PDA

View Full Version : Better food in store for Wrigley?

itsnotrequired
04-01-2005, 09:03 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0504010319apr01,1,7477686.story?coll=chi-business-hed

The Cubs are expected to announce on Friday that Chicago-based Levy Restaurants, which handles premium-food operations at U.S. Cellular, is taking over concession operations at Wrigley. SportService Corp. handles general concessions at the Cell.

Banix12
04-01-2005, 10:12 AM
As much as I want to rip the cubs, this is the right move. Their food was god awful for years. Aramark is the worst food service company in sports and all stadiums should get rid of them, put them out of business. They'll still never have our selection, frankly because they'll never have the room in the stadium for it.

Ol' No. 2
04-01-2005, 10:17 AM
But I thought their Kosher dogs were "delish"???:o:

itsnotrequired
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
So how long do you think it will take before Cub "fans" start talking about how the Sox "ripped-off" Wrigley's food choices? I'm betting on two years.

jackbrohamer
04-01-2005, 10:50 AM
So how long do you think it will take before Cub "fans" start talking about how the Sox "ripped-off" Wrigley's food choices? I'm betting on two years.

I bet before then. Levy's hot dogs, another Great Wrigley Tradition!

Ol' No. 2
04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I bet before then. Levy's hot dogs, another Great Wrigley Tradition! The best ones are still the Kosher dogs cooked on the griddle with onions. Mmmm. Only 3 more days....only 3 more days....

Jjav829
04-01-2005, 04:57 PM
For years, baseball lovers have known one truism about Chicago's two stadiums.

You go to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs, for the atmosphere. But if you want great-tasting baseball food, you head south to U.S. Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox.

Yes, we go there for the food. Nevermind the fact that there's a freaking baseball game going on! :rolleyes:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-05-2005, 11:58 PM
The Shrine is getting US Cellulized? What's next for the Shrine, walkways that don't smell like urine? Fans that know baseball? Well, Rome wasn't (re)built in a day.

Hangar18
04-06-2005, 04:50 PM
FOX and WGN were already reporting on how Excellent the Food is GOING TO BE ....... (they havnt even served the stuff yet!)
They talked about the Nachos, the soon to be great Hot Dogs, vegetarian menu etc etc etc ......... I thought they were talking about the SOX for a moment. We have surely heard the LAST on how At-Least-The-Sox-Have-Great-Food propoganda, because now the cubs will be the talk of the culinary town ....... for having Food AS GOOD AS THE SOX