PDA

View Full Version : Bitter Billy Koch rips the Jays

Baby Fisk
03-31-2005, 10:03 AM
linky (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/03/30/976773-sun.html)

We asked Koch, released five days ago by the Blue Jays, if he was going to play with another team.

"Nope," the relief pitcher said firmly.

"I'm going to make the Toronto Blue Jays pay every cent of my salary."

The Jays are on the hook for Koch's $950,000 US salary. If a team had an injury and needed an arm, it could add Koch at the prorated major-league minimum of $320,000.

"To be released after four outings? What's four outings in the spring? Nothing," Koch said. "They can pay my gas money for my car, they can pay to fill up my 240-gallon tank for my 30-foot Pursuit, they can gas up my jet boat and our three jet skis."

The Racehorse
03-31-2005, 10:27 AM
The next day, Koch pulled up in front of the school and a child yelled 'Billy Ball Player, Billy Ball Player, are we still going to the game next week?'

"Not only are we going," Koch said, "but I'll be sitting with you and we'll be holding up signs reading 'Go Devil Rays!' "

Two things:

1. Here's hoping Billy Koch can somehow hook up with someone and find the strike-zone. :gulp:Billy is a stand up guy [Good Luck, BK!] :cool:

2. I hope they all say hi to Lee Elia! :D:

NonetheLoaiza
03-31-2005, 11:08 AM
Billy Koch isn't afraid to tell it like it is, and that is a plus about his personality. If he could locate the strikezone, and keep the velocity respectable, he would be one of the most feared pitchers in the Majors. Like many people have said numerous times before, Billy is indeed a stand-up guy, and I wish him the best of luck in resurrecting his career.

HITMEN OF 77
03-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Billy Koch isn't afraid to tell it like it is, and that is a plus about his personality. If he could locate the strikezone, and keep the velocity respectable, he would be one of the most feared pitchers in the Majors. Like many people have said numerous times before, Billy is indeed a stand-up guy, and I wish him the best of luck in resurrecting his career.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I really think he's and honest and caring player, which is a rarity in the majors today.

mike squires
03-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Can't really say we were saying these nice things about him when he was with us.

HITMEN OF 77
03-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Can't really say we were saying these nice things about him when he was with us.

That's true, I think a few people were giving him credit though for taking all the blame after tanking it on the mound during the game. Most of us were to caught up with losing and him blowing the lead to give him credit for anything.

balke
03-31-2005, 11:55 AM
If he could locate the strikezone, and keep the velocity respectable, he would be one of the most feared pitchers in the Majors.

If I could locate the strikeout zone and keep the velocity respectable, would I be one of the most feared pitchers in the majors too? :tongue:

PatK
03-31-2005, 12:29 PM
I admire him for taking the blame like he would, but after a couple of times, it gets old.

SoxxoS
03-31-2005, 12:36 PM

Insert my name for Billy Koch and it still works.

Banix12
03-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Here's to the american dream! Cashing a upper six figure paycheck while sitting on your butt at home doing nothing!

And taking the money from Canada no less...

Unregistered
03-31-2005, 02:03 PM
If I hear one more person call this walking paycheck a "stand up guy," I'm going to throw up all over myself. :smile:

skottyj242
03-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Here's to the american dream! Cashing a upper six figure paycheck while sitting on your butt at home doing nothing!

And taking the money from Canada no less...

Do they pay him in American dollars?

Baby Fisk
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
If I hear one more person call this walking paycheck a "stand up guy," I'm going to throw up all over myself. :smile:
You'll notice my absence of gooshy compliments. It might be a good time to test drive a certain new tag... :cool:

Unregistered
03-31-2005, 02:30 PM
You'll notice my absence of gooshy compliments. It might be a good time to test drive a certain new tag... :cool:http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629

(no idea what you're talking about :D: )

ChiSoxRowand
03-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Do they pay him in American dollars?

yea

marlins03
03-31-2005, 03:06 PM
**** Koch

daveeym
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle: :yup: **** Koch

dickallen15
03-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Billy Koch and stand-up guy should never be in the same sentence. This guy is a dufus. He got $11 million from the White Sox the past 2 seasons, and was horrible, so what does he do? He fires his agent, the guy that got him those 11 million when he had no right to be on a major league baseball field. You watched his performances, how could he blame anyone but himself for them? Oh yeah, the guy walked out on the Marlins the last month of last season with "personal issues". I am sure those personal issues didn't keep him from collecting and cashing huge paychecks for that time period. He miraculously gets almost $1 million guaranteed from the Blue Jays, who realize early nothing has changed and he won't be able to get anybody out, so they release him giving him a chance to hook up with another team. You often hear players complain they were released late, therefore not giving them an opportunity to hook up with other teams. Now Billy, being the "stand-up guy" that he is, is saying he's not pitching this season. Not because he no longer has the skills necessary to get major league hitters out, not because no other team will offer him even a minor league contract, but because he wants the Blue Jays to be on the hook for the entire contract he signed. What a stand-up guy. His career is over, no team will ever guarantee this bum any money again.

StillMissOzzie
03-31-2005, 06:13 PM
:yup: :thumbsup: Billy Koch and stand-up guy should never be in the same sentence. This guy is a dufus. He got $11 million from the White Sox the past 2 seasons, and was horrible, so what does he do? He fires his agent, the guy that got him those 11 million when he had no right to be on a major league baseball field. You watched his performances, how could he blame anyone but himself for them? Oh yeah, the guy walked out on the Marlins the last month of last season with "personal issues". I am sure those personal issues didn't keep him from collecting and cashing huge paychecks for that time period. He miraculously gets almost $1 million guaranteed from the Blue Jays, who realize early nothing has changed and he won't be able to get anybody out, so they release him giving him a chance to hook up with another team. You often hear players complain they were released late, therefore not giving them an opportunity to hook up with other teams. Now Billy, being the "stand-up guy" that he is, is saying he's not pitching this season. Not because he no longer has the skills necessary to get major league hitters out, not because no other team will offer him even a minor league contract, but because he wants the Blue Jays to be on the hook for the entire contract he signed. What a stand-up guy. His career is over, no team will ever guarantee this bum any money again.

Being a stand-up guy is one thing, being a stand-up guy behind a series of crap performances is another. Seeya, BK

SMO
:gulp:

gosox41
03-31-2005, 06:35 PM
linky (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/03/30/976773-sun.html)

I didn't read the link, but based on the quote it looks like no one is calling to offer Billy Boy a job.

I wonder why?

Bob

The Racehorse
03-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Since I used the "stand up" guy reference first in this thread, I won't shy away from it...

... when Koch was throwing his gasoline while with the SOX, I don't recall him whining about it in the media, though I may have missed it. Considering what the SOX gave up to bring him in, Koch had a lot of pressure to perform, and he failed miserably. But again, I don't recall him blaming anyone but himself...

... anything beyond that I tune out, be it his agent situation or his friends tattoo [of his name]. If others find that compelling, hey no problem with me...

... I think it's great Koch is taking all those kids to the DRays game on Opening Day. :cool: