PDA

View Full Version : Third Base Coach

SOUTHSIDEPRIDE
03-31-2005, 04:54 PM
I just got back from spring training in Arizona. If Joey Cora continues to make the mistakes he did over the last two weeks the Sox are in for some problems.

The way the team is set up is to win close games.The sox can not afford to loose runs by base running errors directed by Cora.

I will never forget Cora's :dtroll: in the championship series.

Show some pride Cora.

South Side Pride

NSSoxFan
03-31-2005, 04:56 PM
I just got back from spring training in Arizona. If Joey Cora continues to make the mistakes he did over the last two weeks the Sox are in for some problems.

The way the team is set up is to win close games.The sox can not afford to loose runs by base running errors directed by Cora.

Show some pride Cora.

South Side Pride

Relax. Spring Training is a good learning tool for third base coaches to see who can do it and who can't.

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 05:01 PM
I don't remember having a problem with him last year. Anyone else?

DaveIsHere
03-31-2005, 05:02 PM

Negative Ghostrider, no problems last year

chisoxfan64
03-31-2005, 05:05 PM

I think Joey did a very good job last year. I like him. I`m glad to see all the other x-sox players there too.

ja1022
03-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Relax. Spring Training is a good learning tool for third base coaches to see who can do it and who can't.

In terms of defense as well as baserunning. Spring training is an opportunity to test and evaluate your opponents outfield arms as well.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Never was a thread more deserving...
:threadblows:

twsoxfan5
03-31-2005, 06:37 PM
I agree,

:threadblows:

PAPChiSox729
03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Ozzie and his entire coaching staff are going to be aggressive. I really don't have with a problem with it either. This season will hopefully be very exciting.

Nellie_Fox
03-31-2005, 07:10 PM
I like aggressive third base coaches. Joey's fine with me.

beck72
03-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Joey had a very successful year at third last year. Absolutely no problems or concerns here.

SpammySosa
03-31-2005, 07:24 PM
It's not like we have Wavin' Wendell for gosh sakes.Just like with Shammy,it took the Scrubs way too long before they realized how detrimental he was to the team-not that I am complaining.:D:

NowBatting19
03-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Going along with what's been said, I recall during a broadcast that they said Ozzie told Joey to send them as much as possible. I think it was right after the spring game where the Sox had three players thrown out at the plate. I think it might have been Farmer, but I'm not certain. Joey is alright by me too.

Joosh
03-31-2005, 07:37 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2554

JK, I mean...

:threadsucks

Joey's a good 3B coach. I was mad at first too but then, the more I thought, I realized its SPRING TRAINING!

chisox06
03-31-2005, 07:50 PM

Show some pride Cora.

South Side Pride

Oh please :rolleyes:. If people arent willing to judge a player on his Spring Stats, then the 3rd base coach shouldn't even be put into consideration. Joey did a FANTASTIC job at 3rd last year, theres no reason to think otherwise this year.

TheBull19
03-31-2005, 07:52 PM
The sox can not afford to loose runs

I'm with ya there - the sox should be looking to tighten runs, not loosen them.

I'll never be able to forgive him for spending time riling people with stupid comments on internet forums during the ALCS, either.

Great first post, SOUTHSIDEPRIDE!

Gosox1917
03-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Joey Cora is a great fit for this team and with the way this team is headed this season, he will become a very valuable part of our offense on the basepaths. Obviously guys need to get on base first, but Joey did a great job last year guiding them along and I think he'll do fine this season, as well.

skobabe8
03-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Besides getting off to one of the worst starts in message board history,

WELCOME TO WSI :welcome:

YOU MAY NEED A :hug:

TaylorStSox
03-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Why do people have to be berated for having an opinion? If you're not concerned about Cora then state your case and move on. All of the "this thread sucks" jpg.'s are being used way too much. I've noticed a lack of discussion on here lately and I can't help but think that this may be the reason for it. Obviously, it will be limited when the season starts. However, the lack of respect for members is lame IMO.

It's almost as bad as the relentless anti-Cub talk.

On the topic, I agree that Cora had a strong year in 04. With that said, he's had a horrible spring. Whether that amounts to anything remains to be seen. Hopefully it won't continue.

Flight #24
03-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Did no one actually read Ozzie's letter?

The best
way for us to learn the abilities and limits of our
players was to be extra aggressive on the bases. I am
willing to make overly aggressive outs in March to learn
something that might help win a game in September.

Think that might have something to do with learning what guys can do during games that don't actually mean anything? Anyone?

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Did no one actually read Ozzie's letter?

Think that might have something to do with learning what guys can do during games that don't actually mean anything? Anyone?Come on, Flight. You really didn't need to be told that, did you?

TheBull19
03-31-2005, 10:44 PM
All of the "this thread sucks" jpg.'s are being used way too much.

"That's, like, just you're opinion, man."