PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from the transaction wire

Banix12
03-30-2005, 03:54 AM
On Tuesday..

Brewers release Pitcher-OF Brooks Kieschnick. Former cubs #1 draft pick and the guy the sox converted to a pitcher in the minors. Won his first major league game on $1 hot dog/Randall Simon Bat night. I game which I was at.

Nationals assign Jon Rauch and Gary Majewski to AAA affiliate.

K.C. assigns Ken Harvey, Jimmy Gobble, and Kyle Snyder to AAA. Assigned Aaron Guiel to minor league camp. The Harvey demotion proving once and for all that he should not have been an all star last season.

The cubs decide to bolster their pen by acquiring Cliff Bartosh, a guy who couldn't make the Indians pen.

Red Sox reaquire Mike Myers, who the refused to sign at the end of last season.

ESPN round up page (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2024357)

PAPChiSox729
03-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Nationals assign Jon Rauch to AAA affiliate.

What?! I thought he was going to be the Nationals ace? Afterall, he struck out 13 in an Olympics game. We shouldn't have let him get away.
:rolleyes:

Fungo
03-30-2005, 10:40 AM
From Rotoworld...

Wilson Valdez (http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=7421) - Shortstop
Mets claimed infielder Wilson Valdez off waivers from the White Sox.
Valdez entered the spring with a better chance of claiming a job than Pablo Ozuna, but his hopes faded as Ozuna hit everything in sight. The Mets won't keep him on their major league roster, so he'll be back on waivers again later this week. They'll assign him to Triple-A Norfolk if he clears next time through.

NonetheLoaiza
03-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Could the White Sox potentially reacquire Valdez, or is there a rule against it (as I would think there would be)?

Ol' No. 2
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Could the White Sox potentially reacquire Valdez, or is there a rule against it (as I would think there would be)?I would have thought there would be a rule against claiming a guy off waivers and then waiving him again a week later. But he's still out of options, so if the Sox were to re-claim him, he'd have to be waived again, whereupon the Mets could re-claim him, etc., etc., etc. Valdez could be piling up frequent flier miles pretty fast.

maurice
03-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Can't he refuse the assignment and become a FA? There're are plenty of good IF positions still available at Charlotte.

:cool:

Brian26
03-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Assigned Aaron Guiel to minor league camp.

:farmer

"What's his name?"

:rooney

"Aaron GYYYYLe"

:farmer

"Thank You."

Ol' No. 2
04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Wilson Valdez waived by Mets and claimed by Mariners today.

Banix12
04-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Wilson Valdez waived by Mets and claimed by Mariners today.

He's got a good head start on trying to visit all 30 major league teams this season.

4 teams in less than a year, nice.

balke
04-01-2005, 05:53 PM
OH NO! Chalk up another Sox All-Star taken in by the M's. Shucks. Fooled again! :wink:

santo=dorf
04-01-2005, 06:27 PM
4 teams in less than a year, nice.
Must be a clubhouse cancer.

Mickster
04-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Must be a clubhouse cancer.

I heard he kicked Herm Schneider in the gonads....

FightingBillini
04-01-2005, 09:29 PM
The cubs decide to bolster their pen by acquiring Cliff Bartosh, a guy who couldn't make the Indians pen.
:o:
That's like dating a girl who wasn't attractive enough to be on "The View".

SoxFan76
04-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Wait....since when does Ken Harvey suck?

RKMeibalane
04-01-2005, 10:19 PM

The Royals must be tired of his clumsiness. This is the same guy who kept hurting himself by running into the tarp at Kaufman Stadium. Harvey's a good hitter, but he's an idiot.

Banix12
04-02-2005, 10:00 AM

Basically since right after last season's all star break, which he hit under .250 after I beleive.

He was only an all-star last season because Beltran got traded to the Astros and they needed a body. I gotta think if Beltran had still been around Konerko would have been the backup firstbaseman last season. Should have been the starter and Harvey should have been the backup but Giambi's .200 average was just sooo impressive that fans voted him in.