PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Levin ripping Hawk

MARTINMVP
03-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Anyone know about this? I heard about it on ESPN 1000... I think a caller said something like "big props to Levine for ripping a new one into Hawk." That is all I heard about it. I heard this Wednesday on the Silvy and Carmen show. Anyone know what happened?

mantis1212
03-31-2005, 11:01 AM
I think he's talking about when Bruce and a caller were discussing Hawk comment which went something like "KW is the best GM in the American League."
Bruce basically called Hawk a brown-noser for it. Hawk does say some questionable things, but Bruce Levine's opinion is worthless to me...

Brian26
03-31-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm losing more and more respect for Levine every time he opens his mouth.

ChiSox14305635
03-31-2005, 11:25 AM
:hawk

In today's Pick to Click, Robin and DJ are going with Joe Crede, & Jay Mariotti, Billy Beane, Bruce Levine, & I are going with Aaron Rowand.

ChiSoxBobette
03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
I think he's talking about when Bruce and a caller were discussing Hawk comment which went something like "KW is the best GM in the American League."
Bruce basically called Hawk a brown-noser for it. Hawk does say some questionable things, but Bruce Levine's opinion is worthless to me...

Bruce Levine = WORTHLESS
The guy is just auditioning for a scrub job, how in gods name can someone like Levine call someone else a brown-nose. He should be the next to go from wmvp,espn radio the flagship station of the White Sox, Yeah , Right!

GO WHITE SOX

Gammons Peter
03-31-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm losing more and more respect for Levine every time he opens his mouth.
Why did you ever respect him. He is and always has been a card carrying cub lover

SoxWillWin
03-31-2005, 11:42 AM
It sounds to me like bruce is trying to go the way of MORONotti. Maybe he listened to too much of his show before it got sacked.

:moron "You didn't know? Bruce Levine has been my apprentice for weeks now."

NonetheLoaiza
03-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Let's see...the Wes Helms "Rumor", the Ben Davis trade rumor, and his constant Cubs-Love-Fest...this guy can say whatever he wants, because he has little to no more credibility. He is the last person to be calling into question other people's credibility. Bruce...I look forward to those updates on ESPN...because at least I know whatever rumor you're spouting is not true. All Levine is to me is a poor man's Boston Gammons.

Hangar18
03-31-2005, 11:57 AM
I dont have a problem with Bruce Levineline telling a caller KW isnt the best
GM in the American League, but it seemed to be more than that.
I heard that yesterday too, and the Cub fan caller said he was tired of
Hawk and was glad that Levineline "called" him out. Wish I heard
what the hullabaloo was about. Anyone notice how the Media never
called Harry for being a brown-nosed sellout when he was on the northside?
Or Santo for that reason?

FightingBillini
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Anyone notice how the Media never
But Santo is loved and embraced by all of Chicago. He symbolizes Chicago baseball.

LVSoxFan
03-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Well let's be real here: Hawk is a brown-nose.

How good Kenny is will be a good topic for discussion after this season. I'm all for what he did, don't get me wrong, but after four seasons (?) the time for excuses begins to expire.

I remember being at Soxfest this year when Kenny, Ozzie and Hawk were onstage taking questions. Kenny and Ozzie came off well, but at one point Hawk said--to our amazement--something along the lines of "Well, even though the Sox didn't get it done last year (2004), one thing you can't deny is that each Sox team has been better than the one the year before."

Even the most hardcore of us openly guffawed at that (much hilarity ensued at the back of the room), and I thought: what a buttlick.

Having said all that, I don't mind him as announcer at all. But hell no would he ever do a Steve Stone, IMO, no matter how bad we got.

Over By There
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Bruce must have lost his medicine or something because he's been bad lately. Unabashed Cubbie loving, bad info, and moronic opinions.

I've traditionally not had a big problem with Bruce because it's usually seemed that he gives the Sox a fair shake, but I've turned much more skeptical about him.

SoxWillWin
03-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Bruce must have lost his medicine or something because he's been bad lately. Unabashed Cubbie loving, bad info, and moronic opinions.

Maybe he's got an undetected brain tumor. Who knows. :dunno:

faneidde
03-31-2005, 12:21 PM
I love Hawk, but calling KW the best GM in the AL is laughable. I don't blame Levine for calling him out on it. I didn't hear the whole comments, and if Levine said anything more I'll change my opinion, but this doesn't sound like a case of media bias against the Sox. I'd bet he would have said the same thing if someone called Hendry the best GM in the NL, especially with that Braves guy Schuerholz or whatever.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 12:24 PM
I love Hawk, but calling KW the best GM in the AL is laughable. I don't blame Levine for calling him out on it. I didn't hear the whole comments, and if Levine said anything more I'll change my opinion, but this doesn't sound like a case of media bias against the Sox. I'd bet he would have said the same thing if someone called Hendry the best GM in the NL, especially with that Braves guy Schuerholz or whatever.Right. Hawk's the only brown-nosing homer announcer in baseball. He deserves to be called out on it.:rolleyes:

DaleJRFan
03-31-2005, 12:31 PM
ya know, I have been keeping my mouth shut on the whole Bruce Levine / Cublove argument but I feel like I have to say what think on the topic.

Here is why we at WSI are starting to dislike Levine:

"Accused" Frank Thomas of taking steroids simply by saying "Do we know for fact that Frank Thomas didn't take steroids?"
Stated on the air that Kenny Williams is not the best General Manager in baseball.
Hawk Harrelson is a brown-noser.
Said that he thought Wes Helms would be a good fit for the Sox and trading Willie Harris was an option.
Stated that Ben Davis would be traded
We at WSI interpreted these statements as:

Frank Thomas took steroids and is lying to us about it
He hates Kenny Williams for not acknowledging his superior GM skills
He hates all Sox fans for dissing our Sox-fanatic leader, Hawk
Doesn't know anything about baseball and has no credibility because Ben Davis wasn't traded (yet)
First of all, I don't think that Frank Thomas ever took steroids. But I don't know this for fact. I agree with Bruce Levine that we shouldn't assume that he didn't. This isn't to say that we should suspect him, but I haven't been in Thomas' presence 24x7 over his career, so I don't know if he did or didn't, for fact. Look, we all know that Frank didn't take steroids, but we weren't around him during his workouts, so we DON'T know for fact that he has never taken steroids. That is all Levine was saying.

Second, Kenny Williams isn't the best GM in the AL. We all know this. We all also know that Hawk, as much as we love him, is the biggest KW / JR ass-kisser in Chicago. This is a fairly simple observation and Levine pointed this out. No big deal. Hawk rules and I love the guy, but he is to Sox fans as Santo is to Cub fans. Sox fans hate Santo, Cub fans hate Hawk.

Third, Bruce made a simple observation about the Sox needing a second option at 3B behind Crede. In his opinion Wes Helms was a good fit. He DID NOT say that it was confirmed that the Sox and Brewers were working on this trade and it would be announced later in the day. It was simply something he thought was good option since Milwaukee needed a leadoff hitter and could use Willie Harris.

Forth, Ben Davis hasn't been traded yet. As I understand it, he has not accepted his AAA assignment yet. If he doesn't he could become a free agent or still could be traded.

Why do we hate Bruce Levine and accuse him of losing his credibility? I still like what he has to say because he is honest. Whether or not you disagree with what he says, recognize and respect the fact that he is honest.

SoxWillWin
03-31-2005, 12:39 PM

You don't know how I interpret a damn thing. I understand what you're saying. But just give us your opinion don't try to tell US what we're thinking, please. I wouldn't assume to make a statement as to how you interpret information. It's speculative, insulting, and counterproductive in a forum like this. Not trying to offend, just a pet peeve.

Jjav829
03-31-2005, 12:50 PM
ya know, I have been keeping my mouth shut on the whole Bruce Levine / Cublove argument but I feel like I have to say what think on the topic.

"Accused" Frank Thomas of taking steroids simply by saying "Do we know for fact that Frank Thomas didn't take steroids?"
Stated on the air that Kenny Williams is not the best General Manager in baseball.
Said that he thought Wes Helms would be a good fit for the Sox and trading Willie Harris was an option.

Doesn't know anything about baseball and has no credibility because Ben Davis wasn't traded (yet)
First of all, I don't think that Frank Thomas ever took steroids. But I don't know this for fact. I agree with Bruce Levine that we shouldn't assume that he didn't. This isn't to say that we should suspect him, but I haven't been in Thomas' presence 24x7 over his career, so I don't know if he did or didn't, for fact. Look, we all know that Frank didn't take steroids, but we weren't around him during his workouts, so we DON'T know for fact that he has never taken steroids. That is all Levine was saying.

Second, Kenny Williams isn't the best GM in the AL. We all know this. We all also know that Hawk, as much as we love him, is the biggest KW / JR ass-kisser in Chicago. This is a fairly simple observation and Levine pointed this out. No big deal. Hawk rules and I love the guy, but he is to Sox fans as Santo is to Cub fans. Sox fans hate Santo, Cub fans hate Hawk.

Third, Bruce made a simple observation about the Sox needing a second option at 3B behind Crede. In his opinion Wes Helms was a good fit. He DID NOT say that it was confirmed that the Sox and Brewers were working on this trade and it would be announced later in the day. It was simply something he thought was good option since Milwaukee needed a leadoff hitter and could use Willie Harris.

Forth, Ben Davis hasn't been traded yet. As I understand it, he has not accepted his AAA assignment yet. If he doesn't he could become a free agent or still could be traded.

Why do we hate Bruce Levine and accuse him of losing his credibility? I still like what he has to say because he is honest. Whether or not you disagree with what he says, recognize and respect the fact that he is honest.

Thank you. Seriously. Thank you. You said what I wanted to say but I didn't have to type it all.

I didn't hear the comments Levine made, but what's the big deal? Hawk is a brown-noser. Most people here would admit as much. If you have ever listened to Hawk, and I think nearly everyone here has, you know this much. But because Levine says it, it is wrong? I don't know what context this came in. If he came on with breaking news saying Hawk is a brown-noser, fine. Otherwise, I don't see the big deal. And as far as Kenny being the best GM in the AL, there isn't even a slight case for this. I don't even think you can make a case that KW is the best GM in the division, much less the entire AL.

People also need to realize that he is going to be wrong a lot of times. It's part of being an insider. Some things you hear are right, some are wrong. But it's part of his job to report what he gets from his sources. And just because something turns out to be wrong, that doesn't mean it wasn't discussed. Kenny might have been, and probably was, shopping Davis around for a while. But he might not found a match, so they sent him down. Maybe he had a trade with one of these teams that acquired a back-up catcher recently but the other team backed out because they found an option they liked better. Who knows.

Dub25
03-31-2005, 12:55 PM
:hawk

In today's Pick to Click, Robin and DJ are going with Joe Crede, & Jay Mariotti, Billy Beane, Bruce Levine, & I are going with Aaron Rowand.

Don't forget the spin Meister's Boers and Bernstein.

Jjav829
03-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Don't forget the spin Meister's Boers and Bernstein.

Hawk has made up with them, so you won't hear any more of that this year.

ChiSoxBobette
03-31-2005, 12:56 PM
I dont have a problem with Bruce Levineline telling a caller KW isnt the best
GM in the American League, but it seemed to be more than that.
I heard that yesterday too, and the Cub fan caller said he was tired of
Hawk and was glad that Levineline "called" him out. Wish I heard
what the hullabaloo was about. Anyone notice how the Media never

Thats his opinion about KW and thats fine but to call Hawk a brown noser, why, maybe thats Hawks opinion. It seems to be fine if you're a scub rah rah guy but the minute theres someone on radio ,or god forbid, TV thats a White Sox fan that supports the team they're labeled brown noser ,gee and by Bruce Levine who if he's not a brown noser nobody is. I've been a White Sox fan a loooooong time and sometimes its great to hear somebody rah , rah, for the White Sox . Especially after this whole spring training and listening to espn radio & TV you would'nt even think there was a White Sox team. I think having Hawk supporting the White Sox when he's given air time on other stations is fantastic. I wish there was more sports media people who were White Sox fans but I guess they're all trying to be politically correct and say they're scrub fans.

GO WHITE SOX!

DaleJRFan
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
You don't know how I interpret a damn thing. I understand what you're saying. But just give us your opinion don't try to tell US what we're thinking, please. I wouldn't assume to make a statement as to how you interpret information. It's speculative, insulting, and counterproductive in a forum like this. Not trying to offend, just a pet peeve.

I am deeply sorry that you would be offended and insulted by an internet message forum.

Jerome
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Ummmm, I know that Hawk is worshiped around here, but it's obvious in this situation that Bruce LeVineline was right. Hawk to me is just a giant advertisement for the White Sox. KW the best GM in the American League?

Take a moment to think about how stupid that statement is. Now double the stupidity when you realize that a MLB broadcaster actually believes that and wants to make that opinion known to the general public.

Statements like this are what makes me turn the volume down and turn the radio on.

(Or even, God forbid, hit the SAP button on my remote last year:(:)

BRDSR
03-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Maybe he's got an undetected brain tumor. Who knows. :dunno:

Haha. Boy would we all feel bad if that were the case. Assuming its not, however, I don't particularly care for the man. That said, I also don't think he's the worst baseball coverage in the town.

RichFitztightly
03-31-2005, 01:12 PM

Whoa Cochise,
I think you're off a little bit on the pulse of why "we here at WSI" dislike Levineline.

First of all, there's almost Zero evidence of Frank Thomas connected in anyway with steroids. In fact there's quite a bit of evidence that he has never had anything to do with steroids. There is absolutely no reason to even imply that Frank may have possibly at one time done steroids because we can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he didn't. He should realize that it's impossible to prove a negative statement. What he said on the topic is no different than if I said, "Many people who molest children are in a position to be around children, especially under-privileged children. Mark McGuire has a charity to help abused children. How do we know McGwire is not a child molester?" It's a stupid comment to make and has no basis in fact and essentially goes against all evidence to the contrary.

Second, I have no problem with him saying that about Kenny Williams. It's his opinion. His tone of the point may leave a little to be desired, but I don't listen to him so I don't care.

Third, I got no problem with him calling Hawk a brown-noser. It would help his credibility a bit if he also called out some other brown-nosers, namely himself.

Fourth, Trading for Wes Helms is absolutely the stupidest idea I've heard. I'm not against him voicing his opinion a possible upgrades for the Sox, but gracious me, if he thinks Wes Helms is the guy to upgrade the lineup, then holy cow... I have some up-graded land in Florida for him, with lots of area for swimming.

Fifth, I have absolutely no problem with this what so ever. This is the one redeemimg quality on this list. He heard about a possible trade idea and reported it. It was more in the sense of him using that info to refute another trade idea that was bandied about.

I think this is more on the pulse of what WSI is thinking regarding Levineline.

mantis1212
03-31-2005, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=DaleJRFan]First of all, I don't think that Frank Thomas ever took steroids. But I don't know this for fact. I agree with Bruce Levine that we shouldn't assume that he didn't. QUOTE]

Um no, we should assume that he didn't. He's earned that by being the most outspoken player against steriods since years before testing even began.

Levine's creditibility is hurting in my book not only because his info is crap most of the time, but those guys on ESPN1000 treat him like a god!! I mean geez, he gets his butt kissed by MJH much more than KW/JR. "Best in the business" my ass.

I still remember the day after KW traded for Freddy Garcia, Mac asked him "What are the chances of the Sox signing his to an extension sometime soon?"

Bruce: "I'd say the chances are nil Mac" as he snickers at the possiblity that KW could pull that off.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 01:21 PM
...there's almost Zero evidence of Frank Thomas connected in anyway with steroids.What do you mean "almost"?:wink: Otherwise, you're right on the mark all the way down the line.

HITMEN OF 77
03-31-2005, 01:27 PM
I've heard everyone rant on Hawk about what he said about KW and being the best GM in the LA, but no one has said a name about who's better? Given the funds KW has to play with, who is better?

spawn
03-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Levine is entitled to his opinion. In this case, he is right. Hawk is a brown-nose, as has been affirmed here by other posters. The problem I have with Levine saying this, and someone else here has mentioned it as well, that the North Siders have two brown-nosers in their radio booth. Has Levine called them out as well? I always thought part of being an announcer for any sports team is you have to kiss a little management butt. Hawk is a little over the top about KW being the best GM in baseball. But did Levine really need to embarrass him by calling him a suck up on the air? On the Sox flagship station?

RichFitztightly
03-31-2005, 01:28 PM
What do you mean "almost"?:wink: Otherwise, you're right on the mark.

I was actually conflicted with whether or not to include the word "almost." The only reason I kept the word in there was because if I didn't I could very easily see some Jamoke responding with, "HE WAS HITTING 700 FOOT BOMBS WITH A 1.500 OPS...IF YOU DON'T CALL THAT EVIDENCE..." or some crap like that, not that it's going to stop anybody anyways. That's my reason.

DaleJRFan
03-31-2005, 01:29 PM
I was actually conflicted with whether or not to include the word "almost." The only reason I kept the word in there was because if I didn't I could very easily see some Jamoke responding with, "HE WAS HITTING 700 FOOT BOMBS WITH A 1.500 OPS...IF YOU DON'T CALL THAT EVIDENCE..." or some crap like that, not that it's going to stop anybody anyways. That's my reason.

Didnt he hit a 750 foot home run when they were messing around with aluminum bats?? Wish I coulda seen that!

Jerko
03-31-2005, 01:29 PM
I don't like him because he seems to be Chicago's "baseball guy" by default, he's on every baseball oriented radio show there is, he's on espnnews every time wood or Proir farts, and IMO he abuses his air time with rumor after unfounded rumor, just to hear himself talk it seems. Levine, be RIGHT for once and maybe the people will lay off. VERY irresponsible journalism. It's like he knows he's the only guy on the air and he can say whatever he wants and won't be called on it. Give me a mic and put me on the radio; I can make stuff up too.

RichFitztightly
03-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Didnt he hit a 750 foot home run when they were messing around with aluminum bats?? Wish I coulda seen that!

I didn't see that, but I did see Rowand hit the bottom of the 2tone light up scoreboard in left field on a bounce off the concourse one day when they were messing around with aluminum bats.

NonetheLoaiza
03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
I've more got issues with Bruce coming out and saying those things about a Wes Helms trade, and the Ben Davis trade. Hawk is a brown noser, and I didn't hear the exact quote, so I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but it just made me a little upset at first. He has opinions, and they are often misinterpreted, but when he says so and so will be traded by the end of today, and it doesn't happen, nor look like it is close to happening, he loses credibility in my eyes.

PatK
03-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Funny, Hawk is a brown noser for calling the KW the best GM in baseball.

Yet all I hear from what seems like EVERYONE in the sports media in this town is how Jim Hendry is such a great manager.

Hawk at his worst in no more of a brown noser than Chip Caray was and those douchebags they've hired to replace him and Stoney.

DaleJRFan
03-31-2005, 01:50 PM
I've more got issues with Bruce coming out and saying those things about a Wes Helms trade, and the Ben Davis trade. Hawk is a brown noser, and I didn't hear the exact quote, so I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but it just made me a little upset at first. He has opinions, and they are often misinterpreted, but when he says so and so will be traded by the end of today, and it doesn't happen, nor look like it is close to happening, he loses credibility in my eyes.

I agree to a certain extent. I'd wager that as the White Sox spokesperson, more or less, you do have to take every opportunity to talk up the team.

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 03:48 PM
I've heard everyone rant on Hawk about what he said about KW and being the best GM in the LA, but no one has said a name about who's better? Given the funds KW has to play with, who is better?

Thank you. For the budget KW has to work with, I think he is a damn good GM. Imagine what he could do with a 100+ mil payroll.

SoxWillWin
03-31-2005, 03:53 PM
I am deeply sorry that you would be offended and insulted by an internet message forum.

typical

Jjav829
03-31-2005, 04:00 PM

Billy Beane for one. And I'm nowhere near a FOBB, but you have to give him his props. Terry Ryan. If we're going to factor payroll, then I'd be interested in seeing what Allard Baird could do with a payroll the size of the Sox. Regardless of their payroll, you still have to give Bill Stoneman, Brian Cashman and Theo Epstein their due. John Hart deserves some consideration, too. Sorry, Kenny has no argument for being the best in the AL. Like I said, he's not even the best GM in the division.

DaleJRFan
03-31-2005, 04:13 PM
typical

nice response. typical of what?

faneidde
03-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Billy Beane for one. And I'm nowhere near a FOBB, but you have to give him his props. Terry Ryan. If we're going to factor payroll, then I'd be interested in seeing what Allard Baird could do with a payroll the size of the Sox. Regardless of their payroll, you still have to give Bill Stoneman, Brian Cashman and Theo Epstein their due. John Hart deserves some consideration, too. Sorry, Kenny has no argument for being the best in the AL. Like I said, he's not even the best GM in the division.
I agree. I don't think he's the worst GM or anything, but Billy Beane has been to the postseason a few more times than KW with a bit smaller of a payroll. Actually, I think Hitman77 was onto something when he mistyped AL and put LA. Until the Angels moved, I'd take KW over that DePodesta guy who made that outrageous trade for Brad Penny. But now that Anaheim claims LA, KW is back to #2 in LA.

mantis1212
03-31-2005, 05:06 PM

Cashman gets no due in my book. ANYONE can do what he's done. Jeter for $18MM? Kevin Brown for $16MM? Arod for $22MM? $11MM closer in Rivera? What a swindler!

Epstein isn't much better, just less obvious.

Lip Man 1
03-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Two more names...Walt Jocketty and the best GM in the business the Braves John Schuholz (those 12 straight titles have to count for something and remember he took the Royals to the playoffs as well in the mid 80's.)

Lip

DrCrawdad
03-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Funny, Hawk is a brown noser for calling the KW the best GM in baseball.

Yet all I hear from what seems like EVERYONE in the sports media in this town is how Jim Hendry is such a great manager.

Hawk at his worst in no more of a brown noser than Chip Caray was and those douchebags they've hired to replace him and Stoney.

Thank you very much!

The issue here, as I see it, is that Bruce LeVineLine reports are tilted by his being a Cubbie fan.

When has LeVineLine EVER called a Cubbie broadcaster a brown-noser? NEVER!

LeVineLine is one of the people who calls Hendry a great GM.

The other day on Talking (Cubbie) Baseball, I heard LeVineLine say that Dusty is the best Cubbie manager of the past 30 years. The question I have for LeVineLine is, in the past 30 years which Cubbie teams have been better than Dusty's Cubbie teams?

The issue to me isn't if LeVineLine is right or wrong on Hawk. The issue is show the same outspoken objectivity in your reports on the Cubbies.

LeVineLine, you would probably say that you have, but here's another question for you, what did you say on the air about Ed Lynch when he was Cubbie GM?

LeVineLine, it can honestly be said that you're not a Cubbie brown noser. Why? Because you're buried to your shoulders in the Cubbies collective butts.

PS LeVineLine thanks for not answering my email where I asked you how much time you spent in Mesa and Tucson.

Jjav829
03-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Two more names...Walt Jocketty and the best GM in the business the Braves John Schuholz (those 12 straight titles have to count for something and remember he took the Royals to the playoffs as well in the mid 80's.)

Lip

Well the questions was AL GMs. If we expand it to include NL GMs, then Schuerholz and Jocketty are certainty at the top of the list, possibly one and two. We'd also have to include Sabean, Towers and Hendry (and Omar Minaya).

SoxWillWin
03-31-2005, 06:45 PM
nice response. typical of what?

If you don't know it's not MY place to tell you. And yes I did feel insulted by you "attempting" to comment on what "WE here at WSI" think. As I said I understand the point of your message, but it's obvious that while you want your opinion respected you have no respect for anyone elses. Furthermore the fact that your response to my comment (which I believe does not personally attack you in anyway) was just another insult disguised with the words I'm sorry in it. But since were "reading minds here" your next response will be another attempt to make me appear to be an overly sensitive schmuck who shouldn't care about what is said about me in an "online message board". Your opinion and your welcome to it. I respect that. and any further comment from me would be pointless so I'm done with you....MOVING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB98
03-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Thank you very much!

The issue here, as I see it, is that Bruce LeVineLine reports are tilted by his being a Cubbie fan.

When has LeVineLine EVER called a Cubbie broadcaster a brown-noser? NEVER!

LeVineLine is one of the people who calls Hendry a great GM.

The other day on Talking (Cubbie) Baseball, I heard LeVineLine say that Dusty is the best Cubbie manager of the past 30 years. The question I have for LeVineLine is, in the past 30 years which Cubbie teams have been better than Dusty's Cubbie teams?

The issue to me isn't if LeVineLine is right or wrong on Hawk. The issue is show the same outspoken objectivity in your reports on the Cubbies.

LeVineLine, you would probably say that you have, but here's another question for you, what did you say on the air about Ed Lynch when he was Cubbie GM?

LeVineLine, it can honestly be said that you're not a Cubbie brown noser. Why? Because you're buried to your shoulders in the Cubbies collective butts.

PS LeVineLine thanks for not answering my email where I asked you how much time you spent in Mesa and Tucson.

Baker is the best Cubbie manager in the last 30 years. Heh Heh....

You mean Jim Essian didn't get the nod? :D:

Lip Man 1
03-31-2005, 10:10 PM
JB98:

As a matter of fact Essian didn't do a bad job. He took over in 91 when the Cubs were off to their typical start 5-22!!! LOL. Under him they were only four games under the rest of the way.

Lip

RKMeibalane
03-31-2005, 10:33 PM
I think Bruce Levine needs to shut up. Who's with me?

DrCrawdad
03-31-2005, 11:02 PM

Me.

DrCrawdad
03-31-2005, 11:17 PM
JB98:

As a matter of fact Essian didn't do a bad job. He took over in 91 when the Cubs were off to their typical start 5-22!!! LOL. Under him they were only four games under the rest of the way.

Lip

Baker is the best Cubbie manager in the last 30 years. Heh Heh....

You mean Jim Essian didn't get the nod?

The Cubs and Cub fans ran Don Baylor out on a rail, but the question that I've put to Cub fans is who was handed better teams Baylor or Baker? The answer is Baker. Well what has Baker done? One division title (88-74) and then a third place finish (89-73). So, does that qualify Baker as the best Cub manager? I don't think so. Last years Cub team should have easily won the WC in spite of the injuries.

LeVineLine is a Cubbie fan given the privilege of covering the team he adores. Great for him. Just drop the pretense that LeVineLine is covering both teams equally.

I'd call in to LeVineLine to ask him about his coverage, and the time spent in each camp this spring. But no doubt I'd get silently dropped and then he'd simply use the occasion to blast Sox fans, like me. Bruce, I'm sure you're reading this, so answer my email and answer directly.

Give us a breakdown on how much time you spent in Tucson with the Sox and Mesa with the Cubs. We're only talking about month or so of activity. You should be able to answer, unless you don't like what the answer reveals.

SouthBendSox
04-12-2005, 01:44 PM
dont mess with Levine

he's solid

Mickster
04-12-2005, 01:54 PM
dont mess with Levine

he's solid

Whatever you say, Bruce.

:kukoo:

Rocklive99
04-12-2005, 01:58 PM
LMAO, who's the brown noser? Did anyone hear Levine at SoxFest in the Reinsdorf interview? He was doing so much butt kissing JR could have sued him for sexual assault.

He's probably just sour because he's battling Hawk to see who can become heir to JR.

HITMEN OF 77
04-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Whatever you say, Bruce.

:kukoo:

LMAO..

hdog1017
04-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Levine wouldn't know a legit trade rumor if it was stapled to his nose.

ma_deuce
04-12-2005, 04:24 PM
LMAO, who's the brown noser? Did anyone hear Levine at SoxFest in the Reinsdorf interview? He was doing so much butt kissing JR could have sued him for sexual assault.
:reinsy

"Its true. And there was a 'tread mark' on his tongue to prove it!"

Realist
04-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Do we know for a fact that Bruce Levine isn't a crossdresser or that he doesn't beat his wife?

kevingrt
04-12-2005, 09:09 PM

He doesn't need to give his opinions all he needs to do is report the facts and trades and such his opinions aren't needed. Funny thing is, is when he is on with Looney on Talkin' Baseball he never rips the Sox anymore then Looney does.

Captian Ron
04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
I said it before in another thread we should boycott the media. Nobody listen, reads, then nobody has a job. Say good bye to Mack, Jurko, And Harry. Say good bye to Moronatti, and Bruce Cubvine. Man what a great world that would be.:D::gulp:

Fake Chet Lemon
04-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I called WSCR when Hawk was on to RIP Jerry Manual a couple of years ago. I made my points, then he made JM out to be the best manager in the history of the game, and EVERYTHING was the players fault. Then Ozzie gets hired and he starts to backhandedly rip Manual and everything is Ozzieball. Don't get me wrong, I love Hawk and his enthusiasm when we are winning. My 2 and 3 year old have all of his phrases down and I love it. But if you listen to him for OBJECTIVE White Sox analysis you are clueless. Maybe not his fault, as it's his JOB to promo and sell the product. He's basically a cheerleader. And I have absolutely no use for Levineline.

Stroker Ace
04-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I've lost the remainging shreds of respect for Levineline.

Bobbo35
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
It really seems like this year Levine is doing a lot more reporting for the Chubs and less for the Sox. Must be looking for a job in the Chubs inner circle of insanity. He is becoming annoying like moronoti was.

Something toward that topic, but man do I wish Willsie was still with us on 1000. There is no fire with this new guy. What do you guys think?

Fake Chet Lemon
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM

Billy Beane had help from B.A.L.C.O.

Tragg
04-13-2005, 10:44 PM

Billy Beane is an incessant self-promoter, which immediately turns me off. But, despite that, I fail to see any compelling moves that he has made. He had 3 great starters that carried them and his big aquisition is high-salary Kendall, while letting homegrown talent sign elsewhere. Now maybe he's a superb drafter - perhaps he is. But otherwise, I don't see much. Oh and HE could have traded for Beltran last year, instead of letting him go to the Astros -Beane wouldn't even rent him for a year. Great, he swindled Williams on the Durham rent. Add him to their pitching, and we may not be listening to Boston-NY BS 24 hours a day. Nice move, Billy.

Epstein - what has he done? He has a huge payroll and signs curt schilling. He basically gives Nomar to the Cubs to rid the Bosox of a cancer. Mighty clever, that Theo. Without pedro, we'll see where they go - my guess is life and death for wildcard at best (our division might get it this year).

I'd take Cashman over Epstein, but, again, with that payroll....

Hendry - here's another one. Okay, he was given Nomar. I still shake my head at their 3rd baseman for 11 million (one good season). He's never been able to address their weakspots: no closer, thin pen, no second basemen, no catcher. I'll give him credit for PR - he has everyone thinking that the Cubs' Garland who can strikeout a bunch is a top of the rotation starter (Wood; Prior is the real deal - Wood is not), and that a team that loses their top 2 RBI men and replaces them with career stiffs and doesn't improve their pitching staff (gets worse) is suddenly a world series contender.

Williams isn't the best, but he's no worse than most of them. At least from a trading/signing standpoint, within budget limitations. Drafting and handling the minors is something else, about which I just don't know.