PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Dolgin is White Sox new pre-/post-game host

SpammySosa
03-31-2005, 07:32 PM
I was looking at the Events section of am1000.com and it mentioned that Bryan Dolgin is the new pre-/post-game host for the Sox.I didn't navigate the site to see if there was further information,but I would imagine there is a blurb regarding his new role.

spawn
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Mac and Harry were talking about this today. He was a broadcaster for the Joliet Jackhammers. M&H were having a little fun with him. All I know is, after listening to Mac say he believes Eric Wedge will be AL manager of the year, and also said that on tomorrows show they will make their predictions. He's gonna predict The Indians to win the AL Central. If that's his opinion, fine. But I'm just happy as hell Mac isn't doing the pre and post.

irish rover
03-31-2005, 07:45 PM
looks like he was the PR director, dir of broadcasting and play by play for the Joliet Jackhmmers and did PR for the Myrtel Beach Pelicans

SpammySosa
03-31-2005, 07:45 PM
But I'm just happy as hell Mac isn't doing the pre and post.

Agreed. I was really surprised a while back when so many people were singing his praises as a potential replacement.Considering the lack of passion he shows toward the team,as well as lack of knowledge at times,I am glad to see they went with someone else.Having said this,however,I don't know much at all about Dolgin.

spawn
03-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Agreed. I was really surprised a while back when so many people were singing his praises as a potential replacement.Considering the lack of passion he shows toward the team,as well as lack of knowledge at times,I am glad to see they went with someone else.Having said this,however,I don't know much at all about Dolgin.
I was extremely convinced Mac shouldn't be the pre/post host when the whole 'trade A.J.' rumor went down. A knowledgeble Sox fan, hell baseball fan, would've been very skeptical about that report, especially since the rumor came out of Minnesota. But he seemed almost giddy talking about it. He's not worthy of the pre/post position. Hell, I wish he wasn't a Sox fan. Honestly, I think he's a closet Tribe supporter. I think I've heard him brag about his Indians jersey before.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-31-2005, 08:15 PM
I was hoping for Carmen DeFalco after hearing him on CSN a few days ago, but I hope this guy does well filling in for Dave(something that's going to be hard to do :(:)

Dub25
03-31-2005, 08:20 PM
I am glad Mac didn't get the spot as well. He is a blowhole that acts like he was the owner and creator of the score 670. He's as big as a sox fan as Bernsy. Both say they are sox fans but all they do is put down the team.

TornLabrum
03-31-2005, 08:45 PM
As long as he isn't doing PBP, Dolgin might be okay, but the Jackhammers radio broadcasts are pretty much a cluster ****.

On the other hand, Comcast Channel 6 in Joliet has been playing a tape of Dolgin's taking calls and interviewing some of the Jackhammers management by phone. He was pretty good doing that.

veeter
03-31-2005, 09:10 PM
I am glad Mac didn't get the spot as well. He is a blowhole that acts like he was the owner and creator of the score 670. He's as big as a sox fan as Bernsy. Both say they are sox fans but all they do is put down the team. I agree. I just don't get the whole put down the Sox thing. I have, however, e-mailed Bernstein before and he replied with Sox compliments. He seemed giddy in his e-mail back to me when they aquired Colon 2 years back. I really think these guys have on-air and off-air personalities. They say stuff on the air just to rile guys like us up. I guess they think it spurs phone calls and listenership. It makes me turn them off.

bobelou72
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know if dolgin is a Sox fan or if he's from Chicago? I agree anyone would be better then Mac. I don't know if anyone will beat wills . I'm going to miss The White Sox NNNNEEEEEXXTT :supernana:

Brian26
03-31-2005, 09:28 PM
I am glad Mac didn't get the spot as well. He is a blowhole that acts like he was the owner and creator of the score 670. He's as big as a sox fan as Bernsy. Both say they are sox fans but all they do is put down the team.

McNeil is a complete and utter blowhard clown. Two weeks ago he asked Bruce Levine if Juan Uribe was the Sox answer at shortstop.

irish rover
04-01-2005, 12:36 AM
here is a bio on Bryan

http://www.jackhammerbaseball.com/office/office_bios.asp?id=6

DrCrawdad
04-01-2005, 01:18 AM
here is a bio on Bryan

http://www.jackhammerbaseball.com/office/office_bios.asp?id=6

Carlton Fisk fan. First sports job in a Sox parking lot.

Well that pretty much answers the question of whether or not he's a Sox fan.

ChiSoxBobette
04-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Mac and Harry were talking about this today. He was a broadcaster for the Joliet Jackhammers. M&H were having a little fun with him. All I know is, after listening to Mac say he believes Eric Wedge will be AL manager of the year, and also said that on tomorrows show they will make their predictions. He's gonna predict The Indians to win the AL Central. If that's his opinion, fine. But I'm just happy as hell Mac isn't doing the pre and post.
That guy is a joke , I love when these chicago guys all say they're White Sox fans, as Mac is supposed to be, and all they do is rip the team. I don't even listen to these dorks anymore. Fat,Jerko & Fairy I'm sure they'll pick the scrubs to win it all again this year.

Go White Sox!

Sad
04-01-2005, 07:05 AM

double-agreed... gotta be better than Mac

jabrch
04-01-2005, 07:38 AM
A 30ish year old North suburban kid (Deerfield) who is a Sox fan? I didn't know there were that many of us!

Welcome aboard Bryan!

SoxFanTillDeath
04-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Hope Wills leaves his some "Sox pearls of wisdom" before he leaves and includes WSI as one of them! :cool:

Lip Man 1
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
I heard from Dave last night. All he can offer is what is already known.. that Bryan worked for the JackHammers. He said he's never actually heard him so he can't comment on his style or ability.

Lip

DannyCaterFan
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Mike North is another guy that constantly bashes the Sox while at the same time promotes the Cubs in commercials as well as on the air.

Foulke You
04-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Carlton Fisk fan. First sports job in a Sox parking lot.

Well that pretty much answers the question of whether or not he's a Sox fan.

Yep...however, he lists Dave Matthews Band as a favorite musician. Dave Matthews blows. However, I will forgive him since one of his favorite movies is The Blues Brothers.:cool:

Bump34
04-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I am glad ESPN 1000 and the White Sox have found a White Sox fan!!!

Bryan... Best of Luck Lad!!!

And remember... the folks at Whitesoxinteractive's bark is most of the time worse than their bite...or was it?!?!?!?!?:?: :?: :?: :?:

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
04-01-2005, 10:14 PM
do i email brooks about this? cause i want to tell him that this is the only move he's made that i think sucks. who is this f'n joker?

Brian26
04-01-2005, 10:33 PM
do i email brooks about this? cause i want to tell him that this is the only move he's made that i think sucks. who is this f'n joker?

Whoa. Chill out...give the guy a chance.

CHISOXFAN13
04-01-2005, 11:53 PM

Wow, now Brooks is hiring the on-air talent. The man sure can do it all.

Maybe someone should alert Bob Grim.

jabrch
04-02-2005, 12:52 AM

I'd like to hear at least a broadcast or two before jumpin to that conclusion, huh?

http://www.pitt.edu/~rjw9/team/jumpto.jpg

TornLabrum
04-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Here's an article about Dolgin, complete with photo:

http://www.jackhammerbaseball.com/news.asp?id=938

He grew up in Chicago’s northern suburb of Deerfield, IL. He is a ’93 graduate of Deerfield High School and is a lifelong White Sox fan.

hose
04-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Here's an article about Dolgin, complete with photo:

http://www.jackhammerbaseball.com/news.asp?id=938

Outside of having a smaller head then Willsy I think he has all the credentials.:D:

Frankfan4life
04-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Dolgin is on am1000 now! He's a lifelong Sox fan and he's not real interested in the cubs.

He's going to the pre-post today.

Fredsox
04-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Mike North is another guy that constantly bashes the Sox while at the same time promotes the Cubs in commercials as well as on the air.

Mike North claims to be a Sox fan because he believes it supports an image of "Friend O' The Working Class" which, of course, he isn't. He's an idiot IMO who's only interested in being controversial so he can get ratings. I would guess he has no true alligiance to either team.

Brian26
04-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Dolgin is on am1000 now! He's a lifelong Sox fan and he's not real interested in the cubs.

He's going to the pre-post today.

Wow....

I heard a little bit of Dolgin on the radio in the car this afternoon. The callers gave him quite a rude awakening. A couple of guys absolutely hammered him, and Dolgin wasn't prepared to defend himself. It was hard to listen to.

jabrch
04-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Wow....

I heard a little bit of Dolgin on the radio in the car this afternoon. The callers gave him quite a rude awakening. A couple of guys absolutely hammered him, and Dolgin wasn't prepared to defend himself. It was hard to listen to.

I only heard the first few minutes - left before he took calls. What happened? Any more details? Why were people hammering him?

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Wow....

I heard a little bit of Dolgin on the radio in the car this afternoon. The callers gave him quite a rude awakening. A couple of guys absolutely hammered him, and Dolgin wasn't prepared to defend himself. It was hard to listen to.I'm sure it took Willsy a while to get the hang of handling hostile callers. He did OK for the first time out of the box.

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I only heard the first few minutes - left before he took calls. What happened? Any more details? Why were people hammering him?It was a :chickenlittle call. The guy was giving him grief because he wasn't ready to cancel the season before opening day.

bobelou72
04-02-2005, 08:33 PM
I heard a Little of the pre and he sounded a little nervous but I'd didn't hear any callers. I think we need to give him a chance We could have Mac doing pre and post for the Sox telling us how GREAT the Indians are and how they will win the division:angry:

jabrch
04-03-2005, 07:51 AM
It was a :chickenlittle call. The guy was giving him grief because he wasn't ready to cancel the season before opening day.

Well good for him. This team is no worse than any other White Sox team we have put on the field the past 7-10 years. It has the chance to be much better with 5 legit starters and McCarthy waiting for a shot. I'm glad Dolgin isn't bailing on the season before we play a game. I hope he quickly learns how to put drillrods like that in their place.

SOXSINCE'70
04-03-2005, 11:30 AM
A 30ish year old North suburban kid (Deerfield) who is a Sox fan? I didn't know there were that many of us!

I'm a 42 year old Sox fan 2 months shy of his 43rd birthday and
I live in Deerfield as well.The fans are out there,they just fly
"under the radar".Kinda like the 2005 Sox.:cool: :cool:

SOXSINCE'70
04-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I heard a Little of the pre and he sounded a little nervous but I'd didn't hear any callers. I think we need to give him a chance We could have Mac doing pre and post for the Sox telling us how GREAT the Indians are and how they will win the division:angry:

Whether or not the Sox win the AL Central,
they will finish better than the 'Toons.:yup: :yup:

JUribe1989
04-03-2005, 12:41 PM
I wanted Difalco to get the job too, but he is going to be the host of the show that will replace Moronotti's time slot from 9-12 I believe it is. He has said he would like to broadcast for baseball some time in the future.

Stroker Ace
04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Has anyone heard him before? I've never listened to a Jackhammers broadcast and I would like to know if he is any good?

TornLabrum
04-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Has anyone heard him before? I've never listened to a Jackhammers broadcast and I would like to know if he is any good?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I didn't like his PBP, but I've heard him do interviews/phone calls on the radio, and he isn't bad. The voice will tell you it's not Dave, though.