PDA

View Full Version : React to McCarthy's Top Ten Story

soxstarter
03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Would like you guys reaction to this statement about McCarthy and Sox from FoxSports.com by sportswriter, Dayn Perry.

"He's one of the best pitching prospects in the minors, and after posting an incredible 6.7 strikeout-to-walk ratio across three levels last season, he's ready for competition at the highest level. The Sox, however, will need to be patient. I'm not sure the organization realizes they play in one of the best hitter's parks in the AL, and as such they tend to overvalue their hitters and undervalue some of their pitchers. In any event, McCarthy's shot will come at some point this season. Expect great things from him."

BTW - He was rated in top 10 prospects here.

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Would like you guys reaction to this statement about McCarthy and Sox from FoxSports.com by sportswriter, Dayn Perry.
Can women react, too? I thnk we'd all like to react. Here's mine::bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

PAPChiSox729
03-29-2005, 11:34 PM

"He's one of the best pitching prospects in the minors, and after posting an incredible 6.7 strikeout-to-walk ratio across three levels last season, he's ready for competition at the highest level. The Sox, however, will need to be patient. I'm not sure the organization realizes they play in one of the best hitter's parks in the AL, and as such they tend to overvalue their hitters and undervalue some of their pitchers. In any event, McCarthy's shot will come at some point this season. Expect great things from him."

BTW - He was rated in top 10 prospects here.

Seems pretty good to me. I expect big things from McCarthy just as he does. I can't wait until he is up here to stay.
:bandance: :bandance:

Corlose 15
03-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Does this mean that Carlos Lee isn't the hall of famer everyone thinks the Sox traded for a bag of balls? Or that Mark Buehrle is actually a #1 pitcher in this league?

I don't like Dayn Perry.

FoulTerritory
03-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Does this mean that Carlos Lee isn't the hall of famer everyone thinks the Sox traded for a bag of balls? Or that Mark Buehrle is actually a #1 pitcher in this league?

I don't like Dayn Perry.

I agree.

While its nice he said that about McCarthy, isn't this the same guy who said KW had another "aimless" offseason?