PDA

View Full Version : **Official** Milwaukee Tailgate Thread 4/2/05

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey gang!

Sorry I am so late in posting this. It's been a busy week and when I went to post it a few hours ago, my internet was down. ph13 was not happy. Anyway, here we go...

I drove to the park and looked for a "lot number', but failed. When you guys exit off 94 onto Miller Parkway, just follow the general parking signs. The only way I can really tell you where I will be is in one of the lots EAST (across Miller Park way) of the ballpark. I will be there at 10am. I don't anticipate many other people than us, so we shouldn't be too hard to find. I am going to bring my small grill and about 3 lbs. of Brats. First come, first serve on the Brats.

What to look for:
Red Jeep Wrangler with a black hard top. I will have my 3x5 Sox Flag flying above.

I am 5'2", brown hair with blonde highlights. If I don't need a jacket, I will have on my road grey Podsednik jersey. If that doesn't help...not to play into stereotypes, but I'm the one that looks like a lesbian. :o: My first name is Val.

Please stop by even if to just say "hi" for a minute.

For those of you going to Friday's game, PM me or start another thread and we will figure something out.

DaveIsHere
03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
If you see a silver magnum drving around aimlessly that would be the wife and me. Oh yeah, since I do onot know any of you personally and you are all Whitesox fans, please do not jump me for my Whitesox away jacket as i know all of you are hoodlums.

In addition, I am thinking of wearing some Cubbie Blue and running around yelling Sox Suck to try and draw Hangar out of hiding:D:

I am looking forward to meeting some of you, though it is weird meeting up with people you don't know, but yall are Sox fans

Iwritecode
03-31-2005, 03:16 PM
I am 5'2", brown hair with blonde highlights. If I don't need a jacket, I will have on my road grey Podsednik jersey. If that doesn't help...not to play into stereotypes, but I'm the one that looks like a lesbian. :o: My first name is Val.

I've got a picture of you from Soxfest. I could stick it on the site if you want and think it might help. :cool:

Edit: Nevermind, there are already a few of you in the photo gallery (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=6) ...

:)

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 03:22 PM
I've got a picture of you from Soxfest. I could stick it on the site if you want and think it might help. :cool:

Edit: Nevermind, there are already a few of you in the photo gallery (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=6) ...

Yeah, I'm about 15 lbs. lighter now. Football will do that to ya'...stupid pads. :wink:

Iwritecode
03-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Check this out (http://brewers.mlb.com/mil/photo/ph_ballpark_map_large.jpg)

It looks like a fairly detailed (although hard to read) map of the park and the surrounding lots. It has different team names for each section of parking.

Maybe this can help you describe where you will be a little bit better. :cool:

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Check this out (http://brewers.mlb.com/mil/photo/ph_ballpark_map_large.jpg)

It looks like a fairly detailed (although hard to read) map of the park and the surrounding lots. It has different team names for each section of parking.

Maybe this can help you describe where you will be a little bit better. :cool:

Cool. Where I was today was the "Mets" area, so I assume that I will be directed to the "Mets" or "Dodgers" area.

HomeFish
03-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Is anything happening April 1?

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Is anything happening April 1?

I'm not so sure about a tailgate because of lack of interest and the weather. Maybe we can meet at the TGI Friday's in the park for BP?

whitesoxwilkes
03-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Cool. Where I was today was the "Mets" area, so I assume that I will be directed to the "Mets" or "Dodgers" area.

We normally park in the premier parking lot (always end up by the Marlins sign for some reason), so this will be our first time navigating the vast barren wastelands.

We'll arrive about 10:30, green Civic. I'm bringing a small grill which you're all welcome to use, as well as some beer, brats, Zweigle's hot dogs (a Western NY delicacy) and my homemade kraut.

Also bringing a glove and ball if anyone wants to play catch.

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 04:14 PM
We normally park in the premier parking lot (always end up by the Marlins sign for some reason), so this will be our first time navigating the vast barren wastelands.

We'll arrive about 10:30, green Civic. I'm bringing a small grill which you're all welcome to use, as well as some beer, brats, Zweigle's hot dogs (a Western NY delicacy) and my homemade kraut.

Also bringing a glove and ball if anyone wants to play catch.

Who knows if those lots that I wrote about will even be open...I guess just go where they direct ya' and find people. :smile:

maurice
03-31-2005, 04:17 PM
We'll try to make it to TGI Friday's for BP on Friday. I'll be off-line between now and then, Val . . . but if you see me around the park, flag me down.

dllrbll7
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
I will be there bright and early on saturday but i have my own group of about 30 people so i will probably be too busy cooking for them to stop by and say hi. I will have a 25' sox flag and a blue canopy if its not too windy. I will probably also be wearing my sox chef coat.

Hangar18
03-31-2005, 04:24 PM
i'll be there, with Brats, Beer and a cooler !

C-Dawg
03-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh well, what the heck, I see the Brewers site still lists tickets available - maybe I'll make the trip up there after all (I was too lazy to take advantage of the free tickets I was offered by the Sox). It'll be good to add Miller Park to the list of stadiums where I've seen the Sox play, if even for an exhibition game. I ought to make that 10AM tailgate time. :gulp: Watch for me, I have an older S10 dark red pickup with running boards and a camper top. I'll have my Road Grey Sox jacket if its cold enough for it.

robertks61
04-01-2005, 07:41 AM
I"ll be looking for everyone around 10. With plenty of beer.....

whitesoxwilkes
04-01-2005, 09:46 AM
i'll be there, with Brats, Beer and a cooler !

If it's sunny, Henry's really easy to spot...the sunlight reflects off his tinfoil hat!

steff
04-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Holy crap.. that's far.. :o:

DrCrawdad
04-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll be at the game tonight with my three ladies...

My wife and our two daughters...

Here's a photo from last years Expos/Marlins game when I took my older daughter.

http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Marlins%20vs%20Expos/Marlins%20vs%20Expos-Images/4.jpg
Ok, I know you said this when you saw my photo. (http://newmail.monsterserve.com/keepout/movies/nerdalert.wav)

Iwritecode
04-01-2005, 12:52 PM

The least you could've done was pick up your litter before taking the picture.

*Note pepsi cup half-hidden in the bushes.

DrCrawdad
04-01-2005, 12:55 PM
The least you could've done was pick up your litter before taking the picture.

*Note pepsi cup half-hidden in the bushes.

I'm no litter bug. Although, if I had thought of it before we snapped the picture I would have picked up the cup.

Did you see the pink Sox hat in the lower left corner? That's my daughter's pink Sox hat. Honest.

Iwritecode
04-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Did you see the pink Sox hat in the lower left corner? That's my daughter's pink Sox hat. Honest.

Well, if she's anything like any one of my daughters, she'll wear a hat for about 2 minutes and then take it off and forget about it. Little girls don't seem to like hats much for some reason.

Although that one would go perfect with either of the two pink Sox outfits I have for my 3-year-old. :D:

Palehose13
04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Holy crap.. that's far.. :o:

It's really not. There is a ped bridge that crosses over 41 and the back entrance to the stadium is right there.

Palehose13
04-01-2005, 03:25 PM
For those of you traveling to Milwaukee adn haven't left yet, here are a few tips:

1. The Marquette interchange (Where 94, 43, and 794 split) is under construction and can be a cluster****. I would get off on National avenue (last exit before interchange, on the bridge) and go West on National until Miller Park Way (43rd Street). Take a right and Miller Park is right there.

2. If you need gas, get it before you get into Milwaukee or right when you leave. Gas is $2.39 right now in the city, but if you get gas off the Ryan Road exit (about 3-4 miles south of the airport), gas is .20 cheaper. I paid $2.19/gal last night.

C-Dawg
04-01-2005, 07:41 PM
For those of you traveling to Milwaukee adn haven't left yet, here are a few tips:

1. The Marquette interchange (Where 94, 43, and 794 split) is under construction and can be a cluster****. I would get off on National avenue (last exit before interchange, on the bridge) and go West on National until Miller Park Way (43rd Street). Take a right and Miller Park is right there.

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I think I'll just take 894 and make the loop around the south and west side to get back onto 94 so I can head east to the park.

rmusacch
04-01-2005, 08:48 PM

2. If you need gas, get it before you get into Milwaukee or right when you leave. Gas is $2.39 right now in the city, but if you get gas off the Ryan Road exit (about 3-4 miles south of the airport), gas is .20 cheaper. I paid $2.19/gal last night.

Did you not make the game?

Erik The Red
04-01-2005, 11:55 PM
I'll try to make it there sometime between 10 and 11. I'll be leaving from the Aurora area with my father and brother hopefullly around 8am, so I hope traffic's not too much of a bitch. Thanks for the tip about the Marquette Interchange, that should shave some time off the trip.

soxwon
04-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Sorry Pale, i talked to you as i was going up there

but we went into town first and got Wings, then we parked north of the park, my friend has a handicap sticker, ran into some friends and never made it to the TAILGATE.

Who showed up from WSI?

whitesoxwilkes
04-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Did you not make the game?

No Ray, she made the game.

I stole her mustard.

Brian26
04-02-2005, 08:01 PM

My wife and our two daughters...

Here's a photo from last years Expos/Marlins game when I took my older daughter.

http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Marlins%20vs%20Expos/Marlins%20vs%20Expos-Images/4.jpg
Ok, I know you said this when you saw my photo. (http://newmail.monsterserve.com/keepout/movies/nerdalert.wav)

Really cool picture!

Palehose13
04-03-2005, 11:03 AM
No Ray, she made the game.

I stole her mustard.

and my plates! :o:

soxwon
04-03-2005, 12:01 PM
IT TOOK US 1 HR to get to milwaukke
tons of cops from racine up, everyone went the speed limit.
fastest it ever took me to get there though

Palehose13
04-03-2005, 12:10 PM
IT TOOK US 1 HR to get to milwaukke
tons of cops from racine up, everyone went the speed limit.
fastest it ever took me to get there though

I live on the south side of Milwaukee (Oklahoma Ave) and my dad's gf lives just off Peterson in Chicago. Without traffic, we usually can get to each other in about an hour.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-03-2005, 12:12 PM
i didnt even make it.

i had 5 tickets, i had 4 guys going for sure 1 was a maybe. friday night i call two of the "for sures" and they said theyd rather stay home and was the illini game.

5 tickets went to waste. but after watching the game, i wasnt as disappointed.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-03-2005, 12:13 PM

I said... why are you littering! pick up that pepsi cup!

awesome pic nonetheless.