PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com Daily Quickie

skottyj242
03-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I just looked at ESPN.com daily quickie and he made his predictions for the upcoming baseball season. His World Series is the Flubs over the Twins. Question: If this were to happen, who would you root for? Would you even watch at all? I myself wouldn't. Here's the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/quickie

ChiSoxRowand
03-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Twins, no doubt about it.

gosox41
03-31-2005, 05:30 PM
I just looked at ESPN.com daily quickie and he made his predictions for the upcoming baseball season. His World Series is the Flubs over the Twins. Question: If this were to happen, who would you root for? Would you even watch at all? I myself wouldn't. Here's the link:

The only way I'd root for the Cubs is if it benefitted the Sox. In this case I'd probably not watch the Series.

Bob

owensmouth
03-31-2005, 05:39 PM
The best thing about the daily quickie is the mute button

balke
03-31-2005, 05:41 PM
I didn't even click the link, but whoever said the world series will be Twin-Cubs is smokin LSD. He should have his Communications degree revoked.

Soxzilla
03-31-2005, 07:11 PM
I didn't even click the link, but whoever said the world series will be Twin-Cubs is smokin LSD. He should have his Communications degree revoked.

C'mon, it's an opinion.

And it isn't completely asinine. Both of the teams mentioned have done more than the Sox in the past two years than the Sox have done in the past four.

To answer the question, the Twins.

PAPChiSox729
03-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Definitely Twins. I cannot stand the Cubs at all. The Twins fans are nearly as bad but they are a lot farther away. It would be a tougher decision if it were Indians vs. Cubs. Still, I would root Cleveland. But that is a scenario I don't want to think about!
:(:

WikdChiSoxFan
03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd root for the apocalypse.

ondafarm
03-31-2005, 08:00 PM
I'd leave the country.

Come to think of it, I'd probably embroil myself in the Japan Professional Baseball Series. The Dragons won the Central last year but blew it in the Series.

hosieryofthegods
03-31-2005, 11:22 PM
If there was an option in the poll for a shotgun to the back of my throat, I may have voted.:D:

fuzzy_patters
03-31-2005, 11:28 PM

I only hate the Twins because they are in the Sox division. I don't hate their fans or anything. I would definitely root for them in the WS over the Cubs.

FightingBillini
04-01-2005, 12:12 AM
I only hate the Twins because they are in the Sox division. I don't hate their fans or anything. I would definitely root for them in the WS over the Cubs.
And just think, when the World Series actually does roll around, both those teams and their fans will be sitting at home cursing the White Sox.:cool:

skottyj242
04-01-2005, 10:25 AM

Just so you know you don't smoke LSD.

balke
04-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Just so you know, if you're picking a Twins-Cubs World Series, you've gotta be crazy enough to smoke anything.

skottyj242
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
I didn't pick anything.

balke
04-01-2005, 10:38 AM
"You're" in an "anyone" sense.

Foulke You
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Twinkees vs sCrubs? Yikes...that would be horrible. If I were forced to pick one, I would say Twins. They are American League, they are in our division, and their fans are tucked away in another state while chirping Cub fans would be unbearable.

Still though, that apocolypse option would look pretty good too.:cool:

ChiSoxBobette
04-01-2005, 11:41 AM

I would'nt even pay attention, I might root for a natural disaster to hit ie earthquake, tornado, terrorist attack(preferably while both those scrub teams are up in minnesota, of course if that does happen it may be a while before anyone knows the twinkies ballpark has been blown up).

Whitesox029
04-01-2005, 12:44 PM
That's easy, the Twins. Not only are they farther away but they aren't as bad as Cubs, Tigers, Royals or Indians fans. If it was any of those three teams vs the Cubs I would still root against the Cubs.

fledgedrallycap
04-01-2005, 12:47 PM

I think once your most fierce, repected opponent beats you outright; you should cheer them on. How great would it be to have an AL Central team beat out those inflated payroll teams out East & West.

Plus, I usually will root for the AL in the series anyway.

Sad
04-01-2005, 12:50 PM

I was fixin' to say... :?:

fledgedrallycap
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM

Add this to the list: Drug Police :D:

Stroker Ace
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM

If this were to ever happen, I would pray for the apocalypse.

rdwj
04-01-2005, 01:23 PM
I usually pull for the AL Central team in the playoffs - so the Twins are an easy pick.

DSpivack
04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
And death is not an option?