PDA

View Full Version : ESPN ignores SOX again, Will Broadcast Opener from Wrigleyville

Hangar18
03-30-2005, 05:26 PM
This is getting pretty old, ESPN going out of their way to send their
"marquee" morning team, those know-nothing jackwags Mike and Mike,
to broadcast the cub home opener from Murphys Bleachers, advertising this
(on the SOX flagship station, how ironic), yet they wont be doing this
for the White Sox.

Unregistered
03-30-2005, 05:28 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

thepaulbowski
03-30-2005, 05:29 PM
This is getting pretty old, ESPN going out of their way to send their
"marquee" morning team, those know-nothing jackwags Mike and Mike,
to broadcast the cub home opener from Murphys Bleachers, advertising this
(on the SOX flagship station, how ironic), yet they wont be doing this
for the White Sox.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention, the Cubs have much more of a national following than the White Sox. But that being said....

:whocares

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
:whocares
I'll be enjoying the GAME, not listening to these two idiots..

Hangar18
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Maybe you haven't been paying attention, the Cubs have much more of a national following than the White Sox. But that being said....

Hmmmmmm, I wonder how that happened?

Rocky Soprano
03-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Just worry about the Sox.

Lip Man 1
03-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Hangar:

Certainly not defending the Cubs however they have made the playoffs twice in the past seven years, nearly got to the World Series and have a payroll with name recognition.

Lip

zach074
03-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Does this surprise anyone?

sti3
03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Mike and Mike blow anyway. *snooze*.

Kogs35
03-30-2005, 08:24 PM
they've done it every year they have been on air except 2001

robertks61
03-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Hope we fly under the radar and take this thing!

veeter
03-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Hangar:

Certainly not defending the Cubs however they have made the playoffs twice in the past seven years, nearly got to the World Series and have a payroll with name recognition.

Lip That 1998 playoff appearance was hardly impressive as the Giants fell apart and handed the wild card to them. And with the Cubs payroll they've underachieved.

PAPChiSox729
03-30-2005, 08:57 PM
I have more important things to worry about then about having Mike and Mike broadcast the opener from U.S. Cellular.

Rocklive99
03-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Their payroll is overrated, they have the ability to spend much more, and have passed on big name free agents such as Thome, Pudge, Tejada, Giambi, Urbina, Percival, etc, nobody ever really questions them though, and a lot of their talent has come through trade and the farm, so I guess it's more of them not spending their money wisely. They usually settle for less capable players (Burnitz), and it shows up in the standings. The moneyball/smaller market strategy is apporpriate for some teams and can work, but if you have the money you should spend it. See: Boston. [/end drunken rant]

DVsoxfan
03-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Their payroll is overrated, they have the ability to spend much more, and have passed on big name free agents such as Thome, Pudge, Tejada, Giambi, Urbina, Percival, etc, nobody ever really questions them though, and a lot of their talent has come through trade and the farm, so I guess it's more of them not spending their money wisely. They usually settle for less capable players (Burnitz), and it shows up in the standings. The moneyball/smaller market strategy is apporpriate for some teams and can work, but if you have the money you should spend it. See: Boston. [/end drunken rant]

You left out the fact that they have an incompetent manager who, despite the fact that LaTroy Hawkins SUCKS as a closer, is gonna put him out there as the closer in 2005 rather then try someone new. This is the same manager who puts a career pinch hitter....Todd Hollandsworth....as the starter in left field rather than go with a solid LF prospect in Jason Dubois, or a proven scrappy player like Jerry Hairston. Oh...and did I mention that this same man chooses Corey Patterson to lead off....rather then the a speedy contact guy like Jerry Hairston. But I guess he doesnt want people on base for Ramirez and D Lee...:?: . They'd probably be a lot better team if Dusty didnt screw up the lineups and run the starting pitching into the ground day in and day out. Or if he had the balls to take a risk with the lineup and try something different, or try a new closer for craps sake...cuz it wouldnt hurt. Soooo...even if Hendry did get a big name guy like Beltran etc....Dusty would find a way to screw it up. Oh well, im glad we don't have sir dufus dusty baker as our manager. Ok im done now..........

Lip Man 1
03-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Veeter:

But the point is they still got there didn't they? It doesn't matter if you walk to it, run, trip, stumble, fall or crawl... just get there.

Lip

CubKilla
03-31-2005, 12:34 AM
Veeter:

But the point is they still got there didn't they? It doesn't matter if you walk to it, run, trip, stumble, fall or crawl... just get there.

Lip

Then anything can happen!!!!! :rolleyes:

cheeses_h_rice
03-31-2005, 10:53 AM
In other words... :whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner:

The Racehorse
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Golic's big behind in Wrigley's creaking bleachers? Lookout!

thepaulbowski
03-31-2005, 11:50 AM

*yawn*