PDA

View Full Version : Baseball tonight in 2 minutes.

Clement's beard
04-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Just a heads up.

PAPChiSox729
04-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Just a heads up.

Shouldn't this be in Talking Baseball? BBTN didn't even talk about the Sox in the AL Central show, so I don't think too much Pale Hose stuff will be brought up on this one. Just a suggestion.

tadscout
04-01-2005, 12:42 AM
sox rotation "Jekyll and Hyde"???!!!???

Lip Man 1
04-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Brantley's right...does anybody really know what the Sox will get out of Contreras, Hernandez and Garland this season?

They could combine to win 45 games or 25. They are certainly question marks and with them go the fate of this team.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
04-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Brantley's right...does anybody really know what the Sox will get out of Contreras, Hernandez and Garland this season?

They could combine to win 45 games or 25. They are certainly question marks and with them go the fate of this team.

LipI'd say that based on past experience, Garland is a lock for 12 wins. Contreras had a poor year last year and won 13. Is there any logical reason to expect him to do significantly worse? That's 25 right there. The only concern I have about Hernandez is his health. If I were in Ozzie's shoes, I'd limit him to no more than 150 IP. But even if he starts only 25 games, he's got good enough stuff to win half of them. 37 wins from the bottom three in the order is OK by me. Buehrle and Garcia will probably combine for 35, which puts them at 72 from the starting rotation.

None of these things are certain, but I don't think the uncertainty is any worse than any other team.

balke
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
I'd say that based on past experience, Garland is a lock for 12 wins. Contreras had a poor year last year and won 13. Is there any logical reason to expect him to do significantly worse? That's 25 right there. The only concern I have about Hernandez is his health. If I were in Ozzie's shoes, I'd limit him to no more than 150 IP. But even if he starts only 25 games, he's got good enough stuff to win half of them. 37 wins from the bottom three in the order is OK by me. Buehrle and Garcia will probably combine for 35, which puts them at 72 from the starting rotation.

None of these things are certain, but I don't think the uncertainty is any worse than any other team.

If El Duque is unhealthy, we have B-mac in the waiting. I admit we don't really know if he can win in regulation, but still he looks to be a good back up plan for a guy who went 8-2 last season.

RKMeibalane
04-01-2005, 11:40 AM
I still think that the pitching staff will be better than expected. The results we've seen in ST haven't always been encouraging, but let's keep in mind that a lot of pitchers use the exhibition season to fine-tune pitches they want to use once the regular season begins. If Sox starters are getting pounded two or three weeks into the season, I'll be concerned, but not before then.

AZChiSoxFan
04-01-2005, 11:46 AM

Thank You!! Does anyone really know what the Twins will get out of Silva, Lohse, and Mays??