PDA

View Full Version : MLB TV great for transplants.

Hank Kimball
03-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Well, I don't know if we're transplants, really. More like whatever you call us Sox fans who don't live close enough to get games other than WGN.

I have a broadband connection and got the Combo TV and Radio package and am very satisfied. The picture isn't television quality, and there are frame freezes, but I don't want my money back.

I would recommend to a friend.

Hank

brewcrew/chisox
03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
might want to look here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46634)

Alanzo
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I definitely recommend it, though I think it's a bit steep in price. But I'm only a college student. The quality is definitely acceptable, if not very good. Always use Realmedia when you can, though, it's better. I'm a Sox fan in NC. Blackout problems arise when the game for some reason might be on your regional sports provider (e.g. when the sox played baltimore I beleived I couldn't watch it b/c of our regional FSN covering baltimore). WGN Superstation coverage of sox games though I was able to watch both on cable and on my computer at same time. Go for it.

(Side note: last year I was able to login as many times at the same time as I wanted [my college friend from cincinatti could watch reds games as i watched a sox game], now I beleive they have fixed that 'error' in subscription terms)

scottyl
03-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I broke down and bought it because I don't have cable and live outside of IL. I was a subscriber the first year the MLB.tv came out.

The crappiest thing about this years' package is that MLB.com has it set to auto renew, so if you don't tell them to end your subscription, they'll bill ya for the next year automatically once the first pitch has been thrown. A dirty, dirty practice.

ZachAL
03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
I had it for the first month of the season last year when I was still down here at school. Although it was great, I could have done without the minute delay they had going. I remember watching the first game where we blew it in KC. During the 9th inning (?) breakdown I remember a friend called me and started yelling about how mad he was, I had no idea what he was talking about but then 30 secs-a minute later I saw the nail in the coffin shot. So I reccomend it, but dont let your friends Instant Message or call you and ruin the game by telling you what just happened.

NardiWasHere
03-31-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm blacked out and i'm at Purdue in Central Indy. I was gotta buy it but i wont get any sox games untill the next day.... read the blackout listings before you buy

Wsoxmike59
04-01-2005, 06:34 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cws&ym=200409I haven't watched 'em all yet.....I'm still looking for "C'mon Timo!!!" :D:

The Racehorse
04-01-2005, 06:45 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cws&ym=200409I haven't watched 'em all yet.....I'm still looking for "C'mon Timo!!!" :D:

mike, I pretty sure that the "C'mon Timo game" had the Indians feed, not the SOX feed [with Hawk & DJ]... double check the 8/8/04 game... I'll do the same in about 15 minutes or so.

Nick

EDIT: I'm afraid I'm right, it was the Indians feed... just trying to help. Btw, earlier this off season, someone started a thread asking if anyone had a recording of that game, with Hawk on the call of course... not sure what happened with that request. :dunno: