PDA

View Full Version : Sox officially announce 2005 promotions

FightingBillini
03-31-2005, 01:20 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050330&content_id=980596&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Pretty good promotions for this year. Pan-American Night is back. They are also have Motown night, Mullet Night, Elvis Night, Ratpack Night, and they are celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Beatles playing at old Comiskey. As they announced before, the Sox will wear '59 throwback unis for the June 18 game agaisnt the Dodgers.
Probably the best day is June 22 - "Nothing but Nancy Day" where there will be no canned music whatsoever.:bandance:

Half Way to St. Patrick's Day will be on the 9th instead of the 17th, but the Sox will wear green pinstripe jerseys and green hats. That should be sweet.
Also, Mondays are still half priced, and Tuesdays are 2 for 1 UD seats. Also new, they are having 12 "win a jersey wednesdays", which is nice.

HomeFish
03-31-2005, 01:42 AM
Nothing But Nancy day should excite a lot of the purists here.

I myself am looking forward to Mullet night. I may fashion my hair into such a style just for that event.

Whitesox029
03-31-2005, 02:57 AM
Nothing but Nancy night sounds like an idea spawned from certain e-mails to Brooks Boyer from certain WSI members. Good job guys!

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-31-2005, 03:34 AM
The green pinstripe jerseys sound pretty cool. Kids these days are pretty lucky as well, free jerseys?!? OH well, they only get plastic bats now! Back when I was younger, the Sox gave out real wooden bats. I still have all of mine! :D:

mike squires
03-31-2005, 08:08 AM
Mullet night but now bobbleheads. Thad Sux!!! I loved going on bobblehead day so I can keep my office decorating up to date. :angry:

Nothing but Nancy is awesome and should be an everyday promotion. I hope she does Run Around Sue after pitching changes and the Alabama song during rallies just for old time sake. But the turnover may be too great from the last time she played those...

NonetheLoaiza
03-31-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm stoked for Nancy day. That is going to be one great game.

jabrch
03-31-2005, 09:01 AM
June 22 was not in my 13 game package (it is KC sandwiched between the Dodgers and the Cubs) but I think I am going to have to buy single game tickets for that.

Nothing but Nancy? That ROCKS! I'm wondering if Brooks took a queue from the fans on that one?

That could be...well...awesome!

skottyj242
03-31-2005, 09:08 AM
I am totally stoked for mullet night. Last year for halfway to St. Pat's day they didn't wear the green so I'm looking forward to that.

Hitmen77
03-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Nothing but Nancy night sounds like an idea spawned from certain e-mails to Brooks Boyer from certain WSI members. Good job guys!

This should further embolden us to send even more e-mails to Brooks!

Just kidding - I agree, I think it's great that he's listening to fans. Contrast that with his predecessor who told Nancy that most fans hate her.

Hitmen77
03-31-2005, 09:14 AM
The Cubune had a quick blurb on the Beatles tribute and a few of the other nights:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0503310106mar31,1,4955132.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Brian26
03-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Is the bobblehead promotion dead? :(:

Brian26
03-31-2005, 10:03 AM
I hope she does Run Around Sue after pitching changes and the Alabama song during rallies just for old time sake. But the turnover may be too great from the last time she played those...

Yeah, those were the good old days. I remember that Alabama song too...good stuff.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 10:11 AM
June 22 was not in my 13 game package (it is KC sandwiched between the Dodgers and the Cubs) but I think I am going to have to buy single game tickets for that.

Nothing but Nancy? That ROCKS! I'm wondering if Brooks took a queue from the fans on that one?

That could be...well...awesome!It's actually Nothing but Nancy DAY. June 22 is a day game. Plenty of good seats still available.

mantis1212
03-31-2005, 10:16 AM
Nothing but Nancy Day is the best idea they've come up with- I think I'm gonna make it to that one... The Mullet Night, however, is just asking for ridicule.

Hitmen77
03-31-2005, 10:32 AM
It's actually Nothing but Nancy DAY. June 22 is a day game. Plenty of good seats still available.

Yes, I saw that. I work downtown and I'm thinking of taking a 1/2 day vacation time off to go to this game.

Sox fans, this is our real chance to get our message across. Alot of us have been complaining for years about the demise of Nancy's music in favor of annoying canned music. We'd be sending a strong message that we want to hear more of Nancy Faust if we had a strong turnout on 6/22. We'd be speaking with our pocketbooks and that's the only language JR understands.

(hey, my 100th post!)

ewokpelts
03-31-2005, 10:55 AM
and people say emailing brooks was bad!
Gene

ewokpelts
03-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Is the bobblehead promotion dead? :(:
bobbleheads are passe now in promotions...i think nesting dolls are the new bobblehead....the sox overall seem to be getting away from hand outs ...less thsi years than last year or 03...as long as we dont go the cubs route with sratch off cards for everything(i like the wed idea for game used jerseys however)
Gene

ewokpelts
03-31-2005, 11:00 AM
Nothing but Nancy Day is the best idea they've come up with- I think I'm gonna make it to that one... The Mullet Night, however, is just asking for ridicule.hmmm...sox game with mullet night...the media or flub fans will say that's EVERY NIGHT.....
Gene

mike squires
03-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Mullet night,, huh? Well, let's just hope it's not the 200's version of Disco Demolition...:)

nasox
03-31-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm bringing a sign to the game that says "Let Nancy Play...Everyday" or maybe "Play it Nancy" I am stoked for that game. That may be the first I go to this year due to school

mike squires
03-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if we got a good crowd for that game and at some point maybe when they announce it is Nancy Faust day or perhaps after the seventh inning stretch we give her a 2 minute standing ovation to salute her. If I'm at that game I will be sure to go to her booth a request a few of the "classics."

nasox
03-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if we got a good crowd for that game and at some point maybe when they announce it is Nancy Faust day or perhaps after the seventh inning stretch we give her a 2 minute standing ovation to salute her. If I'm at that game I will be sure to go to her booth a request a few of the "classics."

We should do a WSI meet that day.

HITMEN OF 77
03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Can't wait for the Dodger series. TBC uni's, fireworks and Miller Lite cap's, what more can you ask for?

The Racehorse
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
If I could make it, it would be the Nothing but Nancy night. What a great evening to take a date to... warm summer evening, SOX on the field & Nancy on the organ. :cool:

Also, the '59 turn back the clock weekend series against the Dodgers would be great to see with the return of Manos... beat L.A.!

PatK
03-31-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm going to TBC against the Dodgers, it's gonna be sweet.

I've been growing my hair out just to see what will happen (had a buzz cut for about 7-8 years), and I'm thinking of rocking a mullet for Mullet night.

Realist
03-31-2005, 01:25 PM
I got Elvis Night, Pan-Am Night and Nothing but Nancy Day tickets. I'm thinking about taking my 86 years young grandmother to Nancy Day. It's also Seniors walk the bases day, but I don't think I've ever seen my grandma walk. She always seems to be running. :smile:

If the Nothing but Nancy thing takes off, maybe the Sox can offer it as a once a month or even a once a week thing. There's already kids' days on Sundays, half-price Mondays and Tuesdays, dollar dog Thursdays and fireworks on Saturdays. Maybe they can make every Wednesday Nothing but Nancy games, or at least the first Wednesday of the month.

bafiarocks03
03-31-2005, 01:41 PM
no Photo Day!??:(:

ChiSoxRowand
03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Nothing but Nancy Day is the best idea they've come up with- I think I'm gonna make it to that one... The Mullet Night, however, is just asking for ridicule.

Mullet night is a bad idea. Scrubs fans and the media will have a field day with it.

irish rover
03-31-2005, 01:47 PM
I think that photos may also be incorp with Kids days

FightingBillini
03-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Mullet night is a bad idea. Scrubs fans and the media will have a field day with it.
Maybe we would have a "drunken fratboy/get hammered and never pay attention to the game/jump and cheer for every pop-up like its a homer/shoot people outside the park and piss on lawns after the game" night. Do you think the media would pick up on that?:cool:

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Maybe we would have a "drunken fratboy/get hammered and never pay attention to the game/jump and cheer for every pop-up like its a homer/shoot people outside the park and piss on lawns after the game" night. Do you think the media would pick up on that?:cool:June 24-26