PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportline AL Central Analysis

mack10zie
03-30-2005, 02:10 PM
I understand that most people in the media don't give the Sox much of a chance to win the division this year, but I find it odd that when CBS Sportsline does AL Central "All-Division" teams we find that there are 7 White Sox who make the list, 6 Twins, 5 Indians, 5 Tigers, and 1 Royal. It would seem by this logic that they would at least get some sort of mention as legitimate contenders. If our players are so good (according to this list) then why is it that nobody thinks we will be able to compete with the Twins or Indians?? Or even the Tigers in some cases??? I don't get it. Like I said, I understand why many people don't expect much from us, but given this "All-Division" list it seems counter intuitive for this same source to think they will be so mediocre. What's the deal?

Oh, and I know it doesn't matter what people predict and I don't really care if everyone picks us to be last in the entire American League, but I just found this to be odd.

James
03-30-2005, 02:13 PM
I understand that most people in the media don't give the Sox much of a chance to win the division this year, but I find it odd that when CBS Sportsline does AL Central "All-Division" teams we find that there are 7 White Sox who make the list, 6 Twins, 5 Indians, 5 Tigers, and 1 Royal. It would seem by this logic that they would at least get some sort of mention as legitimate contenders. If our players are so good (according to this list) then why is it that nobody thinks we will be able to compete with the Twins or Indians?? Or even the Tigers in some cases??? I don't get it. Like I said, I understand why many people don't expect much from us, but given this "All-Division" list it seems counter intuitive for this same source to think they will be so mediocre. What's the deal?

Oh, and I know it doesn't matter what people predict and I don't really care if everyone picks us to be last in the entire American League, but I just found this to be odd.
Im a Tigers fan, and I think everyone is severely underrating your pitching staff.

RKMeibalane
03-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Im a Tigers fan, and I think everyone is severely underrating your pitching staff.

Welcome aboard! :redneck

James
03-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Welcome aboard! :redneck
Glad to be here, just dont slam me too bad when you guys rock Jason Johnson 3-4 times this year...:smile:

Tekijawa
03-30-2005, 02:22 PM
the only thought that I could have would be see the 2003-2004 Lakers... Although don't think that is the case for the White Sox. I can't wait to Chant Gammons and the rest of the media who is underating us, out of our stadium late in October!

Lip Man 1
03-30-2005, 06:16 PM
If the Sox are lucky it'll be Gammons. With their luck that boob Chris Berman will probably be the guy so he can again rip Sox fans like he did in the 9th inning of Game #2 of the 2000 ALDS for leaving in droves when they were coming up down three or four runs.

Lip

santo=dorf
03-30-2005, 06:26 PM
If the Sox are lucky it'll be Gammons. With their luck that boob Chris Berman will probably be the guy so he can again rip Sox fans like he did in the 9th inning of Game #2 of the 2000 ALDS for leaving in droves when they were coming up down three or four runs.

Lip
Last year Lou Canelis of CLTV mentioned that Berman told him that the White Sox had the worst fans in baseball because they booed the Twins, Royals, Cubs All-stars, and Jerry Manuel at the ASG back in 2003.

I wonder what Chris thinks of his native Boston fans for booing Clemens back in 1999 or the Astros fans booing the Cubs and Jimy Williams last year. :rolleyes:

Corlose 15
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
To say that you're concerned about the back of the Sox rotation, and then to list the Tiger's rotation as a strength is an absolute joke.

Foulke You
03-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Glad to be here, just dont slam me too bad when you guys rock Jason Johnson 3-4 times this year...:smile:

If the last few years are any indication, we have our work cut out for us against the Tigers. On paper, we should have handled the Tigers easily but they have been a huge thorn in our side the past couple years and our performance against them certainly cost us the division title in 2003 so until we start beating them regularly, we can't thump our chests at you too much. BTW, welcome aboard.:cool:

Spicoli
03-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I started a thread early this morning about this same thing...but it was poorly titled and nobody replied:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47329

But my sentiments exactly. They rank our pitchers high, yet the place us low. When we were an all hit, no pitch team, they chant "pitching wins"; now we have a better staff and defense and they chant, "they traded away their power!" Hypocrites!

PAPChiSox729
03-30-2005, 08:16 PM

Welcome!
:welcome:

balke
03-30-2005, 08:36 PM
To say that you're concerned about the back of the Sox rotation, and then to list the Tiger's rotation as a strength is an absolute joke.

"Jeremy Bonderman is looking to have a Ben Sheets type season remember?"

That still gets me. He looks good, but come on, he's barely a Garland for now.

I still don't know why people in this town are so high on Hermansan. I hear all positives, but I think we paid a lot just to fill out the bullpen, not necessarily to upgrade it. There's going to be a lot of depth in our pen, but I can understand people thinking Detroit and the Twins Pens trump ours for sure.

santo=dorf
03-31-2005, 02:20 AM
"Jeremy Bonderman is looking to have a Ben Sheets type season remember?"

That still gets me. He looks good, but come on, he's barely a Garland for now.

I still don't know why people in this town are so high on Hermansan. I hear all positives, but I think we paid a lot just to fill out the bullpen, not necessarily to upgrade it. There's going to be a lot of depth in our pen, but I can understand people thinking Detroit and the Twins Pens trump ours for sure.

The Twins have a very good bullpen, but I still like ours.
Detroit is another story. Even thought it's an odd-numbered year, Farnsworth is still a headcase, Urbina's velocity is down and he had an ERA well over 5 on the road last season, and Percival is no longer the pitcher he used to be and can't stay healthy. Those 3 guys are costing the Tigers more than $12 million this season :rolling: