than 70-92, posting the largest drop off in wins of any team in the AL. Iguchi will be a bust, AJ will be a cancer and mishandle the pitching staff, Shingo was a flash in the pan, Podsednik was a one hit wonder, Dye will break his leg on opening day, Contreras will have a 7.12 era and go 5-15, El Duque won't start more than 15 games (McCarthy fans get their wish), Frank Thomas will be driven out of town, Konerko will be traded at the deadline since we can't sign any "marquee" free agents, Uribe benefitted from a hitter's park, Freddy Garcia is overrated and declining, due to Thomas' injury we've been "reduced" to relying on Everett, blah blah blah blah......

Peter Gammons proclaims Mauer and Morneau as the two best hitters in the AL central while we have one of the better (if not the best) young hitters to break out in the LEAGUE in recent memory - Aaron Rowand... and by the looks of his spring, plans on hitting 330 with a 980 OPS. We've upgraded our team speed, defense and pitching staff (pitching staff considerably) with PROVEN PLAYERS (outside of Iguchi) while the media picks the Twins and Indians, who are fielding many unproven rookies... it all makes me sick.

I for one cannot wait to hold up my "UNDER THE RADAR" sign at game 1 of the ALDS...

:angry: :angry: :angry:

DaveIsHere
04-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I think it would be great iff we make the playoffs and a game is on ESPN, for everyone to have signs that point to their stupidity. And boo them any chance we get.

I personally do not want ESPN to jump on the banwagon in the postseason and say how great we have been all along when the bad mouth us at every chance they get, but then again we all know that no matter how well we do they will all still talk crap, I cant wait to stick it to them!!!!!

Rocky Soprano
04-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Someone should save all these stupid articles and when we make the playoffs and ESPN is jumping on our bandwagon, we'll have proof to show how stupid they are.

DumpJerry
04-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Peter Gammons proclaims Mauer and Morneau as the two best hitters in the AL central ...
What makes it even more fodder for the bulletin board is the fact that Mauer may never play in baseball again with that "slight" knee problem. But then, I would not be surprised if Boston Gammons said that the Great Ted Williams can stage a comeback if Johnny Damon goes down.......

Norberto7
04-01-2005, 01:08 PM
...at game 1 of the ALDS...

...jump on the banwagon in the postseason...

...when we make the playoffs...

I guess the phrase "cautiously optimistic" doesn't get much play in this thread. :tongue: