PDA

View Full Version : Rennovations Photos...hello, anybody here?

scottyl
03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
What's the deal with the official site not updating the rennovation photos since March 8?

FightingBillini
03-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah, that upsets me, too. Especially because this is the time when the most progress is being made. I went to the park last week Monday, and it looked pretty much the same as in the March 8 pictures. I went inside at around noon, and there were guys working, but not as many as expected. There were guys working inside and outside the park on the FUNdamentals area, but I couldnt see the scout seats because I was right behind homeplate, and that area is lower than the regular seats.

Oh well, I guess we will have to wait until Monday.

BeerHandle
03-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Yeah, that upsets me, too. Especially because this is the time when the most progress is being made. I went to the park last week Monday, and it looked pretty much the same as in the March 8 pictures. I went inside at around noon, and there were guys working, but not as many as expected. There were guys working inside and outside the park on the FUNdamentals area, but I couldnt see the scout seats because I was right behind homeplate, and that area is lower than the regular seats.

Oh well, I guess we will have to wait until Monday.

I think they are doing this to add some suspense. I was hoping they would have updated it, but it is all about marketing. I'm sure there will be an official ceremony to open the fundamentals and they would rather wait to showcase it.

Monday it is unless someone who works at US CELL posts some new pictures on this site.

BigEdWalsh
03-31-2005, 09:43 AM
What's the deal with the official site not updating the rennovation photos since March 8?

:yoohoo:
Hi Scotty. I'm here. :D:

HITMEN OF 77
03-31-2005, 11:45 AM

Maybe they want it to be a big surprise on opening day? They might have gotten more work done than had been planned? There will be plenty of photos on here on Monday afternoon I'm sure.

NSSoxFan
03-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Watch the Sunday night sports shows on NBC, FOX, and WGN. In the past three years that we have had renovations done, the news always shows the park the day before.

skobabe8
03-31-2005, 10:49 PM

This has absolutely driven me :kukoo: :angry: the last couple of weeks. Ive been checking multiple times per day. Someone, please help me!

Sad
04-01-2005, 08:07 AM
have they been working on Fundamentals into the night(s)?

Guy I work with who lives on South Side said the lights have been on at night at US Cellular all week...

CubKilla
04-01-2005, 01:16 PM

Guy I work with who lives on South Side said the lights have been on at night at US Cellular all week...

Yes. Looks like it's going to come down to the wire. They are setting up the ribbon boards too. Those were flashing a few nights ago.

Like I said, I will reserve judgment on Romper Room until I see it. But from the outside, it looks terribly out of scale to everything else in the ballpark. It's much bigger looking that I thought it would be..... and that's just from the back.

CHISOXFAN13
04-01-2005, 01:19 PM

I drove home from the Bulls game around 10:30 last night and workers will still on the scene.

Also, good news for those worried about the 35th street ramp on the Dan Ryan. It will re-open Sunday.