PDA

View Full Version : Widger's Arm???

Qdaddy
03-31-2005, 12:57 PM
How's this guys arm??? Is this maybe the reason why they kept him instead Davis besides calling a good game? What do you guys think?

tacosalbarojas
03-31-2005, 01:31 PM
I still think Burke may have been closer to making the team than Davis. Hits like hell and is right handed. I think the Hunter thing really screwed Burke up. He dropped balls at home plate on bang-bang plays twice after the Hunter play - I wonder how much that came in to play. And yeah, Burke's arm is nothing special. I keep waiting on this Francisco Rodriguez kid. I hope he keeps progressing.

wilburaga
03-31-2005, 02:17 PM
I still think Burke may have been closer to making the team than Davis. Hits like hell and is right handed. I think the Hunter thing really screwed Burke up. He dropped balls at home plate on bang-bang plays twice after the Hunter play - I wonder how much that came in to play. And yeah, Burke's arm is nothing special. I keep waiting on this Francisco Rodriguez kid. I hope he keeps progressing.

I seem to recall the ball being on the ground 4 or 5 times last season with Jamie catching on close plays at the plate. I think the Widge kid must have impressed some people at camp.

Also, CW has 50 career home runs, which, while not setting off alarms in the Aaron household, is 50 more home runs than Jamie Burke ever hit.

W

Banix12
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
I've never heard of Widger having a great arm, I've always heard it was average at best. When he first came up his arm wasn't really near average, but over the years it seems to have improved. He calls a decent game, he bats right handed, and he has a bat with a bit of pop. He also blocks the plate pretty well. That's basically why he's around i think. He's not going to be the most impressive player out there. I wonder how far he makes it into the season as part of the team actually.

FightingBillini
03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
I keep waiting on this Francisco Rodriguez kid. I hope he keeps progressing.
:?: K Rod?

maurice
03-31-2005, 03:19 PM
:?: K Rod?

I think he meant Hernandez, who probably will play in A-Ball this year.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 03:24 PM
I think he meant Hernandez, who probably will play in A-Ball this year.They've got a Molina down there. He's not ANOTHER Molina brother, is he?

FightingBillini
03-31-2005, 03:37 PM
They've got a Molina down there. He's not ANOTHER Molina brother, is he?
Im pretty sure the Molinas are like the Wayans. There are at least 13 Wayans I know of.:cool:

tacosalbarojas
03-31-2005, 10:12 PM
I seem to recall the ball being on the ground 4 or 5 times last season with Jamie catching on close plays at the plate.

WTrue dat, wilbur. I believe there were three occasions in total, I remember two distinct occasions after the Hunter mishap...and they were rudimentary chances at that. He seemed gunshy about collisions. Too bad because other than power, the guy can really churn out the bingles. I think Ozzie liked him too, but then again Ozzie couldn't tell Ben Davis he got sent down because he was so broken up about it..

Whitesox029
03-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Im pretty sure the Molinas are like the Wayans. There are at least 13 Wayans I know of.:cool:
Them and the Sutters of hockey. All but one I believe have had an affiliation with the blackhawks at some time or another. but anyway: :hijacked: