PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle: Rusty but pain free

voodoochile
03-30-2005, 09:19 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0503300326mar30,1,6200318.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Mark Buehrle was rusty Tuesday, but healthy enough for the White Sox to move closer to deciding on their Opening Day roster.

Buehrle showed no signs of a sore left foot that had sidelined him since March 19.

He did, however, show the effects of a nine-day layoff in a 4-3 loss to Colorado at Hi Corbett Field.

Buehrle needed 90 pitches to get through five innings. He scattered eight hits but missed often with inside pitches to the Rockies' right-handed batters.

"No pain, everything went fine," Buehrle said in quelling fears that he could miss up to six weeks with what was originally diagnosed as a fracture he thought he'd sustained shagging balls in batting practice on March 20. "I was up in the [strike] zone more than I wanted to be. I'm not worried about it on Opening Day."

Can we now put this crap behind us?

PAPChiSox729
03-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Great news. Knowing Buehrle, that rust should be off by Opening Day. I can't wait!

:D:

delben91
03-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Great news. Knowing Buehrle, that rust should be off by Opening Day. I can't wait!

:D:

If I recall, that article mentioned that Mark was going to have a bullpen session later this week (Friday?) So that should help in the rust area as well.

Bring on April 4th!

veeter
03-30-2005, 11:56 AM
90 pitches in 5 innings. That's a typical start for Wood and Prior. That should get Mark some notice with the media. Unfortunately MB will go back to his usual 90 pitches in 7 innings, which is far too boring for the writers.