PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Milwaukee

Olivo4MVP
03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm having trouble finding a hotel for Friday. Where's a good place to stay that is near Miller Park?

Thanks

brewcrew/chisox
03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm having trouble finding a hotel for Friday. Where's a good place to stay that is near Miller Park?

Thanks

we booked three rooms here

linky (http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=50023&disablenav=)

rwcescato
03-29-2005, 11:40 PM
we booked three rooms here

linky (http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=50023&disablenav=)

My family is staying at the Embassy suites for $190 for 2 nights.
Not bad. It includes breakfast in the morning and 2 hours of happy hour drinking both nights. You have to buy it on the internet to get the best rate. I believe its about 10 minutes from the park.
Rich

MIgrenade
03-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Fair warning if you don't know the area: being close to the park can mean being in a bad neighborhood. Almost anywhere in Milwaukee is close to the park because its a small city.
Also, there is a LOT OF CONSTRUCTION going on around Marquette interchange which can mean delays and a lot of closed exit ramps. Miller Park Way is not affected but access to the city is. This is just a heads up because if you don't know the area you may want to avoid places on Wisconsin Avenue. National Avenue should be fine if you're at the Best Western, but that area gets shaddy fast.
Just figure I'd let you know.

RockRaines
03-30-2005, 11:08 AM
We are staying at the wyndam downtown. Its supposed to be near some nice bars for the night out.

Palehose13
03-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Fair warning if you don't know the area: being close to the park can mean being in a bad neighborhood. Almost anywhere in Milwaukee is close to the park because its a small city.
Also, there is a LOT OF CONSTRUCTION going on around Marquette interchange which can mean delays and a lot of closed exit ramps. Miller Park Way is not affected but access to the city is. This is just a heads up because if you don't know the area you may want to avoid places on Wisconsin Avenue. National Avenue should be fine if you're at the Best Western, but that area gets shaddy fast.
Just figure I'd let you know.

:?: I am assuming that you are talkng about the Marquette area and not the exact area that the park is in.

Stay downtown or on the southside. Most of the "bad" areas of Milwaukee are on the northside. Like he said, Milwaukee isn't very big so it isn't necessary to stay near the park (besides, there really isn't much around the park anyway). Everything in Milwaukee is only 10 minutes away and traffic is a joke. :wink:

maurice
03-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Stay downtown or on the southside. Most of the "bad" areas of Milwaukee are on the northside.

Milwaukee? I thought these sentences referred to Chicago. :cool:

Hangar18
03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Im staying at the Four Points Sheraton Milwaukee Airport.
Says its a 3+ star hotel, right on Layton. Is that a cool area
Palehose13? Is it close enough to the downtown bars?

TheBull19
03-30-2005, 10:47 PM

Thanks

Madison:cool:

cwsfannick
03-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Staying at the Marriott in Waukesha. Debating on whether or not to stay over on Saturday night. I was hoping that the Illini would be the second game on Saturday, but this isn't the case.

irish rover
03-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Though it says I live in Bridgeport, we just recently moved to Kenosha WI when I got back from Iraq

Thus I've spent some time up there in MIL

The Wyndom is in a nice location which is only a couple of blocks from the Water St bar area plus there are others in the area

Hyatt is near by

So is the Hilton

The airport area is ok but is a bit of a distance from downtown, approx I'd say 7 miles, and 15 from the stadium

I travel alot in my job so I stay at Marriotts

There is a Marriott Courtyard in downtown(courtyards are nice hotels) I checked for the 1st and the price ranges from $124-164

There is a Marriott Residence Inn also downtown( these are nice due to they have kitchens) prices I checked $109-179 april 1st
Approx 5 miles west of the park(Brookfield) is a Marriott Courtyard,79-126, Residence Inn $95-129, Townplace suites $64-109, april 1st all three are right off I-94

maurice
03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
There is a Marriott Courtyard in downtown

This is where we're staying Friday night.

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Im staying at the Four Points Sheraton Milwaukee Airport.
Says its a 3+ star hotel, right on Layton. Is that a cool area
Palehose13? Is it close enough to the downtown bars?

You're about 5 minutes from my house. :smile:

It's an airport-like area. Lots of hotels, restaurants, some nightlife...but not much. However, if you just go north on Howell and keep going north Howell eventually turns into water street. It will take you about...10 minutes. ;)

irish rover
03-31-2005, 04:01 PM
to bad Mil doesn't have a decent public trans system. Could get one like several mid size citys who have a light rail, could take it from airport to downtown. Amtrak I believe has a stop at the airport, light rail would be better

Palehose13
03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
to bad Mil doesn't have a decent public trans system. Could get one like several mid size citys who have a light rail, could take it from airport to downtown. Amtrak I believe has a stop at the airport, light rail would be better

I don't think there is a need for light rail. Milwaukee is not hard to get around at all and is very small. Their traffic reports are a joke. Seriously, a cab ride from the airport to downtown is probably under $15.